Zacks Investment Management

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

BEN ZACKS

Wealth Management Associate

Wealth Management Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than a year

ProsJob Security, Not much competition, Easy

ConsRare opportunities to move up in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with you initiatives.

Horrible, no room to grow

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGet exposure that you wouldn't get at a larger company. Good work/life balance.

ConsEverything, no grow, horrible managers, you just feel the negativity while walking through the office. Lots of office gossip, the managers are normally the ones who spread and feed the lies. Think of the worst company you could work for and then double that and you have Zacks.

Promise High - Deliver Low

Regional Vice President (RVP) (Former Employee)

I worked at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsZacks provided "warm leads" to RVP's in their assigned geography. Other RVP's were generally sharp professionals who were competant. You were able to build up a sizeable stream of recurring revenue if you stayed at Zacks. Most RVP's who have stayed are doing quite well...

ConsBad management and very poor communication between RVP's in their home geographies and the team back in Chicago.
We were charging clients almost 2% for management - however, that could not buy the response of Ben Zacks responding to legitimate questions as to why we were violating our stated investment discipline. "Wealth Management" consisted of an Investor Profile Questionaire - which one of the portfolio managers reviewed before making an allocation of a mixture of Zacks strategies. No estate planning, no tax planning, no insurance recommendations. The strategies had extremly high turnover which meant very complex taxes for clients and almost all short term capital gain treament for taxes. They also retroactively changed these allocations (against their "philosophy") in the midst of 2008 problems to be more conservative - which of course KILLED returns for clients when markets recovered in 2009.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and don't promise what you can't or don't intend to deliver on.

Good compensation, great place to overcome objections or start your sales career

Wealth Management Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat support from your superiors, management seems quite involved in the affairs of others.
Pretty good compensation opportunities even if you're a new graduate
Base salary for all positions is really nice. Some sales oriented positions in other companies work on commission only.

ConsEmployer doesn't match retirement account contributions, decent benefits otherwise.
The organization is on the flatter end of the spectrum meaning advancement opportunities are scarcer than larger corporations but advancement opportunities could be more rewarding I see this as a con, some people might see it as a pro.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk about increasing benefits to attract more talent; organizations are moving towards more benefits oriented approaches to hiring talent.

Nearly impossible to sell this investment company's products when underperforming S&P

Adviisor/Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than a year

ProsThe Limited Partnership 2:1 Market Neutral was a great investment, wish I could have just worked on that product

ConsManagement was boiler room-esqe. Fees were off the wall and the SMAs were way way way underperforming the S&P... The leads provided were very weak and passed out in strage and suspicious ways

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys dont have the managing director I worked for anymore so - step in the right direction!
Now beat the market.

Wealth Associate=Telemarketer

Wealth Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than a year

ProsIf your good, and by good I mean exceptional at communication skills, you can make decent money for a first time job.

ConsMisleading information about career growth
Management abuses/hazes associates
Compensation will be cut without notice. Commission is not paid out and response from management is "We will get you next month"

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace lower managment immediatley, possible lawsuits do to harassment issues.

Salary is 100% commission. Commission rate is approximately 50% of the industry average

Senior Investment Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management

ProsA great place to get experience and build a book of business

ConsNo communication or opportunity fo advancement

Advice to Senior Managementrealize human capital has value.

Worked for Zacks Investment Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zacks Investment Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zacks Investment Management CEO BEN ZACKS. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Zacks Investment Management employees.