Zacks Investment Research

Be The First To
Add Photos

Leonard Zacks

Good company for Finance Freshers

Research Associate (Former Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsWork/Life Balance is really good.
     Good for married woman not for career enthusiastic.

ConsCareer Opportunities Limited.
     Compensation & Benefits- No as such.
     Culture & Values- okay type

Good for a short assignment, but not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat location, reasonable work life balance, monthly bonus based on company performance, few meetings and no bureaucracy

ConsTerrible benefits: no 401k match, expensive insurance, little time off or flexibility; constant technology issues; abrasive and demeaning culture

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more vacation time or allow people to negotiate for more; encourage teamwork

little growth opportunity for new employees

Sales (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLearn a lot of things on financial markets, established financial products. Good for the entry level job seeker to start a career.

ConsFew growth opportunity for new employees. Bad management system. Benefit package sucks. You need to pay a lot for your own insurance every month.

Advice to Senior ManagementMust have better promotion rules.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I sold institutional level software research to the small and mid-sized advisor market.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to present & create a awareness of a new offering.

ConsMore commitment to improve product, marketing efforts, and perception.

Lacking leadership

Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNot Many. There was nothing I can say I enjoyed other than my co-workers.

ConsTerrible company culture, pay subpar. Bad management and even worse owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave!

Great experience to work with Zacks Investment Research, Kolkata, India.

Equity Research Analyst (Former Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsVery much flexible working hours and a friendly atmosphere at the office. incidents such as bossism or employee harassment is just nil.

ConsSalary increment is a major problem. The hike if ever comes, comes very late. Promotions also do not happen fast.

Great for learning, poor for working

Research Sales (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you want to learn about investment research, Zacks will inundate you with data & information. They have access to a mountain of fundamental data, wall street research, models, and tools and software to keep you extremely busy...but it's also all over the place and hard to put it all together.

They highly encourage innovation and every level of management encourages fresh thoughts. If you have a good ideas, they WILL LISTEN and probably act on it.

ConsWoefully underpaid and terrible benefits. no 401k matching of any kind, if you have a family, the medical plan is out of control expensive. People are easily and frequently fired and leave for a better paying job. Top management really doesn't care about it's people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop outsourcing every job to India; you have lost and will lose extremely talented and devoted employees because we all feel the hammer coming sooner or later.

Stepping Stone for Better Opportunities

Web Developer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere are some good people brought in to keep a ship with a lot of holes in it afloat. Very hard working vibes, but the "feeling" can only carry you so long where most people don't last longer than 2 years and move on to bigger and better things.

ConsMany under qualified people leading teams, especially the IT department, where they have no game plan and work is more about fixing fires than growing the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not continue to keep the "play with the hand your dealt with" attitude and hire some quality leadership and staff. Replace the heads of the IT department.

good, great learning experience

Data Research Analyst (Former Employee) Calcutta (India)

Proslearning with experience is good

Consi had no such experience

Advice to Senior Managementgrt job

No room for advancement, poor management, employees are treated as faceless numbers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you want to work at a place where below average effort and quality of work is tolerated this is the place.

ConsLow pay.
    No room for advancement.
    Dysfunctional work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop following the same self destructive decision patterns.

Worked for Zacks Investment Research? Contribute to the Community!