Yusen Logistics

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
2.2

Kazuo Ishizuka

Good Job, very good benefits, but unfortunately very poor leadership with constantly shifting priorities and initiatives

I have been working at Yusen Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, large organization, good people on the floor, and slightly higher salary.

Cons

Very poor leaders at the top, leadership changes ever few years, constantly shifting initiatives and priorities. No standardization, uncertain job stability, and the direction of the company is questionable.

They need to pick a heading and stay on course for the long term. All I have seen is short term plans with short term outcomes. There is no faith from the employees, nor trust. No organization can cut its way to growth, and without an identity to cascade initiatives and growth strategies through, a company ends up with no foundation to stand on continuously in a state of flux.

Yusen was a joy for me

I have been working at Yusen Logistics

Pros

I started in the warehouse and was promoted to the office and I got alot of valuable trianing.

Cons

I got layed off a week before I got hired permanently. They closed down the warehouse we got our work from so everybody where I worked got laid off to.

They should up the pay scale if they did it wouldnt be such a big turn over and good employees would stay.

good

I have been working at Yusen Logistics

Pros

i have too say that you can learn some more skills

Cons

i dont see any cons

Depressing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Yusen Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is okay, some managers are understanding while others get highly upset. They are becoming increasingly strict now.

Cons

Benefits are good, no room for personal growth and if you try to switch departments they will make sure that you cant, they offer promotions with little increase in pay. Managers say one thing and do another, employees have meltdowns frequently and go create a scene in the office, no HR at this location with lots of unhappy employees. A lot of people leaving.

If you say one thing stick to it, don't bad mouth your employees and pin them on other employees. Stop being sneaky and do your job the right way or don't do it at all. Managers and supervisors need to be trained in human relations, something needs to change.

Be warned

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Yusen Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay.
    Great if you don't want to fly under the radar and make an impression.

Cons

No flexibility. You are looked down upon for any missed time.
    This place is a revolving door because management is extremely difficult to work with. They expect perfection but give little in the way of tools or direction to meet their unrealistic expectations. They pride themselves on integrity yet show anything but.
    Re-work is a huge problem because they change direction on a dime.

Don't preach what you don't practice

On office full of mostly young people making low wages with no chance for upward mobility whatsoever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Yusen Logistics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Decent office; good location in Jacksonville. Good people.

Cons

Zero privacy; none whatsoever. Managers (some of whom who have left recently) have little to no people skills. They play favorites all the time; cronyism. They would tell you one thing and then 2-3 weeks later totally deny it and blame you. Employees walked around on egg shells out of fear. Upper management makes good money and pay the average employees peanuts. Logistics software in use is from the dark ages. Stay away!

Your Japanese way of doing things is not working in the USA.

Poor IT Management

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Yusen Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Users and non-management people are easy and good to work with; salary and benefits were decent

Cons

Bad IT team, so if you are going to work for this department - STAY AWAY!; IT directors in Memphis and some IT Demand managers need to be replaced; they have no management/people skills whatsoever. They run around like chickens with their heads cutoff and busy killing fires because they just do not know how to manage their people. All they care is their own self-interest and how to play politics. Their own bosses are also naive as to what is going on inside their own department and they wonder why things are not getting done. Morale is very low and direct reports are overworked and frustrated.

If you are wondering why things are going so slow in IT and why projects are not getting done - that is because It is time for IT overhaul. Listen to your workers and their issues, specially those who care about their work and their projects. They only want what is best for the company. Reward people not because you like them or they know how to play politics, but look at their accomplishments and dedication to their work.

Growing business, and good opportunity for the right person

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Yusen Logistics part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, very typical office - cubicles and such. Opportunity to work with people from all over the world. Focused on continuos improvement as a company culture.

Cons

My personal manager did not listen to reason. I felt that I could add efficiency to the business, but I was ignored.

Hard work

Current Employee - Lead Assistant in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Assistant in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Yusen Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love being able to do anything and joke around with the management

Cons

FAST past environment if you don't like being told what to do its not a place for you

Hire more employees

Logistics Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Yusen Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Schedule and hours and location

Cons

Poor leadership from the top down no valuable training

Pick better leadership and the local and division level invest in training