Yoshinoya West

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Shuji Abe

Company is great, Franchises not so much

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSolid company to work for, structured and professional

ConsFranchise owners are loose cannons doing whatever they please

Advice to Senior ManagementWrangle up the Franchise owners and whip them into shape, they are giving you a bad name.

The food is what did it for me. Lol

Cashier (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Pros50% meal discount, and learn how to prepare the menu at home.

ConsNot even a decent break room. Breaks are a joke; 10min really? Lol if soda cups fell on the ground, the manager didnt hesitate to put those dirty cups back up for sale; so unsanitary. Horrible pay $8.00. No benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the store's break room; happy employees equals happy team work, equals more loyal employees.

I worked in the kitchen

Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

Prosworking as a chef and learning kitchen skills. Fringe benefit of meals.

ConsWork like a mule back there for very little pay. Kitchen work is hard. You do everything back there from cleaning, prepping, lifting, cooking. You will have to multitask as orders come in. Back in the day there was no computers. You have to remember all the orders while cooking and moving items around. You should also expect to smell like crap everyday and also get rice burns and oil burns. Try to work as a cashier if you can because its far easier. You just run the cash register and clean the dining area. If you are a man you will probably be put in the kitchen. If you are a woman you get the cash register duty.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the people in the back more for what they put up with.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible service and bad management

Kitchen (Current Employee) Covina, CA

Prosworkers are friendly and very funny

Consno raise, bad management, unreliable manager.

Advice to Senior Managementa raise won't hurt

The work is overwhelming, the pay is a joke and management has its head up its arse!

Cashier (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsIf you go to Santa Monica College and need some cash on the side, this place may be an option. It's not more than a 5 minute drive to the College.

ConsBe ready to put up with terrible customers, a draconican district manager and unprofessional coworkers. You are basically on your own as far as keeping the store in tip-top shape, given that the manager expects three workers to do the job of five.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou complain that the store looks like crap, and that customer-waiting-times are too long, but you don't give us more people per shift to improve the quality of customer service.

Worked for Yoshinoya West? Contribute to the Community!