Zales Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Worst job ever in my 20 yr career.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Pay., The training is fine. Some of the co-workers are great people.

Cons

Upper Management is unprofessional, they have no emotional intelligence. always having goals increase with no justification or not consistent with market/trends

Advice to Management

provide continually trained , professional and emotionally established people.

2. Great company for those who are willing to work for success

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect career for sales oriented people who are self driven and willing to put in the effort. The better you do, the more money you make. I worked for five years to rise to the very top of the sales ladder and I must say, the view is great from here. Great salary, great commission, benefits, feel like a valued employee, ect. Yes, you start at 1 percent commission, but that is just where you start. The more you sell, the higher the commission, up to 5.5 percent. Base salary is also much higher than most competitors.

Cons

Job can be challenging, you have sales goal, credit, warranty, special events, ect. A lot to juggle but well worth the effort. Zales really does value its employees. If you do your job and make your goals, you will be very happy at Zales. If you are just looking to cash a check with little effort out into your job, this is not the place for you.

Benefits

Former Employee - Benefits Analyst in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Benefits Analyst in Irving, TX

Pros

I enjoyed working with my old manager

Cons

I did not find anything that I did not like . People were nice

Advice to Management

Karen was a great manager

5. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Jewelry Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Jewelry Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Zales (More than a year)

Pros

Great management who will work with you and help you grow as a professional.

Cons

No cons after one year.

6. Hit or Miss.

Former Employee - Sales in Mastic, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Mastic, NY

I worked at Zales (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting nice people and being a part of special occasions in peoples lives

Cons

No breaks No incentives Poor management Horrible pay Never know what kind of store your going to end up in

Advice to Management

Get it together. Your either a good manager or a bad manager. You know what you are within the first 6 months. Don't drag all team members down with you.

7. Overall not bad

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Money. Leaning. Becoming a professional.

Cons

Lots of downtime. Commission is low percentage. Lots of glass cleaning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but try to get regional managers who will stay. The general managers would love promotions I'm sure.

Awful place to work

Former Employee - Key Sales in Johnson City, NY
    Former Employee - Key Sales in Johnson City, NY

I worked at Zales part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to Zales. Awful place to work, cannot get in touch with anyone in corporate ever. My direct manager is the only person who cares in the entire company

Cons

Cut pay without telling me, still withholding W2s I worked for Zales corp when last year. I worked there for three months and then was offered a position with another company. I told them to help them out I would continue to work for them even after I had worked a full day at my full time job so they had enough time to find someone to replace me. Without even telling me they cut my pay by $2 per hour. I then was told my W2 could be found online. After struggling to try to recover it they finally told me it was actually not available online because I wasn't employed there and sent me a link to download it. I went through the entire process of downloading it and they had the wrong address on it. I couldn't get in touch with anyone over the phone so I had to resort to emailing them. From there I finally received an email back (in February) and was promised I would be mailed a corrected W2. The new W2 that took, 11 days to arrive, had the correct address on the paper they put in the envelope window and again the WRONG address on the W2. I was extremely frustrated and requested them to overnight me a new one with the correct address so I wouldn't have to cancel my appointment with my accountant and they DIDN'T. I still have not received a new W2 with the correct address and they have officially stopped responding to my emails. They are extremely unprofessional and breaking the law by withholding my correct W2s. This company is awful to work for and they treat their employees like trash. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY TOTALLY!!!!

Decent job

Former Employee - Jewelry Consultant in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Jewelry Consultant in Casper, WY

I worked at Zales part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We had great leadership from corporate and were always being updated on policy changes, potential dangers( when I was there the chain had a lot of robberies going on and it was kinda scary so we had to very vigilant about people coming into the store), and they kept in touch a lot with our manager. We felt very connected and supported by corporate.

Cons

Where I worked was not ideal for a jewelry store. We had a lot of competition and desperately needed our own location. Being the most expensive jewelry store in the mall and hidden in the back did not help out with sales. The sales we got were unrealistic despite being based off of how well we did last year. We got a lot of pressure for things we couldn't control because if people don't want to buy, they aren't going to come in and no amount of signs or promotions is going to fix that.

Advice to Management

We need more hours. Stronger sales people need to have evening shifts because evening guests don't buy as much and need more work. Putting weaker sales people in shifts where guests are harder to sell too is unfair.

10. A Good Company to Gain Experience

Former Employee - Store Systems Support in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Store Systems Support in Irving, TX

I worked at Zales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under new management now so I think the future is probably brighter. Compensation at some levels was adequate. A decent benefit package.

Cons

More opportunities for career growth were needed. Many employees felt stuck in their current positions even if they had been there 10 years or more.

Low pay, high expectations

Current Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

Pros

pleasant Coworkers, commission structure, flexibility

Cons

low salary, scripted selling, no training

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more

RSS Feed </> Embed