Z57

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
3.3

Ryan Whitlock

Opportunity is there when you work for it..

I have been working at Z57 full-time

Pros

In my time there it's become more and more apparent that Z57 truly cares about it's employees and offers opportunities to the people that are willing to work for it and do the right things to get there.

Cons

You definitely have to be willing to work hard and commit yourself to the core values to take advantage of the opportunity that's there. For people willing to do that, it's well worth it.

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone that wants to be successful in life and should work in a sales job. While I know that most will not be as awesome as Z57 is I'm sure it will be rewarding. The focus on learning here still blows me away. I am a Com major at my college and many of the things we talk about in class, including the power of silence, the ability to listen, and many more are discussed in my major daily. I can still relate them back to my job. The management really does care about you. They pull into the equation if you try. That's what matters, and of course make money. The new and improved comp plan is incredible. I also love the culture of this company!

Cons

The cons here is that it is hard. I put a lot of pressure on myself to hit quotas and when that didn't happen I'd get really upset. I mean it is a sales job so you have to try to make money.

Keep being ballin.... shot callin.... all day! You guys rock and I miss everyone there desperately!

Former Employee - Social Media Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great music in the workplace. Fun events for employees to enjoy themselves. They got a food truck and a keg for the semi annual company meeting. The majority of people working there have great personalities. It's kind of like pledging a fraternity or a sorority.

Cons

Will work you like your slave. They go through employees like crazy, literally there are new faces in the office daily. Cold calling all day long, to the same leads. People are rude to you including managers.

Lead by example, and you are more likely to have people follow.

One of the worst jobs I've had

I worked at Z57

Pros

Coworkers are nice
    3 breaks throughout the day
    Thorough training

Cons

Basically working here you are just a cog in a machine. Trying to crank out as many sales as you can in a week. That would be fine, however the product that z57 provides sucks and the yelp reviews prove it. I felt terrible about the sales I did have; at the end of the day I felt like I was scamming people. If you are a nice person, or care about the well being of your customers at all, work somewhere else. Also, forget about job security people get fired left and right on a weekly basis.

Fix the product!! If it wasn't so terrible and your customer service wasn't so bad it would be a lot easier for everyone to sell.

Many pros but just as many cons

Current Employee - Everyday Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Everyday Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Z57 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is absolutely great. The training is extremely well done and really helps you become not just better in sales but a better person overall. The environment is super fun and the people that work there are super nice. While people have friends there, everyone is super welcoming.

Cons

The pay is absolutely terrible. You can be the absolute best or worst in sales and expect to make 450 a week and sometimes a bonus of 250.00 for that wee. While I've seen some people get higher bonuses, it's rare. A good week is 3 sales and that's a bonus of 250.

The way to make real money here is to make sure you stick it out and move up in the company. As a common sale rep you're not going to make much which is why turnover is as high as it is.

Does it matter what my advice is? After reading reviews posted from the past several years, the same type of stuff is going on. Z57 has been in business for 15 years and apparently super slow to change.

If I was the CEO though, I'd offer much higher incentives for successful people to stay. I love the cutthroat culture but that needs to be balanced with proper rewards for those who do succeed.

Excellent Sales Training

I have been working at Z57 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will learn a lot and add excellent skills to your resume. I have rarely seen a company put so much effort and training into their employees. They are truly invested in your success. Every sales manager will do whatever it takes to help you along the way.

Cons

This type of cold call sales takes a very specific personality to make money in their program and succeed long term. It is a hard sell. You will have a ton of support, but at the end of the day, you have to have the personality to push.

Best job experience you'll ever have.

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is amazing. Your co-workers are amazing. Your managers are amazing. The people above the managers are amazing. This is an absolute amazing place to work. You probably won't have a bettet job experience than this. If you're good at sales, this can be the best job of your life.

Cons

Cold calling is hard. Anyone who applies should know that, though. If you're weak minded, you won't survive. Managers always do their best to help people who are struggling, as long as you put in the effort. It's sales, suck it up.

Keep doing exactly what you're doing.

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Z57 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team-building events, co-workers helping each other out

Cons

Giving the clients the run-around at times, and there would be days where the calls would come in from nothing but irate clients.

Be more careful on who you are favoring.

Modern day slavery

I worked at Z57

Pros

Industry is hot. The need to assist. Agents is in demand.

Cons

Training way to fast
     .Bonuses are not attainable. They never refund customers money and they continue to bill clients until credit cards are canceled

Revamp. Get some real talent not upper management good old boys club. It's like who you know there. If you are brew you are the fall guy.

Perfect learning experience and great culture

Current Employee - Territory Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Z57 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are honestly the best part about working here. If you are looking for a positive work culture, Z57 is it. The longer you stay the course and not give up, the better it gets too. This is a job where you grow as a person.

Cons

The pay is not the best if you're not producing. The management staff is currently filled so you can't move position wise. You cold call a lot, and if you don't like it, 100-300 dials a day can bring you down.

More opportunities for advancement beyond a sales rep.

Z57 Photos