Z Line Designs

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Sexton

My experience at Z-Line Designs was nothing less than fabulous!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe biggest "pro" to working at Z-Line Designs are the people who work there. Most everyone there are very friendly, respectful and overall really nice to be around. In regard to compensation, I believe that they are very fair. They also offer a great benefit plan!

ConsThey don't do enough for employee bonding and morale . I think they should try to do more outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great! The only thing that I can think of to tell Management is that they might think about promoting from within and giving the current employees a chance to do something else within the company.

At first I was excited.

San Ramon, CA

ProsClose to freeway. Close to good food. Salary pay.

ConsBasically no perks to working here. It's dead quiet at all times. Deadlines ruled the office. They don't really have a good grasp on how to market their products well, and the owner is stuck in the 80's. I don't expect Z-Line to stay afloat for too many more years.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou laid off some of the most intensely talented people available to you because you couldn't find a use for one of the most limitless skills in the world; animation. That was a really bad move. Having animators on any team is a goldmine. Update your marketing methods and you would have seen this.

One of the WORST places that I have ever worked!!!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Livermore, CA

ProsThe hours are set so there is no work to take home and you know what time you will get off of work so if you have another job or family obligations you are sure to be on time.

ConsThe management is simply terrible!!! They do not support their employees, back them up, or support them! They throw them under the bus every chance that they get with customers, other employees, higher level management, etc. They also cover up issues (i.e. harassment in the work place). There is also no availability for promotion in the company. If anything they demote their personnel. It is overall a very TOXIC environment to work in and I would not recommend it to anyone!!!! No one has that thick of skin!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe kinder to your employees! Listen to them and resolve issues when they arise! Be pro-active and not re-active when under fire. Take action when a problem arises and do not brush it under the rug or try to blow it off.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big dollars, small heart.

San Ramon, CA

ProsSmall company with diverse, good people.

ConsCompany is not young it is over 10 years old. Confidence and communication is lacking. There are no corporate goals, mission statement. There are no cross functional meetings. No periodic staff meetings (Monthly, quarterly, or annual) This makes it hard for employees to see their contribution and therefore they lack motivation to strive for goals because there is no 'vision'. Does not promote bottom up input/ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet continued education. Allow staff to take CE courses to gain confidence, professional knowledge and to broaden their professional experience since upward mobility is virtually impossible.

Worked for Z Line Designs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Z Line Designs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Z Line Designs CEO Jim Sexton. All reviews posted anonymously by Z Line Designs employees.