ZAGG

Updated February 23, 2015
Updated February 23, 2015
3.4

Randall Hales

Pros
  • Overall, the atmosphere was nice and people were fun to work with (in 5 reviews)

• Great people to work with especially management (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life Balance needs to be improved for some (in 4 reviews)

• Our Executive Team only has one member who is the same as well as a completely new board of directors (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Best job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ontario, CA

I have been working at ZAGG part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You are given the freedom to interact with customers the way you see fit.
    Although you have a boss most of the time it is just you there.
    Great with school schedules.

Cons

There are only three people working at a cart so if an emergency appears it is hard to get it covered.

Make sure everything is always stocked up and keep a good track of inventory so that you lose very little sales

Good Company

I have been working at ZAGG

Pros

ZAGG is an exciting place to work for. It is nice to see people working together to reach the same goal.

Cons

It is very difficult to feel good about taking time off. I feel like I can never really be "disconnected" from work.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Layton, UT
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Layton, UT

I worked at ZAGG part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can sell a lot and you get a decent amount of commission, it will be an average paycheck.

Cons

If you don't make commission or sales have slowed down for the season it can be pretty boring.

turn the small kiosks into more manageable work areas with larger work space.

Great work experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Repair Technician in Cedar City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Repair Technician in Cedar City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at a ZAGG inline store in Cedar City, UT was a great work experience. I got to work in a great work environment and assist in opening up a new location to Cedar City.

Cons

Although it was a great work environment, I could have used a lot more hours. I understand the reasoning for it though with just barely opening up a new location.

Love it!

I have been working at ZAGG full-time

Pros

Great culture, work hard, play hard

Cons

Tight timelines--a necessary evil of the industry

Quality needs to be prioritized over deadlines.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are amazing. Benefits and culture are adequate. Values have potential.

Cons

Benefits aren't as good as many tech companies in the area. The only value that gets focus is Sense of Urgency.

Listen to the employees when they raise concerns. Stop repeating the same mistakes. You're working people so hard, it might be literally killing them (stress, high blood pressure, lack of sleep, etc.).

Management was difficult.

Former Employee - Sales in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Northridge, CA

I worked at ZAGG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment and you get to meet people. There are a lot of new phones everyday and if you like to learn about them then this is the right place for you. They also have flexible hours.

Cons

Management needs to get their act together. The pay was horrible and training was long and they just made it like they didn't want to hire you and waste your time with no pay for training. There is also no room for growth.

Incredibly organized and goal driven.

Current Employee - Brand Management in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Brand Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I spent the summer interning with Zagg as part of their Brand Management Team. For me, the internship turned out to be one of the most unique and beneficial work experiences to date. Zagg is extraordinarily organized and goal driven. During the internship, we received visits from various Zagg leaders and executives. At one point, CEO Randy Hales flew out to visit us in one of our work areas. I have never met a CEO as enthusiastic and receptive as him. For several hours, he focused his attention towards us, asking about our personal work goals and even seeking company and product feedback. Zagg places great confidence in their employees and empowers them to make important decisions. They expect a lot from their employees and place a lot of emphasis on personal growth and development.

Cons

From what I can tell, there's not a whole lot of upward mobility.

A growing company with great products and a lot of potential.

Current Employee - PR Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - PR Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

ZAGG produces exciting, desirable accessories for handheld electronics. The company culture is high-energy and fast-paced, and there is a great deal of teamwork and cooperation between departments. The upper management has done an excellent job of clearly delineating ZAGG's values and goals while still providing for as much autonomy as possible for most responsibilities. The leadership is generally approachable and friendly, as befitting a company that is still transitioning from a startup phase. The benefits are great, especially for a company of this size.

Cons

There has been a great deal of turnover in most of the departments, which leads to an undercurrent of uncertainty for one's status as an employee. As a publicly-traded company, ZAGG has to keep most of their future plans very quiet from even rank-and-file employees -- there is not much that can be done about that, but it is a con, and there is sometimes a sense of having to beg and wrangle information out of people in order to complete some tasks. The regular non-bonus compensation is not terrible, but does leave something to be desired.

I would love to see the management consider cost-of-living increases.

Overall ZAGG is a great place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ZAGG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, awesome products. ZAGG is always looking to add to the product line up making it a great place for sales people that are willing to work hard and learn new product lines.

Cons

There has been a tendency to hold on to employees that do not perform at a high level which has created some discontent with those that do work hard and put in the extra effort.

Move poor performers out more quickly. Hire better qualified people instead of more people at a lower pay structure.

ZAGG Photos