Z57 Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
3.2

Ryan Whitlock

Best job experience you'll ever have.

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is amazing. Your co-workers are amazing. Your managers are amazing. The people above the managers are amazing. This is an absolute amazing place to work. You probably won't have a bettet job experience than this. If you're good at sales, this can be the best job of your life.

Cons

Cold calling is hard. Anyone who applies should know that, though. If you're weak minded, you won't survive. Managers always do their best to help people who are struggling, as long as you put in the effort. It's sales, suck it up.

Keep doing exactly what you're doing.

Perfect learning experience and great culture

Current Employee - Territory Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Z57 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are honestly the best part about working here. If you are looking for a positive work culture, Z57 is it. The longer you stay the course and not give up, the better it gets too. This is a job where you grow as a person.

Cons

The pay is not the best if you're not producing. The management staff is currently filled so you can't move position wise. You cold call a lot, and if you don't like it, 100-300 dials a day can bring you down.

More opportunities for advancement beyond a sales rep.

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team-building events, co-workers helping each other out

Cons

Giving the clients the run-around at times, and there would be days where the calls would come in from nothing but irate clients.

Be more careful on who you are favoring.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learn how to sell.

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great sales coaching, fun environment.

Cons

Not a place to make a career at.

Poor Ethics

Former Employee - Upgrade Specialist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Upgrade Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company does a good job of hiring young people that are fun and high energy.

Cons

No one ends up staying. They push 'core values' down your throat but then you realize that no one is living them. Bottom line is this job isn't hard to get and any job where there turnover is about 50% each quarter probably isn't a great job.

You are past helping, you believe in what your doing and will continue to do it for better or worse.

The best job experience I've had

Former Employee - Sales  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll leave Z a better person. The best work-culture, work-life balance I've had in my time in the business world. There is a steep learning curve, but plenty of money to make for those who can commit to being a student of the process, and committing to the program. The harder you work at knowing your territory, the more money you will make. Great place to: Make friends, learn about real estate, learn about marketing, learn about sales, improve public speaking, master a CRM, learn to cold call, learn to close deals, and have fun. Lots of promotions take place to those willing to commit and work through the difficult learning curve.

Cons

The base pay hasn't been adjusted for inflation over the last few years. A bump in pay even by 1 or 2% would attract more talent. A bonus pay to reps who prove their commitment over the first 6 months would improve retention.

Offer a $1057 or $2057 bonus to reps who hit 50 deals in 6 months. Offering an incentive at the conclusion of training may be the carrot needed to offset the steep-learning curve.

I feel at home at Z57 - Great Environment

I have been working at Z57

Pros

I've worked in other office jobs and nothing compares to the fun vibe you get at Z57.
    I like that Z57 is really invested in training and helping people develop. You don't have to come with a ton of sales experience. It's what you make it if you work with the coaches and trainers.
    There is a lot of bonus potential if you perform in sales. Lots of reco for effort is nice and there are people who are doing pretty well on the sales floor.
    Benefits are good and you get off work at 3:30 in most teams - which is awesome in the summer in San Diego!

Cons

It's a very fast pace and not everyone can keep up with it. Wish we could keep more sales people but it's a hard job and you need to stay focused and ignore the negative people who might bring their drama to the job. We work with Realtors - they have crazy lives already so I prefer to focus on helping the customers fix their drama and not getting pulled into co-worker drama. But you get a bit at that at any job - so overall, I really like it!

Love the training! Wish bonuses were easier to hit sometimes.

You must work hard but it's a lot of fun

Former Employee - Sales  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned a ton about sales and how to talk to people on the phone. It's not an easy job and I saw people quit too fast before they started to make enough sales. I loved the energy in the building and we had a lot of contests going that kept things fun.

Cons

The comp plan is designed for someone who wants to make a career of sales. Really I just left because I wanted to go back to school, not be a career sales person. But if they had a part time job, I'd have stayed. Coworkers who are not succeeding can be really negative and try to drag you down.

Training is pretty good. More of the big meetings where we hear what's going on. More money faster. Get rid of the negative people.

Company sold out a year ago but keeps the same name

I worked at Z57 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You lean a lot about over coming objections on the sales and service side of the business

Cons

No raises, management plays with the numbers to decide how much bonus money they want to hand out.

Give raises

Great energy, great people, terrible work and compensation.

Former Employee - Social Media Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Z is a lot of fun for the first month or so because you're constantly getting recognition for your work. They tend to hire a lot of cool people and I'm grateful for all the friends I made while I was there. They also have a great training program to learn the basics for telesales.

Cons

The work you have to do is brutal and wears on you (cold calling all day long) and even when you're mildly successful, you hardly get paid anything. They are very misleading about the commission opportunities. Have to start work at 6:30 am, but realistically they want you to be there at 6:15.

Pay a higher salary or more realistic commission structure and higher more qualified salespeople.

Worked for Z57? Contribute to the Community!