Zara

Zara Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Zara First Deputy Chairman and CEO Inditex Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pros
  • good pay and bonus every month dependent on how the company does(in 18 reviews)

• Employees dynamic was very positive to the work environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Necessity to wait three months until you can get your employee discount and uniform(in 23 reviews)

• Rude customers, high turn over rate, 15% discount(in 23 reviews)

Faced paced, but you better WERK!

Cashier (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros-pay higher than most entry level retail jobs
    -clothes
    -people
    -can move up if you're willing to work for it

Cons-if you're not ready to put in hard work with a lot of hours, this isnt for you
    -customers sometimes can expect too much of a fast fashion retailer

Very faced paced and ON YOUR FEET!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you really want to learn about the fashion world and how retail actually works, Zara is the place to work. Their expectations are HIGH. Good management and other employees. Managers are willing to help you and teach you.

ConsFast paced. Training was one day only and from personal experience, I barely learned ANYTHING except how to fold clothes and where they go. They expect for you to know EVERYTHING. After a month of working there, I still had a lot to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be patient and reasonable with your workers.

Empty promises to keep stringing you along!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey give a decent base pay for just being a sales associate. They provide uniforms that make it very easy and you don't have to pay for them. Also during sale they give almost everyone full time hours (except I have heard that this will change for any one who is not technically full time). They are also very eager to extend short shifts to make them full 8 hour shifts and people are always trying to give shifts away making it easy to add on hours. Customers are friendly and actually make it fun to be at work.

ConsThey string almost everyone along with empty promises of opportunity to grow in the company. The most qualified people get ignored for promotions (that they are sometimes promised) and instead they promote "favorites", even when the person is incompetent. When giving these "empty promises" they have you do the job without the pay you should be getting or any full time benefits. I have worked in four different Zara stores and seen this happen at every store and with multiple people, myself included.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually do what you say you are going to do. I have seen so many amazing assets to the company leave because they were being taken advantage of by management. Management only finally decides to do something about it when they are backed into a corner or it is too late. Also, if someone is not doing their job right then they should not have it. I have never seen more unqualified people have management positions in my life. After mistake after mistake after mistake they should be fired instead of just pretending like nothing happened.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for Part-time Work

Cashier (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsProvide uniform, flexibility with availability and hours, commission and an hourly salary, good breaks in shifts above 6 hours

Conshorrible discount (15%), not many opportunities for advancement, horrible management

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter leadership, encourage hard work amongst employees, end favoratism

sales

Prosfashion couture
    always in style
    advancing fast if you worth

Consa lot of work
    I don't have what to say bad about this company

My experience with Zara has been great!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOn of the best Pros of this company is the flexibility of hours.

ConsOne of the biggest cons is the physical endurance that one has to go through.

sales associate- it was hard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey had a good pay and it wasnt boring

Consthey had bad discounts and long hours

Sales Assoc.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood Pay
    Good Hours (if you want it)
    Dibs on what ever is out

ConsPoor management
    crappy discount 15%, really?

Advice to Senior ManagementExplain thoroughly and stop speaking Spanish all the time. It's unfair to non hispanic people such as myself. We don't know what you're saying.

College Job

Sales Associate and Stock Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey sell awesome clothes, and you get to wear a neat uniform which for men changes consistently. Commissioned from sales + hourly which isn't awful.

ConsBad communication through management. Really ridiculous rules that they try to enforce. Not thorough training for some associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training, organization and communication.

They don't care if you have a family emergency, just get to work!

Cashier (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Pros$100 gift card at Christmas

Conshorrible management: managers are the FIRST ones to start rumors and gossip, very childish.
    customers are rude, impatient, and you can't even look at them without being reprimanded.
    you have to look a certain way.
    closing is horrible! be prepared to fold your life away.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more professional and wiling to help your employees. Everything is not "our fault", you are a MANAGER so please MANAGE us in situations that are beyond our control.

Worked for Zara? Contribute to the Community!