Youth Advocate Programs

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Fleischer

Love the kids & the staff :)

Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

ProsThe staff is awesome!!! Always willingly to help. Never had a more chilled and outgoing boss! Ever! Plus we get paid weekly :)

ConsIts part time. And paperwork takes forever to write and correct if you have corrections to make.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you doing!

Not part of the in-crowd? Forget advancement!

ProsThe ability to work independently.

ConsNo advancement. No raises. Freeze on promotions and salary increases, but according to 990s, senior management's salaries have gone up every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop patting each other on the back for a job well done and start recognizing the real contributors to this companies success.

Don't practice the principles they preach.

Tss (Former Employee) Meadville, PA

Pros-Awesome Autism & Developmental Differences training
    -Flexible scheduling is helpful for those in school
    -Attempts to reach out to the local communities in many ways
    -Encouraged staff to pursue their passions and personal development

Cons-Lacking budget resulted in hourly employees having all medical benefits taken away
    -Extremely high turn over results in subpar client care in about 30% of cases
    -Try to make employees work on administrative paperwork/correct errors/rewrite notes without paying them
    -No guaranteed hours
    -HR and other company offices seem distant and employees can feel like they're just a number

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice the YAP core values, listen to employees, don't ask for work without paying staff - every 15 minutes of pay adds up. Treat the staff with the respect and they will respect and value YAP.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I would love my job more if aI got some paid time off....who works in mental health and doesnt get paid mental days?

Tss (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsI love the kids. I love the fact that we make improvements in these childrens lives.

Conseverytime we have a training instead of learning ways to improve our kiddos we get yelled at constantly for all the things that the tss's that are not doing their job do. Teach me something. Dont yell at me cause someone else isnt doing their job....

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn over is not good for these children yet the turnover rate of tss's is constantly rising. I feel that if we were better paid and had paid days off u would get better performance and people would stay...

Great work, failed system.

Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee)

ProsFulfilling and rewarding work with children and families through therapeutic services.

ConsSystemic pitfalls, inconsistent working hours, resistant parents and governing systems, i.e. schools, day cares, etc.

Worked for Youth Advocate Programs? Contribute to the Community!