Z57

Updated February 18, 2015
Updated February 18, 2015
3.5

Ryan Whitlock

Profitable, fulfilling venture for the hungry, career oriented individuals; nearly impossible for the clock-puncher type

Current Employee - Senior Territory Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Territory Consultant in Mira Mesa, CA

I have been working at Z57 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Incredible environment. Passionate, yet very personable management. Unique culture. Lucrative comp plan, on top of a healthy base and full benefits. Almost an overly comprehensive training program, with endless coaching and support. There are only three characteristics that you need to succeed, regardless of past sales experience: 1. A strong work ethic 2. Coachability 3. A hardened mindset and attitude. Everything else is given to you!

Cons

A sales position at this company can not be treated like any other job. You can't mentally check in and out when it is convenient. Those who aren't comfortable with enthusiasm, accountability, and criticism/coaching might not be a perfect fit. But if you're looking for growth, both personally and professionally, and are willing to be uncomfortable in order to better yourself, then this is the job you need.

Get some more bodies on the floor! We have too much fun given the incredible opportunity we have each and every day, let's give more people that same experience and opportunity!

Fast-paced, fun environment where there's plenty of opportunity to develop skills and grow professionally.

I have been working at Z57 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Z57 makes working hard fun. I think it's the combination of the high tech world meeting the real estate world that makes the work ever-changing, as both of these industries are evolving and changing monthly. With the Z57 Core Values as a guide, it seems the company has been setup as an engine of opportunity. I've known hundreds of employees and former employees who gained great career skills at Z, many of whom were brand new to San Diego and got off to a solid start.

Cons

If you want a boring job with nothing new week after week (lots of people do), so you can get settled down for a sleepy career, this isn't the place. You have to like learning and dealing with change.

Bring back the Z57 cruise!

Sales

I worked at Z57

Pros

Great people to work with on your team.

Cons

Transition of ownership so I am not too familiar with cons that would apply today.

Did not work with current ownership.

Fantastic Place to Work!

I have been working at Z57

Pros

Energy, opportunity, core values, management team that cares.

Cons

You have to work hard but if you do you can learn a set of skills that will catapult you forward.

Please continue with training, it will take us to the next level as a company.

Great company, good benefits, fun culture, and lots of room for growth.

Current Employee - Finance in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Z57

Pros

Cutting edge, innovative products; a fun organizational culture; a solid leadership team; and outstanding core values.

Cons

A large sales force, with a lot of employees coming in and out.

Bring back the Vegas trips.

Opportunity is there when you work for it..

I have been working at Z57 full-time

Pros

In my time there it's become more and more apparent that Z57 truly cares about it's employees and offers opportunities to the people that are willing to work for it and do the right things to get there.

Cons

You definitely have to be willing to work hard and commit yourself to the core values to take advantage of the opportunity that's there. For people willing to do that, it's well worth it.

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone that wants to be successful in life and should work in a sales job. While I know that most will not be as awesome as Z57 is I'm sure it will be rewarding. The focus on learning here still blows me away. I am a Com major at my college and many of the things we talk about in class, including the power of silence, the ability to listen, and many more are discussed in my major daily. I can still relate them back to my job. The management really does care about you. They pull into the equation if you try. That's what matters, and of course make money. The new and improved comp plan is incredible. I also love the culture of this company!

Cons

The cons here is that it is hard. I put a lot of pressure on myself to hit quotas and when that didn't happen I'd get really upset. I mean it is a sales job so you have to try to make money.

Keep being ballin.... shot callin.... all day! You guys rock and I miss everyone there desperately!

Former Employee - Social Media Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great music in the workplace. Fun events for employees to enjoy themselves. They got a food truck and a keg for the semi annual company meeting. The majority of people working there have great personalities. It's kind of like pledging a fraternity or a sorority.

Cons

Will work you like your slave. They go through employees like crazy, literally there are new faces in the office daily. Cold calling all day long, to the same leads. People are rude to you including managers.

Lead by example, and you are more likely to have people follow.

One of the worst jobs I've had

I worked at Z57

Pros

Coworkers are nice
    3 breaks throughout the day
    Thorough training

Cons

Basically working here you are just a cog in a machine. Trying to crank out as many sales as you can in a week. That would be fine, however the product that z57 provides sucks and the yelp reviews prove it. I felt terrible about the sales I did have; at the end of the day I felt like I was scamming people. If you are a nice person, or care about the well being of your customers at all, work somewhere else. Also, forget about job security people get fired left and right on a weekly basis.

Fix the product!! If it wasn't so terrible and your customer service wasn't so bad it would be a lot easier for everyone to sell.

Excellent Sales Training

I have been working at Z57 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot and add excellent skills to your resume. I have rarely seen a company put so much effort and training into their employees. They are truly invested in your success. Every sales manager will do whatever it takes to help you along the way.

Cons

This type of cold call sales takes a very specific personality to make money in their program and succeed long term. It is a hard sell. You will have a ton of support, but at the end of the day, you have to have the personality to push.

Z57 Photos