ZT Systems

Add Photos

Frank Zhang

Good career starter

Engineer (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsGood atmosphere, the people are friendly and environment is good. Everyone is willing to help and always there to throw a few jokes around to brighten up the room. Work load is either crazy busy or super relaxed, not much in between.

ConsUnderpaid, never know what's going on in the company, only told what needs to be done, too secretive of company information.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay to actually keep your great employees. Have better communication with your team. Hold events that helps get employees of different groups together.

Rising Star - Good Company

ProsCompany is growing, good to be able to contribute to the growth. Great benefits, see improvements being made to the work environment. Lots of potentials and opportunities. Coworkers are nice and good to work with.

ConsCan't really complain since improvement efforts are being made, although management should communicate better with their team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to talk to your team and share the company culture and directions, believe it or not, we do care and want to know how the company is doing.

Growing Company, Dysfunctional Infrastructure

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsCompany experiencing amazing growth, friendly employees, plenty of work to pass the time.

ConsClueless staff, management comes from outside (few/no promotions from within), favoritism, company is extremely secretive/untrusting of employee, pay is low, too much work most day, most of time seems no one knows what's going on/who to contact about issues, office culture very stale and outdated

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more competent people. "name the baby" - what??? Open lines of communication between teams, acknowledge hard-working employees, listen to worker concern and suggestion, avoid micromanage

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No work life balance and no career development

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsBecause it has such a unique culture, employees there are nice.(most of people just want to have a pay check(have a family already) and they don't want anything else beside of a pay check there). So no drama place because people are like working zombie.

ConsYou are doing very basic work everyday,the management won't let you develop your career. You are not allowed to leave early even the holiday weekend(plus you finished your work already)...

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will be paid what you get...don't keep hiring people outside,think about how to develop your own employees...it is not like other companies will have better employees...the outsider come here won't agree your management/company style...couple years later you will see the revolution here...

This company has potential

ProsThe company seems to have a growing business. It's a private company so there is not a lot of published information. From looking at the activity in manufacturing and the warehouse, it seems like business is good. People at this company work hard and mind their own business. Hard work is rewarded generously while laziness is frowned upon.

ConsIf you want a work place to socialize at then this place is not for you. Sometimes expectations are not made clear so it is hard to tell how well you are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with communication.

The company practices strict hierarchical philosophy. Very poor company culture.

Engineering (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsIt looks like, the business is growing fast. Can't confirm as the company is very strict of not sharing any info about the company with general employee. The management team is considered very elite and only they know the company's health. Career are opportunities are good for Asian people.

ConsThe culture is Chinese culture. Management team are the elite people and usually considers them to be superior as well. HR is somewhat dysfunctional. I have seen them providing wrong information to hire people. Make sure you understand everything in details before accepting any offer. Do not just assume that the company is like any other company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement team should provide better treatment to employee. The trust between management and employee is completely absent. Management need to trust employees.

Boring

Engineering (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsLocation, Parking, Free Water and coffee. 6 holidays

ConsRacist environment, The company is ran with an inner circle that is all Chinese's and no one will get current information or logistics regarding the company. If you go to HR with a complain - you will get fired.
    Don't smoke, complaint about the Chinese's food smell in the café or even talk about sports in front of
    management.
    Simply not a fun environment ! period

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt to American Culture if you are claiming your servers are built in America.

overall productive

Engineer (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsThe company is growing fast, lots of good people, pays pretty well.

Consmanagement is more like high school. Male ego is through the roof, as many people wants to criticize the Chinese is in charged, and you can't do well unless you are Chinese...trust me, the minorities(white) sure are playing their race card hard and loud.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only circle the company should have is ZT as a whole.

Great working environment for focused workers

ProsPeople, President, Passion - all three of these things make this company the best company I have worked for in my career.

ConsFlat organization - if you are expecting functional teams with a ton of resources, this isn't the place for you. This is a culture for those who are ambitious and want to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have more than one company sponsored gathering.

Nice to work

Engineering (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsYou can grow alot !!

ConsSalary is average and it can be improved.

Worked for ZT Systems? Contribute to the Community!