Z57
www.z57.com San Diego, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Z57 Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014
Z57 – San Diego – “Mustache Wednesday”

Ryan Whitlock

The best job experience I've had

Sales (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsYou'll leave Z a better person. The best work-culture, work-life balance I've had in my time in the business world. There is a steep learning curve, but plenty of money to make for those who can commit to being a student of the process, and committing to the program. The harder you work at knowing your territory, the more money you will make. Great place to: Make friends, learn about real estate, learn about marketing, learn about sales, improve public speaking, master a CRM, learn to cold call, learn to close deals, and have fun. Lots of promotions take place to those willing to commit and work through the difficult learning curve.

ConsThe base pay hasn't been adjusted for inflation over the last few years. A bump in pay even by 1 or 2% would attract more talent. A bonus pay to reps who prove their commitment over the first 6 months would improve retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a $1057 or $2057 bonus to reps who hit 50 deals in 6 months. Offering an incentive at the conclusion of training may be the carrot needed to offset the steep-learning curve.

I feel at home at Z57 - Great Environment

ProsI've worked in other office jobs and nothing compares to the fun vibe you get at Z57.
    I like that Z57 is really invested in training and helping people develop. You don't have to come with a ton of sales experience. It's what you make it if you work with the coaches and trainers.
    There is a lot of bonus potential if you perform in sales. Lots of reco for effort is nice and there are people who are doing pretty well on the sales floor.
    Benefits are good and you get off work at 3:30 in most teams - which is awesome in the summer in San Diego!

ConsIt's a very fast pace and not everyone can keep up with it. Wish we could keep more sales people but it's a hard job and you need to stay focused and ignore the negative people who might bring their drama to the job. We work with Realtors - they have crazy lives already so I prefer to focus on helping the customers fix their drama and not getting pulled into co-worker drama. But you get a bit at that at any job - so overall, I really like it!

Advice to Senior ManagementLove the training! Wish bonuses were easier to hit sometimes.

You must work hard but it's a lot of fun

Sales (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsI learned a ton about sales and how to talk to people on the phone. It's not an easy job and I saw people quit too fast before they started to make enough sales. I loved the energy in the building and we had a lot of contests going that kept things fun.

ConsThe comp plan is designed for someone who wants to make a career of sales. Really I just left because I wanted to go back to school, not be a career sales person. But if they had a part time job, I'd have stayed. Coworkers who are not succeeding can be really negative and try to drag you down.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is pretty good. More of the big meetings where we hear what's going on. More money faster. Get rid of the negative people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company sold out a year ago but keeps the same name

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou lean a lot about over coming objections on the sales and service side of the business

ConsNo raises, management plays with the numbers to decide how much bonus money they want to hand out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive raises

Great energy, great people, terrible work and compensation.

Social Media Consultant (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsZ is a lot of fun for the first month or so because you're constantly getting recognition for your work. They tend to hire a lot of cool people and I'm grateful for all the friends I made while I was there. They also have a great training program to learn the basics for telesales.

ConsThe work you have to do is brutal and wears on you (cold calling all day long) and even when you're mildly successful, you hardly get paid anything. They are very misleading about the commission opportunities. Have to start work at 6:30 am, but realistically they want you to be there at 6:15.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a higher salary or more realistic commission structure and higher more qualified salespeople.

Sales: Luck of the draw

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture and work environment. Health, vision, and dental after 90 days. Matching 401k.
    You get to work from 6:30 - 3:30 and can beat the traffic.

ConsYour success in sales is influenced by what territories you get. Some are worse than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdmit some territories suck.

This company led me to better things!

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

Pros* I had Day to Day on the job training.
    * The company was challenging always wanting us to exceed goals.
    * I learned much about the Real Estate Industry
    * Given many free lunches.
    * Decent benefits package and commission structure.
    * Product pleasing to the eye

Cons* Wishing they had expanding into the Legal Industry or Medical Industry

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work on expansion into different industries.

Fun Place. Super hard to make cash

Social Media Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThey follow their core values, which is good. Great work environment, nice people.

ConsCold calling is HARD. You need to be able to close a cold call many times a week to be "successful" which is almost impossible unless its in your genes. So beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementMORE COMMISSION for each and every sale. I work my butt off every single day, coming home emotionally exhausted with a sale. But no commission.

Not really worth your time unless you can close cold calls

Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsSome people did well and have stayed for years.

ConsMost people do not succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not micromanage

Good job for someone fresh out of college

Internet Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGood sales training, fun work environment

ConsNot a great product, a bit out dated

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the product, adapt the model

Worked for Z57? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Z57 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Z57 CEO Ryan Whitlock. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Z57 employees.