Yum! Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Overall good place to work .. but image has become more important than results.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Great competent team members. Team members are dedicated to doing a good job! good recognition culture .. but can be superfacial.

Cons

10+ yrs ago great place to work. Your efforts were recognized and rewarded. Since then the good old boy network kicked in. Once someone puts you in a box .. its never getting out. They also use terms like going for breakthrough results to get people to sacrifice there children to the work place.

Advice to Management

Image is not the way to determine leadership. You need to look at accomplishments of individuals.

2. Nice place to intern but be prepared to do the dirty work.

Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Intern R&D in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Learned a lot from my team and manager. Treated me as part of the team even though I were only there for 3 months as an intern. Very open workplace office. Met full time scientists that went to same college for network. Had regular interaction with management. Great company culture.

Cons

Drama in other departments. During the three months I were there I saw 3 upper level managers that had worked for Yum for over 10 years be let go. Lots of politics. If your not with the in crowd be prepared to be demoted or moved. Saw this happen several times. Intern pay not too good.

Advice to Management

Value your scientists that are doing the constant product evaluations. Check up on resturants, their quality standards do not match yours.

3. People focused company

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Yum!

Pros

- Strong work/life balance - career advancement opportunities for strong performers - great review/feedback process - recognition-driven culture

Cons

- big variance in talent levels between functions and brands - marketing processes and resources (especially in insights) should be elevated (not at same levels as CPG)

Advice to Management

Company is consumer driven and therefore organization should focus more on building a world-class marketing organization much like leading CPGs, which would help it retain top marketing talent. The company has a great culture, but falls into some of the trappings of retail organizations, focused too much on daily sales rather than building strong and vibrant brands over time. Overall, the company's people-focused culture truly makes it unique.

5. Positive Learning Experience for any software engineering intern.

Former Employee - Intern in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Intern in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros

Strong community values in the company

Cons

Project reviews can be slow.

Great exposure and experience

Former Employee - Senior Technology Position in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Position in Dallas, TX

I worked at Yum!

Pros

- recognition culture - great people - great pay - good benefits

Cons

- very performance related and sometime politically related' - good people managed out because they did not get along with current management twice a year reviews so you knew where you stood company is selling a lot of US stores. International is the only good place left to work

Advice to Management

You are forcing 20+ year people out. These are the people who know your business from an Operations perspective. It's no wonder store operations continue to suffer. There used to be standards that were enforced, just not talked about.

Overall excellent peer interaction and collaboration - especially with folks in the operational areas

Former Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, innovation, exciting industry, growth opportunities

Cons

Lack of leadership transparency; diversity and inclusion is not a priority

Advice to Management

Listen to your people - look at how diverse your employee and customer base is - and then act accordingly

8. Location Location Location

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Yum! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It all depends on where you work. The better the store manager and their direction, the more you will love to work there. It's fine to boost revenue and be quick but customers matter as well. When customers aggravate you, you feel aggravated throughout the day. If the manager allows you to please the customers with perks when they are dissatisfied, then things flow so much smoother. I can not emphasize this enough. Happy customers. Happy workers.

Cons

The store managers demand more revenue and quick output without putting more emphasis on both output and customer relations.

Advice to Management

The better the manager, the better your employees will be at handling customers. Constantly train them on behavior and pleasing the customers.

9. It's David's way or the highway

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great amount of trust at an early stage in my career. Great training and mentorship among the few in our crew All the benefits rock

Cons

Long, long, hours Crisis management attitude everyday

Advice to Management

Don't try to be human, just be real.

Great culture, fun company, personal development challenging

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Culture values people. I would recommend to others. Ability to transfer between three leading restaurant brands.

Cons

Compensation is low. Lots of "recognition" but nothing tied to compensation and promotion. Challenging to get ahead as not a meritocracy. Lots of political motivations for promotions or lack thereof.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee recognition is #1 here.

Cons

Too political to get the opportunities to grow your career!

Advice to Management

Invest more in consistent employees vs. the younger generation....they just leave in 2 years and that investment leaves with them!!

RSS Feed </> Embed