Yum!

Yum! Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Yum! Chairman, President, and CEO David C. Novak

David C. Novak

Pros
  • There is some movement towards work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Recognition culture is real and alive(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no room for advancement and raises(in 3 reviews)

• Work Life balance could be a big issue(in 3 reviews)

Overworked and underappreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGreat matching 401k plan and some good co-workers

Cons24/7 culture, no vacations without constant calls, management has a have/have not superior attitude, they say it's great pay but when you end up working the extra hours constantly and give up your personal life it's not worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees fair and equal, share the wealth and spread the work/life balance across the company and not just for management

.......NO

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsI likes the coworkers and thats about it on the pros

ConsNo breaks.. Asst. Manager would go in and change my hours... 13 hour shifts for almost 10 months i mean come on now then i left to take care of my family and they refused me

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your workers

Odd.

Site Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWhile working for YUM!, there were some great survey opportunities to taste test their food - had Pizza once a month to test the markets. The food was great, the people were nice enough, and the pay was great.

ConsSay one thing but do another. Odd behavior displayed when in a financial crunch. Was unlucky timing.

Advice to Senior ManagementForecast accurately.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LJS and A&W

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsWork life balance. Half day and casual Fridays are nice. Great cafeteria and special events with the 3 brands in Louisville. Great benefits.

ConsPay is very poor for the area. Little to no room for advancement and raises. Bonuses are small and laughable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo better recruit and not keep the revolving door theory, this is a franchise run company and they are getting tired of being told what to do by a different person every 2 years.

Great place to learn but frustrating as you try to grow

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsUsed to be a great company with significant growth potential, has lost focus on it's people.

ConsYou must be willing to do what the company asks of you and you can't say no to an opportunity or you will never be given another chance. The leadership team particularly at KFC is highly disfunctional and has teams running in circles.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome aware that there is a true problem in the organization and that good talent is walking out the door every day. Their know how cannot be replaced.

People?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBig company great benefits there are opportunities if you are the favored person

ConsNot as people orientated as they like to believe

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach

Be prepared to be treated like a cost center if you are one.

Senior Applications Technologist (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsBonus structure was excellent for salaried employees, as a senior worker bee my target bonus was 8%, which even in bad years was a decent lump of cash.
    Excellent amenities for workers.
    Decent health insurance plan. Was awesome, now just competitive.

ConsLots of 9-5 mentality. Heroes that fix problems they create get recognized. Big annual layoffs and restructuring for the last 4-5 years I was there. Not much challenge for a technical person. Big emphasis on style over substance. Recognition culture went from fun to lip service to a horrible chore.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't care to support people be skilled at a job function, just go ahead and stop doing that function.

Field OPS

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong Brand Recognition / Very Fake / Diversity is a joke and it has been forever.

ConsOver 50 you are out of there .. Benefits cost company to much.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management out of touch. Very cut throat

Culture and morale need a boost

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNice offices, gym and facilities plus cafeteria

ConsLack of promoting from within

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk

If they lived the culture they teach, it would be a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsCompensation and benefits are comparable for the location and industry. Several in-office ammenities for those that desire them (Childcare, Fitness Center).

ConsCulture is not as advertised. Annual re-organizations and job reductions. Heavy politics and bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that the culture is being taught and learned, but living it can be difficult inside the organizational political structure.

Worked for Yum!? Contribute to the Community!