Yum!

Yum! Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Yum! Chairman, President, and CEO David C. Novak

David C. Novak

Pros
  • There is some movement towards work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Recognition culture is real and alive (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no room for advancement and raises (in 3 reviews)

• Work Life balance could be a big issue (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

yum

Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

Prosculture is number one nice 401k match

Conssmall increases of pay growth is hard

Advice to Senior Managementbe supportive stop out sourcing everything

Great Company to work for with great working conditions

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsLots of perks..fitness center, various Yum! food brand options, convenient location and a fun recognition atmosphere.

ConsTheir continual downsizing and turnover. Being expected to continually be involved with all the recognition antics when the time could be better spent on getting work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to listen and show more concern for the workers.

Overworked and underappreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGreat matching 401k plan and some good co-workers

Cons24/7 culture, no vacations without constant calls, management has a have/have not superior attitude, they say it's great pay but when you end up working the extra hours constantly and give up your personal life it's not worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees fair and equal, share the wealth and spread the work/life balance across the company and not just for management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved and was loyal to the brand, but left broken hearted after being pushed out at 51.

Various (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsLot of recognition
    Generally pay raises based on performance

Consat 50 you now have a target on your back. They want you gone. They have left more people go over 50 in the last 5 years then I bet they did in the first 30 years of existence. It's a shame that Novak who is over 50 does not value people with tenure who made him successful. The same for the Lawyer, the HR SVP, the Media VP, and other all who are on the senior team, collecting millions in options each year, yet finding it OK to terminate or ask people over 50 to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementDavid, you have been there a long time. You've tried many times to have great operations and it never had happened. Cutting labor, too many products, skimping on quality by cutting costs everywhere you go is only making you rich and the brand poor and inn bad shape. You forgive remodels when the brands at KFC and Pizza Hut are old in order to get concessions that line the pockets of executive. Your tenants state franchisees are partners yet you have senior management in place that thinks nothing about lying to them and it is tolerated. No organization is perfect, but it is very hard to see you and your team getting rich at the expense of the very people who supported you. Shame on you. Karma will come around!

Great culture, fun company, personal development challenging

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for. Culture values people. I would recommend to others. Ability to transfer between three leading restaurant brands.

ConsCompensation is low. Lots of "recognition" but nothing tied to compensation and promotion. Challenging to get ahead as not a meritocracy. Lots of political motivations for promotions or lack thereof.

smart people, great culture

Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosawesome people who you could easily be friends with outside of work. very driven smart culture.

Conseating too much fast food...??

Great Place to Work

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsBelief in People! Employees are given the tools and autonomy to do their job. People are encouraged to take risks. There is some movement towards work/life balance.

ConsSome areas of the company are not given the overall respect for their contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure all areas are given equal respect for their contributions. Althought operations and marketing drive our core business, remember all functions serve a purpose and deliver results helping YUM achieve excellent EPS.

It's David's way or the highway

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat amount of trust at an early stage in my career.
    Great training and mentorship among the few in our crew
    All the benefits rock

ConsLong, long, hours
    Crisis management attitude everyday

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try to be human, just be real.

Good Steeping Stone Company

Manager (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGood Culture and work life balance

ConsNo advance opportunities for African-Americans. You have to come into the company at a high level or you will never get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth

Good oppty if you're open minded

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsMajority of employees are positive and love their jobs
    Culture is all about recognition and celebration

ConsNot everyone lives and breaths the culture - like any place

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more objective ways to measure authenticity in the culture
    Make sure you're not pressuring anyone to sacrifice personal family time for team building after work

Worked for Yum!? Contribute to the Community!