Yum!

Yum! Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Yum! Chairman, President, and CEO David C. Novak

David C. Novak

Pros
  • There is some movement towards work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Recognition culture is real and alive(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no room for advancement and raises(in 3 reviews)

• Work Life balance could be a big issue(in 3 reviews)

Great place to learn but frustrating as you try to grow

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsUsed to be a great company with significant growth potential, has lost focus on it's people.

ConsYou must be willing to do what the company asks of you and you can't say no to an opportunity or you will never be given another chance. The leadership team particularly at KFC is highly disfunctional and has teams running in circles.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome aware that there is a true problem in the organization and that good talent is walking out the door every day. Their know how cannot be replaced.

Used to be a People focused company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsChallenging work because of scale; upward growth potential, recognition culture is great (when taken seriously), lot of great folks, dedicated and passionate.

ConsCan be cliq-ish... beware the boys club mentality as you move upward... constant pressure of aggressive performance targets can causes work/life balance issues...

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the people you have working for you. You just might be surprised at what could be accomplished.

Great company!

Operations (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, above average pay (not the top but benefits were great). Excellent training program and always looking to increase / improve your knowledge of the business.

Conssometimes long hours which will affect your work / life balance. Certain parts of the country they have "get results however your can"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experiences

Intern (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsYum definitely has a good work life balance. The culture is wonderful. This place has a great opportunity for experience for those getting ready to graduate and enter the work force.

ConsThe direction of the company is too marketing driven. The work hours at times can be long depending on the projects that you are working on.

Wonderful people, fantastic China business international exposure and nice/affordable city.

Director, Finance (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsPeople/culture are all about teamwork, international experience tops, and retail industry exposure great.

ConsSmaller city several hours away from larger ones like Chicago.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote or rotate people faster.

Interesting and frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can build things and watch them grow (to some extent). Fun culture and people are friendly.

ConsConfused leadership, politics for politics' sake, like to go around in circles.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink like leaders. Take risks and prepare to change fast because you are living in the past.

People?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBig company great benefits there are opportunities if you are the favored person

ConsNot as people orientated as they like to believe

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach

The Culture is very good

Shift Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGrowth of the company and ourselves are very easy, if u show your self

ConsEverything is good, we have to involve in PROS and CONS

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to develop the training session in depth

Be prepared to be treated like a cost center if you are one.

Senior Applications Technologist (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsBonus structure was excellent for salaried employees, as a senior worker bee my target bonus was 8%, which even in bad years was a decent lump of cash.
    Excellent amenities for workers.
    Decent health insurance plan. Was awesome, now just competitive.

ConsLots of 9-5 mentality. Heroes that fix problems they create get recognized. Big annual layoffs and restructuring for the last 4-5 years I was there. Not much challenge for a technical person. Big emphasis on style over substance. Recognition culture went from fun to lip service to a horrible chore.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't care to support people be skilled at a job function, just go ahead and stop doing that function.

Smart leaders with relentless pursue of value and growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany smart people with great people skills. Recognition culture is real and alive.

ConsPromotion based on employee potential instead of actual. results. If you are over 50+, don't even bother to apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the high growth markets, and promote executives in Operations in stead of Marketing so to be consistent with the strategy.

Worked for Yum!? Contribute to the Community!