ZEE Medical

www.zeemedical.com

ZEE Medical Reviews

Updated May 14, 2014
ZEE Medical – Irvine – “Corporate Headquarters”

ZEE Medical – Irvine – “Corporate Headquarters”

Larry Burke

Excellent company to work for!

Strategic Safety Partner/Sales Representative (Former Employee) Pueblo, CO

ProsStrong company with good integrity

ConsNo advancement potential - local management became very unprofessional!

Advice to Senior ManagementDont hire idiots in local management!

Great people

Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) White River Junction, VT

ProsCompany Vehicle. In most cases protected territories. Good benefits.

Management personnel seem to be people that deserve to be where they are in the company.

Easy dealing with anyone in any of the departments.

This company does listen to idea's but just a little slow implementing them.

Saturday& Sundays off! (Kinda miss that)

I loved this company. I would still be working there but when the economy dropped I couldn't make enough money to pay the bills.

ConsThe territory your given will be the big deciding factor of income. If you just don't have a good territory you may pick up mostly small size accounts and spend a lot of time driving around trying to replenish, just to make a living instead of prospecting new accounts.

Commission only but with residual.

i loved this company but when the economy dropped I couldn't pay my bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a temporary salary for troubled territories so salesmen have time to grow the territory. in a smart way.

In some cases it would make more sense to reconfigure surrounding territories and I would suggest a company this size would do best creating a team or teams that build routes as well as reconfigure some territories. This would be a win, win for the territory sales guy as well as larger profits for the company.

(Below it ask job city. I actually worked a large territory area. Parts of Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts.) I didn't want to put only one town as it was many small towns.

Good company with excellent training for sales employees

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood job for working independently. Not micromanaged to death. Great products and extensive product lines. Room for growth in most territories if you are willing to work for it.

ConsChange in pay plan costing reps money. More and more responsibilities are being put on reps. Bill collection, notifying customers of changes in way we bill, etc. Pricing is a little too high,\.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet sales people sale and admin handle the paperwork.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work.

Territory Sales S E VT, S W NH, W MA (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place for young college kid to get lots of sales experience.
    All transportation is paid by the company.
    Good benefits.

ConsSome routes are not so good and never will be.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would have stayed with Zee if it was a better route. I worked very hard building the route and when the downturn in the economy hit I had to leave so I could pay bills.

There were two routes around mine that had new guys starting pretty much at the same time as me. Those other routes were twice as profitable as mine. I put a bigger effort in than the other salesmen but the territory I was in just didn't have much for large industries. I was going around picking up very small accounts. Then the residual was small.
    The only suggestion I have is when territories that are not doing so well open up all connecting routes should be looked at carefully. Either fire the salesman or change the routes that abut.

I believe it would be profitable for the company to have one guy looking over routes. Each route is like a finger print.

Great company with a great mission.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSave Lives with occupational safety products and training. ZEE sells so much - first aid cabinets, Automated External defibrillators, Personal Protective Equipment, as well as training in Safety and/or first aid.

ConsThis job involves commission based selling, so it is definitely not a job for introverts. This job requires an individual who can establish strong customer relationships; and provide consultative assistance in helping clients meet their goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementZEE needs to stay sharp, and always strive to be on the crest of the wave in occupational safety.

Hang in as long as you can..

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat place to gain outside sales experience, b2b/medical/pharma/med equipment sales industry experience, account and territory management, great stepping stone for a bigger opportunity. Management is understanding and works with you to gain tools. You have outside freedom in which you’re not micromanaged but dont take too much advantage of it. Some of the girl reps I work with talk about hitting malls/shopping on down time. Decent training and sales meetings. McKesson products are great and great to back the name but growth opportunity is bleak so hang in there for the experience til you can then get in with the next bigger device/pharma opportunity...

ConsLong hours, long days.
    Traffic
    Very little opportunity for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease sales reps salaries and retire already so there can actually be company growth...

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place to start, bad place to stay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood for starting career. They are flexible (depending on what department) with time. Will schedule around family if needed.

ConsBe prepared to be either part of the in-crowd or out. Very high school. Mgmt wants and will only promote those who either cover their mistakes or total yes man. Dislikes those who question the authority. Employees are judged by co-workers and if they are liked rather for promotions rather than experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management remove current management. Remove the nepotism that is practiced at this location.

Double Standards and Favortism!

Account Manager (Former Employee) City of Industry, CA

ProsFirst 3 months your on gaurantee ($1500 bi-weekly) afterwhich if you receive a lucrative route you'll do fine. But don't except it just becoz! Ask to see the actual figures...don't fall for the okie-doke!

ConsRoute average are misleading. They don't take into account the lost customers etc... They tell you that you'll have a protected territory however that's a crock! You'll often see other sales reps within your territory as close as next door as well cold calling. Management play dirty games based on favortism and will stab you in the back in order to save their butts. They want you to work 10 hours a day without paying OT and constantly text and call you daily. Right hand never know's what the left is doing bottom line. The average route runs about 8-12K so don't expect to make much on 100% commission cos most of their customers leave do to overpricing and poor service from their reps taking advantage tryna make ends meet.

Zee has a great product , great customer base, management needs help....

Sales (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsCustomers and products.....I was proud to sale their products!!! Zee has a great beneficent package, insurance, 401 K plan. With the right boss it would be a fantastic place to work.

ConsZee has issues with their management.
    Management will not allow you to take your PTO time off, and if you don't take it you loose it.
    Management has power control issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to be able to take their vacation, and time off. promote within the company. Better communication between employees and management.

ok place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsTravel opportunities and minimal micro-management

ConsTurnover, turnover, turnover; lower salaries

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for ZEE Medical? Contribute to the Community!