youearnedit.com

Updated February 5, 2015
Updated February 5, 2015
5.0

Autumn Manning

1 year down, many more to go!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt

Pros

I've been at YouEarnedIt for over 1 year now on their sales team and really love what I'm doing. I know our product is effective and it is so rewarding to hear customer feedback. It makes me feel good about what I'm doing. The sales team, and company as a whole, is very supportive of each other and cares about each other outside of the office as well. If I am having a problem, I know I can talk to our CEO, Autumn, or the leadership team.

Something else that is important to me in my job is that I'm always growing. If I'm not learning or being challenged, I'm going to get bored and that's not the case at YouEarnedIt!

Cons

Well, it's a start-up. There isn't always a system in place and part of my job is to improve and help build the processes for our teams. Personally I like this challenge, but there are times when it can be frustrating.
    Also, with sales and start-ups there can be a negative work-life balance and sometimes I feel this at YouEarnedIt. Everyone is working hard and no one wants to be the first person to leave for the day (...or maybe that's just me?). Either way, you have flexibility to work from home and at this time we have an unlimited vacation policy.

It's cool when you see leadership recognizing people on the YouEarnedIt system. Public recognition really is powerful so don't stop doing what you're doing!

Happily Employed

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've officially been working at YouEarnedIt for a year today! Still loving it and engaged as ever!

Cons

The workload can vary due to the small size of the company and the increase of larger clients.

Blogger

Current Employee - Blogger in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Blogger in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt

Pros

What I've loved about blogging for YouEarnedIt is how flexible they are when it comes to understanding and nourishing the unique environments of how one thrives. For me, creativity comes when I am MOBILE, seeing the world, exploring, and uncovering its magic. The team at YEI recognizes this need, and has been so supportive of me working from places like Germany or my recent move to L.A. from our home-base in Austin. Of course, the YEI software helps in keeping us all tightly connected. I still feel like a major contributor to the team despite not being present in the office everyday, because the team reads my blogs, suggests topics, and provides feedback on our YEI recognition feed. Apart from this, EVERYONE is so kind and ready to help in whatever way they can. Our culture truly shines in creating a harmonious team experience where everyone feels accepted as an integral part of the bigger picture.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this experience.

One of the best startups I've worked for

Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. Everyone is so great about helping each other, I have a ton of flexibility in my work hours and environment, and I really like my coworkers. It's also really fun working on a product where I hear such nice things from our customers.

Cons

Some weeks can get a little crazy, but that's life at a startup I guess.

I have never been happier to go to work each day. The passion is just overflowing from everyone everyday. I love it.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are all amazing. It feels like you are going to work with your best friends, and you all have the same mission/goal. It is very democratic, and your opinion always matters, even if you disagree with something. The leadership has a clear vision and give and takes feedback so flawlessly. Also, there is the perfect work/life balance!!

There is the perfect amount of autonomy to figure things out and do things on your own, but also, a ton of great guidance and additional resources when you need help. Everyone here has a WEALTH of knowledge to dive into.

Also, the product (YouEarnedit) we are selling TRULY helps our customers. We aren't trying to sell a dream, we are selling happiness. I absolutely love when I bring a client on board, because I am so excited for their employees to get to utilize such a great program.

Cons

Fast paced, constantly changing day-to-day environment. I personally wouldn't really say this is a con, unless you are more into the monotonous "same ole' same ole'" day-to-day type of work.

Best Place I've Ever Worked

I have been working at YouEarnedIt

Pros

YouEarnedIt is a small but quickly growing team that practices what they preach. The company's purpose is to promote happiness at work and you can feel it in the office. I'm surrounded daily by a passionate and caring team that genuinely wants to make the world a better place!

Cons

Nothing to report as a con.

Just keep doing what you're doing.

Happiness at Work - YouEarnedIt Practices What They Preach

Current Employee - Product Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at YouEarnedIt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

YouEarnedIt is a Austin company with a fun, energetic, fast-paced environment. The leadership is strong with a clear vision. My favorite thing about the company is its overall purpose - to encourage workplace happiness. I was able to contribute on day one and my ideas and work are recognized by all levels of the organization. Customers love YouEarnedIt which leads to a really positive vibe about what we do and how we do it.
    Glad to be working with really smart, creative and nice coworkers. I feel like they've got my back. No egos!

Cons

Constant change is exciting but can be unsettling. It's the nature of a fast-growing company.

YouEarnedIt Photos