Zara

Zara Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Zara First Deputy Chairman and CEO Inditex Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pros:
  • "good pay and bonus every month dependent on how the company does"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Employees dynamic was very positive to the work environment"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Necessity to wait three months until you can get your employee discount and uniform"
    in 21 reviews
  • "too much responsibility, long hours, having to stay behind to cash up"
    in 21 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Should have paid attention to the reviews, relying on blog hype about the product no care for junior employee relations

IDK Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsCompetitive pay plus pool commission
    Good place to go if you need a part time job as a student

ConsPoor communication
    Lack of proactivity
    Appears as across between thoughtful boutique, runs like forever 21
    Has the potential to feel like a tight knit family organization at the store level, but it takes a serious left somewhere. In store, corporate mean girl weird situation. IDK
    Closing is dreaded and not handled properly so you could potentially close until midnight the store closes at 8 and 6
    Any incentive or benefit was about after hire, such as how to get an employee discount, tailoring on ill fitting uniforms or premature failed seams, whether or not you may be full time or part time
    Important Information given in the morning meeting by the management team told to apx 12 people is expected to be passed down to everyone by the next work day, if you don't get the information that's your fault

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst impression: not so good.
    Example the uniform shoes caused cuts and blisters, after many complaints and PROOF of cuts and blisters then and only then could you wear less irritating black casual shoes. What the prison camp?!!
    A lot of reviews state that management is horrible, but I would like to offer is this; I'm not sure the management knows that their horrible. If someone doesn't know something they're less likely to fix it. I was hired in the situation of a store opening which for any company is hectic and I left based on the fact that managers and longer term employees have turned a blind eye to being proactive in daily operations. They (the management) wait until there's an issue in order to half way respond unless the Issue comes from higher. The one way accusatory conversation that I had tonight was all I needed to write this review, and it seems that this is happening in more places than this new store in Seattle. I wrote an e-mail to HR asking for advice from a the perspective of someone who wanted to walk out in the middle of a chaotic shift, at that time the response from management should have been to investigate my claim, to refocus to the team by asking for pro and cons from that experience and how we could improve from the troubled time we were all having. Instead the management ignores it, which is an action that has the potential to a set back employees encouraging sales. Confused, flustered employees don't make good sales people and cashiers, and within the store I've heard some horror stories and have been apart of one myself. I was told that the customer is perspective is always right, I am a customer paying full price for my items and I perceive that having frustrated employees is bad for reputation and loss prevention. The moment an employee stops caring is the moment you have a a problem. They're not interested in changing, or accepting a problem so that everyone can move on. I just expected more, everyday I was there I found that I cared less to be there.

Great place to work

ProsThere are opportunities for growth

ConsCommunication between stores and corporate

It was fun yet very stressful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGot to meet great people that I am still friends with

ConsIts retail so you are basically working every weekend

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

is the vacation worth the overtime?

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Pros2 weeks off in summer and winter for salaried managers.

Consexpected to work unpaid hours because of poor budgeting.

Advice to Senior Managementconsider managers work life balance to ensure longevity, loyalty and better business practices.

Sales Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood start up job and pay for a student.

ConsThe managers are incompetent. Not educated and extremely gossipy. They are biased and give hours to the employees they like working with. Not a friendly working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers who are capable enforcing proper rules and regulations to avoid internal corruption.

Generally the same as working at other retailers

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsOpportunities for growth seemed very promising for the short duration of working there

ConsHourly rate plus commission that is split by all salespeople on floor

A sales-oriented company who really doesn't care about its employees

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsFashionable clothes

Lack of flexibility
    Devalued as a worker
    Long shifts
    Over-scheduled shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementActually train your employees and treat them like people

it's okay...

Stock Associate (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFree uniforms, easier work than places like H&M

ConsMonkey work. Everything is extremely routine and boring and management dumps a lot of work and projects on you

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you are willing to work on an associate's level and help out when needed.

Not worth the pay

Prosconvenient location. not many pros for me because I did not enjoy my experience here. staff is friendly

ConsPartial micro managing style. staff does not work hard. Management expects a lot while pay is not very much. only fifteen percent discount.

The true retail experience

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsThey gave us free uniforms and my co-workers were pretty cool, we also got first dibs on the yearly sale.

ConsThey were literally slave drivers, we had to stay every night at least 2 hours after closing just to organize clothes to their "standard" while the general manager just stood around. Also, our employee discount of %15 percent was nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to complain the whole time about how none of the sales associates work, then maybe you should try it for a while and see how "easy" it is.

Worked for Zara? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zara reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zara CEO Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera. All 311 reviews posted anonymously by Zara employees.