Zara

Updated December 15, 2014
2.8

Zara First Deputy Chairman and CEO Inditex Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera
Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pros
  • Multitasking, fast paced enviroment, international experience (in 22 reviews)

• people are nice good pay and its good for students who just want spare pocket money and part time (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Necessity to wait three months until you can get your employee discount and uniform (in 31 reviews)

• 15% discount does not allow for an affordable way to consistently represent the brand (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Incredibly Disciplined Work Place

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zara part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Zara really knows how to instill a sense of perfection in its employees. Not many other companies, especially in retail, make sure that everything is operating at its best. The work load is high, and a lot of times it does get incredibly stressful, but the employees are amazing, and everyone has a good time working.

Cons

The management does not bend when it comes to sick days, or someone covering your shift. If there is any emergency, you will most likely get penalized for missing work. The interview is really thorough - they want to make sure they are hiring the most motivated individuals possible.

Expect bitter employees, atmosphere is ok, uniform can be a pain

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zara part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The products in the store are great, with the exception of a few that have bad zippers or stitching. The employees are nice and work together. Growth within the company is possible and encouraged.

Cons

The employee discount could be raised, management is somewhat uptight, the uniform, specifically the shoes are terrible! Let me expand, the shoes cause so much pain when walking and when I've talked to managers about it, they say it's what has to be worn. The shoes don't allow me to be as productive, and the uniform weighs me down when having to move quickly.

Encourage store managers to practice fun activities for employee morale, take suggestions seriously.

Cool

I worked at Zara

Pros

It's a Fashion forward place

Cons

No cons at all !

Just stay on task. It's really strict

Good company bad store managers and co workers

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Zara part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great pay for part time
    Job doesn't ask too much
    Although the commission is communal its a great bonus

Cons

disliked management
    bad peer leaves the hard workers doing all the work

pay more attention to the employees

Best Experience

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Zara full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Family kind of environment
    -Time flies
    -Managers are very understanding
    -Flexible schedules

Cons

-Very busy and fast, but I enjoy it

Just started and it's already tension between employees. Shocked and disappointed...

Current Employee - Stock Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Zara part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job comes with a decent pay for part-time workers that will have to pay their medical benefits out of their own pockets $11 an hour. The job is challenging and there will always be work to do. I've only been working for Zara for 3days and the ENTIRE team is moving fast-paced and seem to be very motivated and ready for success! It is ALOT of work.

Cons

Trying feels like a gang initiation! In my particular department my superior's attitude is very condescending, not nice or approachable. She is very different from the happy, approachable corporate employees that hired me on the spot. It's day #3 and she is already finding faults in the new team members, and giving pass or fail test. I think it's discouraging to the brand overall. I'm taken back, that we getting off on the wrong foot. The holidays will be here soon...

I think management should be more compassionate. When u see new recruits showing up to work 10-15mins earlier and taking the effort Dnt be in such a rush to crack the whip, provoking and being a bully. Every employee is not the same, some move fast some move slow in the beginning. Give PPL a fair chance to show their interest and skills. Be approachable. Encourage others. Stop starting employee confrontations. Some employees come to do their jobs and only say hi and bye, managers shld not take that as aggressiveness but as a person being focused on the workload and new job opportunity.

Sales associate/ Key Holder

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Zara full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly the employee discount. If you like Zara clothing like I do, then it really comes in handy.

Cons

Crappy hours and shifts. Schedule constantly changing, so you can't plan on having the same days week to week. The job is retail, obviously... But the day to day job of folding and cleaning up behind grown stuck up people can really start to ware on you. It wasn't for me. So I quit.

Have better communication with the employees. Be more willing to answer our questions.

horrible

I worked at Zara

Pros

got uniforms commision but not enough pros

Cons

bad management long hours no work being done no progress

Fast-paced environment with constant effort to assist customers

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zara part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the fact that I get a chance to help customers with what they're looking for, whether it's as simple as a bag, or an entire outfit for an interview . The clothes as Zara are unique and I love the style & trend with every new season that approaches.

Cons

The discount is pretty much taking the tax off. Employees and friends of employees get 15% and I don't think that's much a of discount really. Other places give that discount if your a student & you don't even need to be working there.

Listen to sales associates with ideas and pay more attention to them, as they are the front line of the business interacting with customers and work the floor with all the products .

One of the better retail stores to work for.

Current Employee - Cashier in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Zara part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty room for movement within the store, even possibility of transferring to different store to be a manager of some sort if you do really well. Pay was pretty decent for a retail store. I think starting was $11. The people at the location where I worked were friendly and helpful. You do get yearly reviews that allows for a chance to get a raise.

Cons

Black out dates during holidays. No benefits unless you're full time. Discount was 10 or 15%.

Zara Photos