ZAGG

Updated November 11, 2014
Updated November 11, 2014
3.3

Randall Hales

Pros
  • Overall, the atmosphere was nice and people were fun to work with (in 5 reviews)

• Great people to work with especially management (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life Balance needs to be improved for some (in 4 reviews)

• Our Executive Team only has one member who is the same as well as a completely new board of directors (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Repair Technician in Cedar City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Repair Technician in Cedar City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at a ZAGG inline store in Cedar City, UT was a great work experience. I got to work in a great work environment and assist in opening up a new location to Cedar City.

Cons

Although it was a great work environment, I could have used a lot more hours. I understand the reasoning for it though with just barely opening up a new location.

Love it!

I have been working at ZAGG full-time

Pros

Great culture, work hard, play hard

Cons

Tight timelines--a necessary evil of the industry

Quality needs to be prioritized over deadlines.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are amazing. Benefits and culture are adequate. Values have potential.

Cons

Benefits aren't as good as many tech companies in the area. The only value that gets focus is Sense of Urgency.

Listen to the employees when they raise concerns. Stop repeating the same mistakes. You're working people so hard, it might be literally killing them (stress, high blood pressure, lack of sleep, etc.).

Management was difficult.

Former Employee - Sales in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Northridge, CA

I worked at ZAGG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice environment and you get to meet people. There are a lot of new phones everyday and if you like to learn about them then this is the right place for you. They also have flexible hours.

Cons

Management needs to get their act together. The pay was horrible and training was long and they just made it like they didn't want to hire you and waste your time with no pay for training. There is also no room for growth.

Incredibly organized and goal driven.

Current Employee - Brand Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I spent the summer interning with Zagg as part of their Brand Management Team. For me, the internship turned out to be one of the most unique and beneficial work experiences to date. Zagg is extraordinarily organized and goal driven. During the internship, we received visits from various Zagg leaders and executives. At one point, CEO Randy Hales flew out to visit us in one of our work areas. I have never met a CEO as enthusiastic and receptive as him. For several hours, he focused his attention towards us, asking about our personal work goals and even seeking company and product feedback. Zagg places great confidence in their employees and empowers them to make important decisions. They expect a lot from their employees and place a lot of emphasis on personal growth and development.

Cons

From what I can tell, there's not a whole lot of upward mobility.

A growing company with great products and a lot of potential.

Current Employee - PR Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - PR Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

ZAGG produces exciting, desirable accessories for handheld electronics. The company culture is high-energy and fast-paced, and there is a great deal of teamwork and cooperation between departments. The upper management has done an excellent job of clearly delineating ZAGG's values and goals while still providing for as much autonomy as possible for most responsibilities. The leadership is generally approachable and friendly, as befitting a company that is still transitioning from a startup phase. The benefits are great, especially for a company of this size.

Cons

There has been a great deal of turnover in most of the departments, which leads to an undercurrent of uncertainty for one's status as an employee. As a publicly-traded company, ZAGG has to keep most of their future plans very quiet from even rank-and-file employees -- there is not much that can be done about that, but it is a con, and there is sometimes a sense of having to beg and wrangle information out of people in order to complete some tasks. The regular non-bonus compensation is not terrible, but does leave something to be desired.

I would love to see the management consider cost-of-living increases.

Overall ZAGG is a great place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, awesome products. ZAGG is always looking to add to the product line up making it a great place for sales people that are willing to work hard and learn new product lines.

Cons

There has been a tendency to hold on to employees that do not perform at a high level which has created some discontent with those that do work hard and put in the extra effort.

Move poor performers out more quickly. Hire better qualified people instead of more people at a lower pay structure.

It's Great.

I have been working at ZAGG

Pros

It is a very easy job. I like how every one is super duper friendly and kind. It is so much fun working here.

Cons

It gets hot. The mall sucks. Sometimes mall customers are not cool and don't cooperate and complain a lot. Its hot. I don't like malls, they are hot.

This position was enjoyable and very beneficial to my career and personal development.

Current Employee - Brand Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This company is a major player in the mobile accessories industry. They are invested in your personal development, as well as your professional development. They are interested in seeing the results you can provide with the company and are willing to give you autonomy to make things happen once they learn they can trust you.

Cons

There are not any major cons that I have encountered while working for ZAGG. They have been an excellent company to work for.

I would recommend continuing to provide unique and enriching experiences to your interns. All of us that interned were provided with such a unique experience.

Working at ZAGG has been the highlight of my career

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My experience at ZAGG has been the highlight of my career so far. I have had excellent mentors from an amazing leadership and executive team. It is a highly collaborative environment with very little ego's. The executive team and management is extremely open to talk about issues and to feedback. It has incredible culture as well. Service days and opportunities, great company meetings and parties, fun department interaction, and a great attitude by most to do what it takes to get things done. Every company has its strengths and weaknesses and ZAGG knows what its weaknesses are and really tries hard to find ways to improve them.

Cons

I can't think of a lot of cons. We work in a fast paced environment and things can change quickly. It is part of what makes it exciting and fun. Certainly there are natural growing pains here and there as the company grows from an entrepreneurial company to a mature/process driven company.

ZAGG Photos