Youth Advocate Programs

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jeff Fleischer

Great work, failed system.

Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Youth Advocate Programs part-time for more than a year

ProsFulfilling and rewarding work with children and families through therapeutic services.

ConsSystemic pitfalls, inconsistent working hours, resistant parents and governing systems, i.e. schools, day cares, etc.

Don't practice the principles they preach.

TSS (Former Employee)
Meadville, PA

I worked at Youth Advocate Programs part-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Awesome Autism & Developmental Differences training
-Flexible scheduling is helpful for those in school
-Attempts to reach out to the local communities in many ways
-Encouraged staff to pursue their passions and personal development

Cons-Lacking budget resulted in hourly employees having all medical benefits taken away
-Extremely high turn over results in subpar client care in about 30% of cases
-Try to make employees work on administrative paperwork/correct errors/rewrite notes without paying them
-No guaranteed hours
-HR and other company offices seem distant and employees can feel like they're just a number

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice the YAP core values, listen to employees, don't ask for work without paying staff - every 15 minutes of pay adds up. Treat the staff with the respect and they will respect and value YAP.

I would love my job more if aI got some paid time off....who works in mental health and doesnt get paid mental days?

TSS (Current Employee)
Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Youth Advocate Programs

ProsI love the kids. I love the fact that we make improvements in these childrens lives.

Conseverytime we have a training instead of learning ways to improve our kiddos we get yelled at constantly for all the things that the tss's that are not doing their job do. Teach me something. Dont yell at me cause someone else isnt doing their job....

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn over is not good for these children yet the turnover rate of tss's is constantly rising. I feel that if we were better paid and had paid days off u would get better performance and people would stay...

Worked for Youth Advocate Programs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Youth Advocate Programs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Youth Advocate Programs CEO Jeff Fleischer. All reviews posted anonymously by Youth Advocate Programs employees.