Zacks Investment Management

1 Rating

Wealth Management Associate

Current Employee - Wealth Management Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Wealth Management Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job Security, Not much competition, Easy

Cons

Rare opportunities to move up in the company

Be more transparent with you initiatives.

Good starter Sales job

Current Employee - Wealth Management Associate
    Current Employee - Wealth Management Associate

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

working with warm leads, b-grade insurance runs $100/month

Cons

Poor management, lots of employment churn in wealth mgmt division, unprofessional

Get professional mgmt

Horrible, no room to grow

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get exposure that you wouldn't get at a larger company. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Everything, no grow, horrible managers, you just feel the negativity while walking through the office. Lots of office gossip, the managers are normally the ones who spread and feed the lies. Think of the worst company you could work for and then double that and you have Zacks.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promise High - Deliver Low

Former Employee - Regional Vice President (RVP)  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President (RVP) in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zacks provided "warm leads" to RVP's in their assigned geography. Other RVP's were generally sharp professionals who were competant. You were able to build up a sizeable stream of recurring revenue if you stayed at Zacks. Most RVP's who have stayed are doing quite well...

Cons

Bad management and very poor communication between RVP's in their home geographies and the team back in Chicago.
    We were charging clients almost 2% for management - however, that could not buy the response of Ben Zacks responding to legitimate questions as to why we were violating our stated investment discipline. "Wealth Management" consisted of an Investor Profile Questionaire - which one of the portfolio managers reviewed before making an allocation of a mixture of Zacks strategies. No estate planning, no tax planning, no insurance recommendations. The strategies had extremly high turnover which meant very complex taxes for clients and almost all short term capital gain treament for taxes. They also retroactively changed these allocations (against their "philosophy") in the midst of 2008 problems to be more conservative - which of course KILLED returns for clients when markets recovered in 2009.

Listen and don't promise what you can't or don't intend to deliver on.

Good compensation, great place to overcome objections or start your sales career

Current Employee - Wealth Management Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Wealth Management Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great support from your superiors, management seems quite involved in the affairs of others.
    Pretty good compensation opportunities even if you're a new graduate
    Base salary for all positions is really nice. Some sales oriented positions in other companies work on commission only.

Cons

Employer doesn't match retirement account contributions, decent benefits otherwise.
    The organization is on the flatter end of the spectrum meaning advancement opportunities are scarcer than larger corporations but advancement opportunities could be more rewarding I see this as a con, some people might see it as a pro.

Talk about increasing benefits to attract more talent; organizations are moving towards more benefits oriented approaches to hiring talent.

Nearly impossible to sell this investment company's products when underperforming S&P

Former Employee - Adviisor/Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Adviisor/Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Limited Partnership 2:1 Market Neutral was a great investment, wish I could have just worked on that product

Cons

Management was boiler room-esqe. Fees were off the wall and the SMAs were way way way underperforming the S&P... The leads provided were very weak and passed out in strage and suspicious ways

You guys dont have the managing director I worked for anymore so - step in the right direction!
    Now beat the market.

Wealth Associate=Telemarketer

Former Employee - Wealth Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Wealth Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zacks Investment Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

If your good, and by good I mean exceptional at communication skills, you can make decent money for a first time job.

Cons

Misleading information about career growth
    Management abuses/hazes associates
    Compensation will be cut without notice. Commission is not paid out and response from management is "We will get you next month"

Replace lower managment immediatley, possible lawsuits do to harassment issues.

Salary is 100% commission. Commission rate is approximately 50% of the industry average

Current Employee - Senior Investment Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Investment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zacks Investment Management

Pros

A great place to get experience and build a book of business

Cons

No communication or opportunity fo advancement

realize human capital has value.

Worked for Zacks Investment Management? Contribute to the Community!