YourMembership.com

Updated February 9, 2015
Updated February 9, 2015
3.7

JP Guilbault

Best office job you will ever have.

I have been working at YourMembership.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office is fun,friendly and becomes family. We work hard and then have a lot of fun.

Cons

No cons. Do your job and you will get to benefit from the awesome rewards.

Starting Salaries need to be more consistent for the same job title. There a lot of people who get paid more and less than others in their same department that do the exact same job and have the exact same experience prior.

Great Idea - Poor Execution

Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I worked at YourMembership.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really laid back atmosphere. You were able to wear whatever you wanted with a fridge that was always fully stocked, with only 50% of employees actually doing any work made Fridays a lot of fun.

Cons

...Only 50% of employees ever did their own work, which meant you had to pick up the slack.

Since I left management as changed drastically, if this shift would have happened while I was there, I may still be there.

Stellar work environment !

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at YourMembership.com

Pros

At YM they really take time to invest in their employees growth. I was given an amazing mentor who really spent time with me cultivating my craft here at YM. I talk with my CEO on a daily basis and he gives me extra training that is so valuable. My CEO is very knowledge and brilliant at what he does. This is a great opportunity to work in a sales career. I never worked in sales before, I came from teaching. I find that getting to teach all of my clients about the value of our solution is very rewarding.

Cons

Everything is desk based and you live in sales force.

Best Career Ever!

I have been working at YourMembership.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Positive, fast-paced environment, great benefits, great atmosphere. Appears relaxed and casual but it's very busy without the underlying negativity that some other companies have. Fast growth, room for advancement, awesome, accessible management from immediate supervisor right up to the CEO. Everyone not only works well together but enjoys hanging out after work. Great team!

Cons

Need to do a better job telling others how great our company is!

Keep up the good work.

Best kept secret in St. Petersburg!

I have been working at YourMembership.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Open door policy with all of management, great company attitude, exponential growth, endless career opportunities, business casual atmosphere and great work life balance.

Cons

None-this company does it right all across the board.

Continue to advance every employee, whether that is by in house training, conferences or one-on-one discussions.

Good People, Growing Pains

Current Employee - Client Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Client Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at YourMembership.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people at this company. Found a lot of support and if you are able to be friendly with folks in different departments it goes a long way in helping you succeed.

Cons

Definitely some leadership issues. Departments aren't aligned so they are often in conflict with each other. While this is the case at other companies, this is a very fixable issue, but the professional managers here don't seem to do much about it, despite talking about it all the time. Can be frustrating. Seems to have the mix of corporate culture/startup culture switched around. Some of the bad parts of a bigger company, with the disorganization of a startup (as opposed to the creativity and opportunities of a startup, and the stability of a larger company).

Look at the company as a whole. How to departments interact with each other. What are the sectors in which they have a shared goal? Where do they have conflicting goals? How can you ease that friction? Look at processes and begin to knock down barriers to individual success.

Great company still sorting out todays future!

Current Employee - Account Manager - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at YourMembership.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Industries most complete product.
    This is a great incubator for ideas.
    The company has strong financial backing.

Cons

The training department is virtually non-existent. You must rely on your co-workers to learn about the software and its capabilities. This is no the best way to learn because everyone is very busy.
    Growing is growing so fast it has made many people uncomfortable and they don't know where they fit in this small company with big aspiration. So in a company where information transfer is key, people are not freely communicating for fear that what they say may not be the right thing to say.
    Because the company is back by a larger comglomerate ideas flow downhill not uphill. Upper management is running with a plan from it's funding source because they have to report on the information based the plan. If your ideas are not the concern of the day then management does not have time to hear them because they have bigger fish to fry.

Be transparent! Create an opportunity path for those who want it. Build more flexibility with software platform. Because people are looking for customization.

Disjointed, dishonest, and distant management

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at YourMembership.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a fully-stocked snack rack and fridge in the break room, along with an Xbox and Wii, if you're into that sort of thing. They have at least 1 company event (lunch, happy hour, etc.) a month. Relaxed culture, maybe too relaxed (occasional "proper attire" reminders from HR). Management for the software support side of things is generally easy to get along with if you are on their good side.

Cons

Current Customer Satisfaction scores (for support) are ~50% satisfied (terrible! Does anyone want to come into a role like that?!). For anyone with a lot of experience in the software support field, you will invariably find yourself frustrated with the policies, resources, and pay here. The staff is young and equally immature, both on the floor and in management. The recent acquisition of Affiniscape more than doubled their customer count, and the growing pains have been addressed reactively (or sometimes not at all), which left a lot of employees sour. Upper management is constantly implementing restructuring plans, so the day-to-day changes day-to-day. Opportunity for career development is limited to in-house (non-remote) positions only, and even then you better know who to kiss up to. Working here will leave you with a nice title on your resume, but no real world experience.

Your remote employees need access to the necessary resources to do the jobs they are being asked to do. You should consider letting support be a more vital part of product development. Unfortunately this means shedding of a lot of dead weight and paying your support staff a little more in order to attract the right workers. Your middle management needs to grow up and treat all employees equally. Your upper management needs to care about the customer instead of the bottom line. Everyone needs to stop talking negatively about the customers, as it affects attitudes in the wrong way.

You control your own destiny!

Current Employee - Implementation in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Implementation in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at YourMembership.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I like the most about working at Yourmembership.com is that I have, since day 1 working here, controlled my own destiny. I have never felt like no matter the quality of work or hours of effort I put in, that it would never be recognized or rewarded. I have never once had to ask for a raise or how to be promoted, that always happened with senior management approaching me. The culture is of utmost importance to leadership, and there are frequent team building events/activities, including ones that are open to employee family members. Office and facilities are first rate as well. Bottom line, if you are motivated to work and dive in to the product to learn it, you will succeed at Yourmembership.com!

Cons

Unfortunately there is a very large sense of entitlement among some (not all) peers that believe the reward should come before the work is done, and you can see that coming through in some of the other reviews here. That is not called a reward, that is called a bribe. The "top players" then have to pick up the slack for these individuals. Company is also going through the final stages of a merger that is unprecedented in the industry, so there are challenging situations to deal with on a daily basis, both in terms of operations and client interaction.

Prepare list of professional development opportunities for the industry and publicize that to employees. Communicate 3-5 year plan for company more consistently with follow ups about what goals have been met or not met.

An Interesting Glimpse in to a Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at YourMembership.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

YourMembership.com offers a casual work environment and lends itself well to those who are self-starters and motivated individuals with a strong work ethic. In the year in a half that I've worked for the company, I never had the feeling that I was being micromanaged, and my success here is defined by the realization that I have the space to create my own paths by owning the roles I envision for myself.

The company has grown tremendously since I started (more than doubled in size), and continues to grow on a daily basis. This creates the unique opportunity for driven employees to help to define new internal positions in response to the overall growth.

The new office has a great atmosphere with a large break room complete with a soda fountain machine, two large TVs and an Xbox/Nintendo Wi. A fairly central location (Gandy between 4th St. and MLK) whether you live in St. Petersburg, Tampa, or surrounding areas. Probably one of the most sought after perks is the 3PM snack cart, where all employees can choose from a variety snacks to assuage their late-afternoon hunger.

Cons

The rapid growth has caused "growing pains" that some would find to be difficult to deal with, but this is to be expected in my opinion. Examples would be the need to quickly evolve and change work processes sometimes on a weekly basis as internal structures have changed, and the taking on of larger work/project loads as a result of unexpected attrition rates.

Continue to provide outlets for lower level employees to voice their opinions/experiences, and actively seek their advice as it relates to the shaping of new processes and overall business strategy.

As the company continues to grow, it would be helpful to reach out to top performing employees to discuss the directions they would like to take their careers. In the same way, continuing to organize employee engagement activities to help foster a strengthening of internal culture.

YourMembership.com Photos