ZE PowerGroup

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.6

Dr. El-Ramly

Has been good experience overall

I worked at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

Very chilled out
    Work at your own pace

Cons

Not enough room for growth for employees

A better management would be better

Head up CEO Hole

I worked at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

ZE does only one thing and one thing only: give new graduates and immigrants a chance.

Cons

If you are reading this and hired, probably very happy. Difficult to get a job in labor market. What you do not understanding is that last year, ZE hired 50 people just like you. Why? Because wage is cheap.

Offices ZE is filled with hundreds of qualified, trained, very intelligent people, who has come here because they need work. After one year, 35% of these employees go. Why?

ZE grow too fast, with no proper structure in place. Ignorant clowns who have shown loyalty to El-Ramly oligarchs promoted to manager positions, more academical experts and professionals than the El-Ramly family was hired as worker bees.

If you are a worker bee, prepare for the worst experience of life. Your manager is incompetent and with absolute authority. Your colleague be severely depressed. CEO come in the office kitchen on mealtime to deliver the gold nugget crap like, "If you think you do your best, do 10% more". Worker bee salary is very low. Customers who you deal to on a daily basis be furious. The tasks you to do at the edge of legal sometime.

On fun coin side, your work environment begin to feel like poor joke: CEO take your bathroom because he want own private crap bath. He say product you sell is his own original, but who originally developed it was not paid enough college students and CEO not really know how to use ZEMA.

ZE is standing for Zak El Ramly. The company name his initials. If you work here, have your head so far up his hole that you forgets sun. But: it would be the worst job I ever had. Only gets better once you get going.

Fire El-Ramlyies

ZE PowerGroup, AKA A Collective Death of Soullllll

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get a pay check
    Great co-workers, though many of them will be as depressed as you will be.
    Cheap snacks

Cons

The evil of ZE can't be simply encapsulated; it falls on a continuum, ranging from evil of great scope to evil of minor scope. There are minor annoyances, lets say things that are "yellow" on the evil scale-like there's scarce parking. As we move darker along the continuum, they post fake positive reviews on GlassDoor and berate and/or humiliate any current employees who they catch posting negative things. In fact, if they could, I truly believe they would go out of their way to ruin my life for what I am saying- and I am not exaggerating. They don't pay you for overtime but say it is "expected as part of your salary" - which is presumptuous AND illegal. Then there darker things, like how they employ 90% new immigrants because they are desperate for work experience or visas and will be held captive by necessity.
    Strictly from a career point of view- your skills will not be valued here. Check your ideas and experience at the door. Every El-Ramly is a captain on this ship of fools; it doesn't matter how good you are at your job. You are not a contributor or a mind or part of a dream here- you are just a peon putting bricks in the El-Ramly's wall.
    Sadly, all of us who have worked at ZE come to the same place- we either miserably continue in our lives there, trudging toward suicide or premature death from meaninglessness, or we somehow escape, only to retrospectively realize that everything wrong in our lives during that dark, dark time in our lives could be traced back to the fact that our souls were slowly being sucked out by the ruthless mosquito that is ZE.
    Run.
    Run for your life.
    Everything they say is true. Everything and worse.

Read what's on here and instead of getting mad or defensive or posting fake responses, be a better employer. You know. The exact thing everyone is always saying- you never listen to your employees. You're smug and arrogant. Treat your employees like human beings.

Glad its over

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy entry, when no one hires

Cons

Management team is like security guards, Don't know what really goes around under surface but pretend to know everything. They frustrate juniors, unload their crap. Some of the morons I heard are still there, even promoted and smart ones already left, why not when market pay half more. company surviving with luck, easy to get wiped by new competition.

fire yourself

Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Due to the size of company, your ability could be recognized by upper management if you have a strong work ethics. Good place to start your career and build your experience.

Cons

Management seemed to be disorganized and had high turnover rate.

Make your own judgement whether you'd like to be here...

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time

Pros

Look - the reviews on here are opposite sides of the spectrum. In reality, just like any other company, there are positives and negatives. You get to work with some of the biggest corporations in the world, which gives unlimited networking opportunities. Most, do not take advantage of that. Also, typically there is full autonomy over your own work, which gives opportunity to show yourself to management & client base. Bonuses are good if you deserve them. Loyalty is highly praised - I am speaking of multi-year tenure of good service.

Cons

Certain flaws here too. Pay - well not great to say the least, comparable companies would likely offer more, but do you have an offer from there? In current market, ZE is simply responding to the demand/supply mechanics, so really can't blame them too much for it. "Being managed" also hardly exists here - you've got to determine your own work and become good at it. This is not a workplace where your manager will invest a lot of time in you. The general environment often appears to discourage questions and personal development, however ones that are good at initiating and persuading can get to where they would like, while quieter individuals often get overlooked.

Compensation must increase if you are to keep high-skilled employees. Invest more time into thorough discussions with your employees and their needs. It's a great product, but can not be sustained without great employees. Senior management does a good job - make sure some of the other managers are doing the same.

Good Company, if you understand the system

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

nice people, laid back environment and not too much work load. Good as a first job. You learn lots of technical skills and they offer the chance to finance the course which is great,,,but you have to find it yourself. In ZE you have to find your way through

Cons

No Transparency, you have to fight for your rights. Low salary and raise. High turnover creates uncertainty.

Implement strategies to keep employees motivated. Don't just appreciate middle management and ignore your staff. Increase loyalty so that employees stay and stop bad mouthing you

Hurry up and wait...

I worked at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

Salary is paid on time. Compensation is fair at first... see below. It's good to be able to learn many different sides to the job. The culture is great, people get along well. It a good first job.

Cons

It seems to be nearly impossible to get a raise and a fairly weak benefits package/time off for the salary. There is very little professional support and many projects are left for employees to figure out on their own. Often emloyees don't hear about the project advancement until the deadline is unrealistically close.

Get a structure in place.

The best place I worked for

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

List is huge, pay and benefits is the best in Industry ( I tried and best I got was 30K less than here) and those leaving negative feedback are morons.

Cons

Not much to list if you are smart.

keep doing same

Avoid it

Former Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None I can think of except easy to get in.

Cons

Start investing in employees.

Start investing in employees, create employee development plans.