Yum!

Updated December 8, 2014
3.3

Yum! Chairman, President, and CEO David C. Novak
David C. Novak

Pros
  • The work life balance is the job's biggest perks (in 10 reviews)

• Recognition culture is real and alive (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no room for advancement and raises (in 3 reviews)

• Work Life balance could be a big issue (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

General Manager

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager

I have been working at Yum! full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great salary and job locations as well as interaction with other managers.

Cons

Poor Training and no upper management direction when needed.

Get area coaches that can help and not just tell to fix things and then not give proper means to correct them.

Area Coach

Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company!! would love to work for them again!! thumbs up, great experience would recommend to anyone who want to see excellence!!

Cons

None, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none

Keep Doing what you do!!!

Overworked and underappreciated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great matching 401k plan and some good co-workers

Cons

24/7 culture, no vacations without constant calls, management has a have/have not superior attitude, they say it's great pay but when you end up working the extra hours constantly and give up your personal life it's not worth it

Treat your employees fair and equal, share the wealth and spread the work/life balance across the company and not just for management

.......NO

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I likes the coworkers and thats about it on the pros

Cons

No breaks.. Asst. Manager would go in and change my hours... 13 hour shifts for almost 10 months i mean come on now then i left to take care of my family and they refused me

Take care of your workers

Odd.

Former Employee - Site Registration Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Site Registration Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Yum!

Pros

While working for YUM!, there were some great survey opportunities to taste test their food - had Pizza once a month to test the markets. The food was great, the people were nice enough, and the pay was great.

Cons

Say one thing but do another. Odd behavior displayed when in a financial crunch. Was unlucky timing.

Forecast accurately.

LJS and A&W

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Yum!

Pros

Work life balance. Half day and casual Fridays are nice. Great cafeteria and special events with the 3 brands in Louisville. Great benefits.

Cons

Pay is very poor for the area. Little to no room for advancement and raises. Bonuses are small and laughable.

To better recruit and not keep the revolving door theory, this is a franchise run company and they are getting tired of being told what to do by a different person every 2 years.

Good experience but recognition culture is kind of phony.

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Ability to work from home if needed. Pay is good.

Cons

Ability to work from home if needed = you are expected to be available outside of office hours on a regular basis. Major emphasis on organizational hierarchy. Upper level management (VPs) are totally disconnected from their teams.

Good experience! But management needs improvement!

Former Employee - Shift Lead in Colfax, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Lead in Colfax, CA

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the location I was at, my co-workers are the reason I stayed so long. It was a "home" atmosphere.
    It is easy to move up in the company.

Cons

Management needs to get a handle on things. I was a shift lead, because of their dis-organization, I now decline any offer as a management position.

Taco bill needs people who actually care about what happens with the company, as well as their employees.

Company culture and work environment is going down hill, no sign of improving.

Former Employee - Senior, Applications Developer/Technologist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Senior, Applications Developer/Technologist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum! full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work life balance is the job's biggest perks. Hours may be long during certain projects but no one is standing by the door to make sure you are in by 8.

Cons

The company culture has changed dramatically since I first worked there. This was once one of the best places to work in Louisville and I use to recommend it, during the last years of my employment, it slowly started to gain a body shop feel. Recruiting any talent or hiring interns full time became difficult since no one wanted to work there.

The pay and benefits are not great, while not bottom of the barrel bad, you can find the same job (IT jobs) in the Louisville area paying over 20% more with better health insurance.

I seen this place lay off very talented young individuals over people who had 5+ year experience who could not do 25% off what laid off person could do.

Learn to value IT and understand there is a lot of untracked work they do for the company. The moves you have made against your IT has caused ALL the talent to leave. It may not slow down tacos sales but walk around and ask the end users/clients of your IT on how they feel about the changes.

We use to say we worked for Yum! Brands with pride and felt like we was apart of something. Now, I mumble it when I talk to people and glad I'm no longer there.

Great place to learn but frustrating as you try to grow

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Used to be a great company with significant growth potential, has lost focus on it's people.

Cons

You must be willing to do what the company asks of you and you can't say no to an opportunity or you will never be given another chance. The leadership team particularly at KFC is highly disfunctional and has teams running in circles.

Become aware that there is a true problem in the organization and that good talent is walking out the door every day. Their know how cannot be replaced.

Yum! Photos