Z57 Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Ryan Whitlock

1. One thing stood out when I started working at z57 almost a year, they say what they do and they do what they say.

I have been working at Z57

Pros

OPPORTUNITIES! Along with everything else they promised, they made good on this one as well. Very positive future here IF you are willing to apply yourself.

Cons

In any sales environment, cold calling and rejection can have a negative impact on your mindset, however, the focus of developing a reps ability to recognize and reset their thinking is a big part of the management's focus.

Don't Waste Your Time In Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57

Pros

Good training Highly social environment Bagels on friday

Cons

Low pay Hyper competitive real estate emarketing industry

Advice to Management

Just give it up. The company sucks for most who work for it.

Be wary. Cold calling all day and the core values aren't really core values.

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upbeat atmosphere, loud music, free coffee. There's also an extensive one week training, but that's about it. I guess you can include the foosball table, but other than that there's not that much positives that I can think of.

Cons

The upbeat atmosphere, loud music, and free coffee aren't meant to make YOU happy. They are meant to make you "seem" happy so it can translate on the phone. The management couldn't care less about you as an employee as they do about their quota numbers and they do this by giving fist bumps here and there. However, at the end of the day, if you aren't producing, you will be let go. The turnover rate is crazy, other than a few usual faces people will either quit or get fired. And the worst part? The management will fire people, during work hours, IN FRONT of everyone. It really defeats the purpose of having an upbeat and fun environment that they all so dearly preach about.

Advice to Management

I know the job forces you to grow a tough skin, but employees are people too. If you want better numbers, maybe do a better job at rallying your troops and actually make things fun instead of just "telling" them to have fun.

Great company

I worked at Z57 full-time

Pros

Z57 is a solid, established company with a great culture, a great training program with advancement opportunity if you are a performer. Fun environment.

Cons

There is a learning curve for entry level people. New people in sales at Z57 must learn sales, internet marketing and the real estate industry. Winners may consider this a pro, not a con.

Advice to Management

Z57 management should continue to promote from within and continue to develop the product and service as well and the training programs for all departments

6. Good opportunity for those who work hard

I have been working at Z57 full-time

Pros

I'm on the sales team and there is a lot of money to be made here. Several guys are on pace for over 100k in annual earnings this year. They also just promoted two managers from the floor - both had been here less than a year. That excites me and tells me that promotion and compensation are possible if I follow what they are doing. They also just introduced another sales channel so there are advancement opportunities too.

Cons

It's not easy - you have to work hard and really push yourself. It's not for everyone. But it's a lot of fun if you like the challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep creating the opportunities

Core Values are not really at the core

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Z57 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment, enjoyable co-workers

Cons

Training, personal growth, middle management, high employee turn over rate, high employee dissatisfaction

Advice to Management

I would suggest having someone that knows what it is like to be in a call center environment manage your team. Also when you say that the core values need to be lived I would make sure that you are not telling employees not to follow them 100% because doing so is a contradiction to what you want the work place environment to be like.

8. Profitable, fulfilling venture for the hungry, career oriented individuals; nearly impossible for the clock-puncher type

Current Employee - Senior Territory Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Territory Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA

I have been working at Z57 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible environment. Passionate, yet very personable management. Unique culture. Lucrative comp plan, on top of a healthy base and full benefits. Almost an overly comprehensive training program, with endless coaching and support. There are only three characteristics that you need to succeed, regardless of past sales experience: 1. A strong work ethic 2. Coachability 3. A hardened mindset and attitude. Everything else is given to you!

Cons

A sales position at this company can not be treated like any other job. You can't mentally check in and out when it is convenient. Those who aren't comfortable with enthusiasm, accountability, and criticism/coaching might not be a perfect fit. But if you're looking for growth, both personally and professionally, and are willing to be uncomfortable in order to better yourself, then this is the job you need.

Advice to Management

Get some more bodies on the floor! We have too much fun given the incredible opportunity we have each and every day, let's give more people that same experience and opportunity!

9. Fast-paced, fun environment where there's plenty of opportunity to develop skills and grow professionally.

I have been working at Z57 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Z57 makes working hard fun. I think it's the combination of the high tech world meeting the real estate world that makes the work ever-changing, as both of these industries are evolving and changing monthly. With the Z57 Core Values as a guide, it seems the company has been setup as an engine of opportunity. I've known hundreds of employees and former employees who gained great career skills at Z, many of whom were brand new to San Diego and got off to a solid start.

Cons

If you want a boring job with nothing new week after week (lots of people do), so you can get settled down for a sleepy career, this isn't the place. You have to like learning and dealing with change.

Advice to Management

Bring back the Z57 cruise!

10. Sales

I worked at Z57

Pros

Great people to work with on your team.

Cons

Transition of ownership so I am not too familiar with cons that would apply today.

Advice to Management

Did not work with current ownership.

Fantastic Place to Work!

I have been working at Z57

Pros

Energy, opportunity, core values, management team that cares.

Cons

You have to work hard but if you do you can learn a set of skills that will catapult you forward.

Advice to Management

Please continue with training, it will take us to the next level as a company.

RSS Feed </> Embed