Yum!

Updated November 10, 2014
3.6

Yum! Chairman, President, and CEO David C. Novak
David C. Novak

Pros
  • The work life balance is the job's biggest perks (in 10 reviews)

• Recognition culture is real and alive (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no room for advancement and raises (in 3 reviews)

• Work Life balance could be a big issue (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Hard work

I have been working at Yum! full-time

Pros

great benefits and good pay

Cons

Lot of responsibilities and expectations

So so place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Yum! full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, pretty good crew

Cons

Low pay, little chance for advancement, company cuts a lot of corners with equipment and supplies

Value your employeesvmore and really listen to them.. THEY know what goes on in your stores when you're not there

Good experience! But management needs improvement!

Former Employee - Shift Lead in Colfax, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Lead in Colfax, CA

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the location I was at, my co-workers are the reason I stayed so long. It was a "home" atmosphere.
    It is easy to move up in the company.

Cons

Management needs to get a handle on things. I was a shift lead, because of their dis-organization, I now decline any offer as a management position.

Taco bill needs people who actually care about what happens with the company, as well as their employees.

Area Coach

Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company!! would love to work for them again!! thumbs up, great experience would recommend to anyone who want to see excellence!!

Cons

None, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none

Keep Doing what you do!!!

General Manager for Taco Bell

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Yum! full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good team, good pay, interact with customers. Free food and drink, stock bonus

Cons

Lots of hours, you have no life since the restaurant opens at 6am and closes at 5 am, you're on call 24/7 as a General Manager

Decent place to work

I have been working at Yum!

Pros

Better than average compensation. Friendly people

Cons

No strategic direction. Flavor of the month.

Company culture and work environment is going down hill, no sign of improving.

Former Employee - Senior, Applications Developer/Technologist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Senior, Applications Developer/Technologist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work life balance is the job's biggest perks. Hours may be long during certain projects but no one is standing by the door to make sure you are in by 8.

Cons

The company culture has changed dramatically since I first worked there. This was once one of the best places to work in Louisville and I use to recommend it, during the last years of my employment, it slowly started to gain a body shop feel. Recruiting any talent or hiring interns full time became difficult since no one wanted to work there.

The pay and benefits are not great, while not bottom of the barrel bad, you can find the same job (IT jobs) in the Louisville area paying over 20% more with better health insurance.

I seen this place lay off very talented young individuals over people who had 5+ year experience who could not do 25% off what laid off person could do.

Learn to value IT and understand there is a lot of untracked work they do for the company. The moves you have made against your IT has caused ALL the talent to leave. It may not slow down tacos sales but walk around and ask the end users/clients of your IT on how they feel about the changes.

We use to say we worked for Yum! Brands with pride and felt like we was apart of something. Now, I mumble it when I talk to people and glad I'm no longer there.

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Great people who are commuted to constant improvement of themselves, and the brands they serve and build.

Cons

There can be some politics in getting things executed, and at times I'm not sure the best idea always saw the light of day.

Remember that although you may eat the food occasionally, you are not the typical customer.

Great company!

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, above average pay (not the top but benefits were great). Excellent training program and always looking to increase / improve your knowledge of the business.

Cons

sometimes long hours which will affect your work / life balance. Certain parts of the country they have "get results however your can"

Great Experiences

Former Employee - Intern in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Intern in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum! as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Yum definitely has a good work life balance. The culture is wonderful. This place has a great opportunity for experience for those getting ready to graduate and enter the work force.

Cons

The direction of the company is too marketing driven. The work hours at times can be long depending on the projects that you are working on.

Yum! Photos