YouFit

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick Berks

Great Company to work for

I have been working at YouFit full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat company to work for, lot's of opportunity to grow from within.

ConsThis is the best job that I have ever had. I would definitely recommend working here.

Corp America

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at YouFit full-time for less than a year

ProsGym atmosphere and the ability to workout sucks other than that

ConsLet's just say they claim to not be hard sales people but that's just a lie. It's all about the close, constantly harassed via emails and conference calls about your performance and hitting monthly goals and numbers. I get it's a business and everyone wants to make money however, management will replace you in a heart beat. Most of the time they are already producing and recruiting new hires behind your back. Pressure to hit monthly goals isn't worth the commission check each month. Not to mention the hours are horrible, if you aren't putting in over 10hrs a day you will miss the opportunity to hit goal. It's a headache and they make you feel as if your helping people get in better shape when all your doing is being an annoying sales person!
Easily taken advantage of, and there's no room growth unless you are dating within the company. Just way to much effort with little positive reinforcement

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new system, more flexibility with schedules, stop taking all the profit from the people who are actually pitching up tents and living in your facilities and recognize that you aren't different from any other corp gym!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great clients, horrible management

Personal Trainer (Former Employee)

I worked at YouFit part-time for less than a year

ProsClean and decent atmosphere. Organized better than most big name chains. Smaller operating floor is a blessing and a curse.

ConsThe small areas become very crowed even at non-peak times. Management did not seem to have much actual management experience at all and it showed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and allow trainers to build their book of business without micromanaging.

Youfit review

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at YouFit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat upper management! Great opportunity to grow with company! Company cares about all employees from bottom up!

ConsBest job I have ever had

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep leading by example! Whatever it takes

Great atmosphere where you can truly help!

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee)
Bradenton, FL

I have been working at YouFit part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere, free gym membership, and getting to impact peoples lives.

ConsConstantly changing management and having to fully follow a script to the letter.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to understand you're clients rather then just assuming what they want i regards to memberships.

DONT WORK HERE GM

General Manager (Current Employee)
Kendall, FL

I have been working at YouFit full-time for more than a year

ProsNice environment, you are in a gym atmosphere.

Consupper management is completely unprofessional and literally curses at employees in front of peers on company wide conference calls. The compensation is a LIE and they never pay you what is owed to you if you leave or are let go. You are literally just a number to them said directly by the owner. The upper management is terrible. One of the female Regional Managers has a "personal relationship" with one of her general managers and is not afraid to show it. She shows favoritism towards him and if you think you are planning on moving up you are mistaken. They make general managers relocate to a gym literally 50 miles away without compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare a little more about your employees

Headed in the wrong direction, General manager Review.

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at YouFit full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat managing experience, Free gym membership, decent pay, opportunity to move around, get to meaningfully impact peoples lives. I love what I do, hate the upper management and what the company has grown to become.

Consupper management is completely out of touch with day to day operations and would fire changes down the chain of command with out thinking the outcome through; which would, a lot of times, turn into mass confusion or have them change the "new rules" back to its original stance.
The company masks "new bonus structures" QUITE OFTEN to make GM's think they can make more money only to make cuts in the payment structure some where else... a TON of smoke and mirrors when it comes to pay.
The upper management, with few exceptions, are full of people on power trips and more drama from the female RM's than I saw in high school.
You basically have to suck up to the right people in this company to move up. I have seen more friends of upper management move up than deserving GM's. If your not part of the cool kid club, your screwed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and pay your General managers an adequate salary and stop handcuffing them with new rule changes. These people are the generals on your battlefield, they have the power to create a fun, thriving and appealing culture inside your company or can cause it to implode almost over night. Your corporate image is not carried from store to store because your corporate structure is flawed; communication is so poor between regions and stores that it took sometimes months to make a "rule change" that sometimes got changed back before it even got changed to begin with... if that makes any sense. Your company is getting so big so quick that your customers are the ones losing... your becoming greedy and its only going to come back and bite you in the butt. You pay your staff minimum wage but expect extraordinary things from them... I shouldn't have to tell you, but that's not how business works... you wonder why you have such a high rate of turnover? You try working for a company for $7.80 an hour that blatantly doesn't care about you.

Easy job but mobility slow

Front Desk (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at YouFit part-time for more than a year

ProsGives you a good idea on the psychology of gym members outside of your own opinions. Basic job duties are easy and not too demanding. Is a good starter for a sales position that isn't stressful. Gives great costumer service.

ConsIs a corporation that uses scrips that can be sometimes robotic and not applicable to the potential members. Its main staffing (front desk) is best for students or people who don't want full time employment. Give options to phase up but even if employee's meet requirements aren't always given it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more upfront with what you want to keep employee's interested in job because incentives no longer work after several months of employment

Front Desk

Front Desk (Current Employee)

I have been working at YouFit part-time for less than a year

Prosget free membership, work in a clean eco- friendly environment, not much work

Consthe company is very anal. must say phone script every time you answer the phone, which corporate and managers listen to calls to verify and even score the calls.
must say script while giving tours and sometimes managers tag along to make sure or corporate send secret shoppers.

Advice to Senior Managementmore flexibility if you dont trust staff to have the knowledge and ability to sell dont hire them

Worked for YouFit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at YouFit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for YouFit CEO Rick Berks. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by YouFit employees.