Yum! Reviews

Reset

1. General Manager

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager

I have been working at Yum! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary and job locations as well as interaction with other managers.

Cons

Poor Training and no upper management direction when needed.

Advice to Management

Get area coaches that can help and not just tell to fix things and then not give proper means to correct them.

2. Area Coach

Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior District Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company!! would love to work for them again!! thumbs up, great experience would recommend to anyone who want to see excellence!!

Cons

None, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none, none

Advice to Management

Keep Doing what you do!!!

3. In need of new management team

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Not much at all except it's a job

Cons

Too much for it being the job that it is

Advice to Management

Get new management

Decent place to work

I have been working at Yum!

Pros

Better than average compensation. Friendly people

Cons

No strategic direction. Flavor of the month.

6. General Manager for Taco Bell

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Yum! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team, good pay, interact with customers. Free food and drink, stock bonus

Cons

Lots of hours, you have no life since the restaurant opens at 6am and closes at 5 am, you're on call 24/7 as a General Manager

Company culture and work environment is going down hill, no sign of improving.

Former Employee - Senior, Applications Developer/Technologist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Senior, Applications Developer/Technologist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work life balance is the job's biggest perks. Hours may be long during certain projects but no one is standing by the door to make sure you are in by 8.

Cons

The company culture has changed dramatically since I first worked there. This was once one of the best places to work in Louisville and I use to recommend it, during the last years of my employment, it slowly started to gain a body shop feel. Recruiting any talent or hiring interns full time became difficult since no one wanted to work there. The pay and benefits are not great, while not bottom of the barrel bad, you can find the same job (IT jobs) in the Louisville area paying over 20% more with better health insurance. I seen this place lay off very talented young individuals over people who had 5+ year experience who could not do 25% off what laid off person could do.

Advice to Management

Learn to value IT and understand there is a lot of untracked work they do for the company. The moves you have made against your IT has caused ALL the talent to leave. It may not slow down tacos sales but walk around and ask the end users/clients of your IT on how they feel about the changes. We use to say we worked for Yum! Brands with pride and felt like we was apart of something. Now, I mumble it when I talk to people and glad I'm no longer there.

8. I worked at Yum!

Pros

Great people who are commuted to constant improvement of themselves, and the brands they serve and build.

Cons

There can be some politics in getting things executed, and at times I'm not sure the best idea always saw the light of day.

Advice to Management

Remember that although you may eat the food occasionally, you are not the typical customer.

Great place to learn but frustrating as you try to grow

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Used to be a great company with significant growth potential, has lost focus on it's people.

Cons

You must be willing to do what the company asks of you and you can't say no to an opportunity or you will never be given another chance. The leadership team particularly at KFC is highly disfunctional and has teams running in circles.

Advice to Management

Become aware that there is a true problem in the organization and that good talent is walking out the door every day. Their know how cannot be replaced.

10. Great company!

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, above average pay (not the top but benefits were great). Excellent training program and always looking to increase / improve your knowledge of the business.

Cons

sometimes long hours which will affect your work / life balance. Certain parts of the country they have "get results however your can"

11. Used to be a People focused company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging work because of scale; upward growth potential, recognition culture is great (when taken seriously), lot of great folks, dedicated and passionate.

Cons

Can be cliq-ish... beware the boys club mentality as you move upward... constant pressure of aggressive performance targets can causes work/life balance issues...

Advice to Management

Empower the people you have working for you. You just might be surprised at what could be accomplished.

RSS Feed </> Embed