Zanett Commercial Solutions Reviews

Chuck Deskins

1. Risk Management and Quality Assurance

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Zanett Commercial Solutions as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Comfortable work environment with a lot of emphasis put on working together as a team. Management values the opinions of its teams and the executives are visible within the company.

Cons

Hard to see results from the work you have done.

2. Working with Zanett was just ok as a contractor.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Zanett Commercial Solutions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Zanett pretty much stayed out of my way on the client site yet made themselves available when upper management interaction was needed. They didn't just leave me to manage the expectations of the customer when there's a problem.

Cons

The contract had inconsistencies. One section said to submit invoices weekly and one section said to submit biweekly. There was not a published schedule that clearly stated when you would receive payment if your invoice was submitted by a certain date. So I had to keep checking my account to see if I had been paid. Also, their time and labor system is horrible. You have to be the type of person that follows up.

Write clearer contracts and more transparent payment policies.

3. No investment in workforce

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Zanett Commercial Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers were generally a group of nice people who were willing to help when / if needed. Management was generally pretty approachable.

Cons

Management seemed to be confused about how to properly run the business constantly re-tooling our go to market strategy. No investment was made into developing more junior resources through formal training - prior to my departure I asked to attend classroom training to prepare for the next assignment they were asking me to take on because I had never dealt with that subject area (Payroll) and they refused to pay for classroom training but instead offered computer based training. The commitment to continuously developing employees was not present. Many of the administrative processes were quite manual and backward as well. Very little opportunity to move/grow from within. Company did a poor job at building corporate culture.

5. There are a lot of projects lined up all the time.

I worked at Zanett Commercial Solutions full-time

Pros

I was an off shore resource, they allow work from home and provide laptop, phone and internet connection

Cons

work overload, there was just a lot of work assigned to me at a give time. Because thee is too few resource with my skill set.

6. The sale comes before the service

Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Zanett Commercial Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If your a good knowledgable consultant you can perform your job with little drama and politics. A majority staff very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Deliverables may be unrealistic, politics and favorites can cause challenges during projects. Do not plan on bonus as part of base compensation.

Excellent Service and Skills should be put ahead of sales quota. Better review of SOS to ensure they are clear, detailed and achievable.

7. It's about the people

I have been working at Zanett Commercial Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work with seasoned professionals who are willing to share knowledge, strong presence in health care and public sector, outstanding clients/projects, room for advancement, one of the best in the industry for work/life balance, treated as a professional, competent and friendly operations staff, good benefits for size of company.

Cons

No 401(k) match, more formalized training

Devise a workable plan for the direction of the company, and over communicate what each person needs to do in there respective areas to assist in meeting those set expectations. Already being done to some level, but could stand to be more focused in nature.

8. I have worked at Zanett for almost 3 years.

I have been working at Zanett Commercial Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great work life balance

Cons

Business was slow, but it is really picking up. So not really a con

9. Terrible

Former Contractor - Senior IT Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Contractor - Senior IT Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Zanett Commercial Solutions as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They did land me a client and then leave me alone.

Cons

Can't manage their finances at all.

Pay your people what you have contracted to pay them!

10. Started bad, only got worse in the last year

Current Employee - Regional Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Zanett Commercial Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work, with challenging clients and fluid methodology.

Cons

Financial problems, poor leadership, no methodology and dishonest mid level management. Probably due to their financial problems. No raises, no bonuses, and they'll go back on their word, intentionally and not pay their people what is rightfully owed, the management is masterful at managing the message and turning their problems around on the client and consultants. I think they're grifters at heart these days.

Your word is all that you have in the end.

11. Zanett Commercial Solutions

I have been working at Zanett Commercial Solutions

Pros

Good that you don't have to travel much.

Cons

No growth.No career path. No time for higher management to talk with the team even once in an year. No support to learn new tools

Look into the team requirements like promotions,Hike,Visa processes