Zara Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Working at Zara

I have been working at Zara

Pros

Pay, clothes, commission, hour lunch

Cons

Hours, management, no flexibility, closing takes all night

2. GREAT

I worked at Zara

Pros

so fun and i loved being there. great job and good pay and good people to work with

Cons

i couldnt say anything bad about this job it is absolutely fabulous wouldn't want to do anything else

3. my summer experience

I worked at Zara part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay for first job, additional 100 every two weeks in commision

Cons

bad coworkers, no one seem to have any interest in the company, customer service wasn't a priority sometimes (summer sales)

Advice to Management

More unity, motivation and recognizition to the workers

Don

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zara (Less than a year)

Pros

• Can move up • Good minimum wage (good as in compared to other retail wages) • Nice system in how they divide up the work

Cons

You literally have to be on your foot, consistently rushing around, for 8 hours straight. They have lots of customers all the time. I honestly don't think this is worth the pay because it will make you physically exhausted. This is ideal for anyone who isn't doing anything besides working. But if you need time for school, applying for other jobs, and other responsibilities, I guarantee you that you will not have enough time/energy due to Zara.

Advice to Management

Find ways to not exhaust your workers. Just because it's a retail job (and it pays low -- meaning not a living wage), does not mean the employees (and management too) need to be worked into the ground.

6. Great place to earn retail experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Zara part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible commission growth in the company Easy way to do stock checks with their RFID system

Cons

Snobby customers Small break room with tiny table only 1 microwave

7. BOH associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zara part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is that the experience with working in higher end retail got me my better job. I also received a nerf ball with ZARA printed on it as a reward for a good job....

Cons

Everything! Corporate makes rules that need to apply to all stores no mater how inappropriate it is for a US store. Everything is timed by them as well and you have to perform within that measure of time no mater how many or few employees you have or what other tasks you may have to perform. The dress code is very very very strict, don't expect to be able to express your self through your cloths here! The uniforms they made employees wear are constricting, for woman can be troublesome (they don't have any pockets) and often dangerous ( people in the stockroom have to climb up and down ladders in slip ons or dress shoes) . I understand wanting employees to look nice but I almost got fired for having painted finger nails!

Advice to Management

I really don't think store managers have much say in anything. And from what I gather corporate does not listen to your needs or concerns.

8. My experience at Zara for one year is horrible. Managers, corporate, supervisors and some product leaders are rude.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Zara part-time (More than a year)

Pros

12 plus commission New Hire 13 after a year plus commission 14 after 2 years plus commission 15 afters 3-4 years plus commission

Cons

Rude managers except 1 Oxhana Rude floor supervisors Annoying product leaders who can never close there section on time

Advice to Management

Learn how to speak to your employees better & don't be so rude. Don't be quick to test people or put anything pass anyone because you never fully know someone. Anybody is capable of anything when they are push to the limit

9. confusion and incompetence

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zara full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great clothes, although the quality seems to be slipping more and more. Having a uniform saves on expenses.

Cons

Upper management/corporate is a mass of confusion and incompetence. I don't think anyone has the slightest idea what they are doing.

10. Working at Zara

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Zara part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities to move up in the company if you're looking for them. Many of the sales associates I worked with had already graduated college and wanted something more, so one of my friends became a keyholder, while another became an MIT a year later.

Cons

When I worked at Zara, the management had little respect for their sales associates because there are SO many. There are associates working in Zara women, Zara men, and Zara kids. This doesn't include the visuals team. Anyway, I was hired as a part-time employee and kept receiving 40 hours a week. That's full-time hours, and I didn't receive full-time benefits. When I confronted the managers telling them I couldn't work 40 hours a week, they told me that I had said I was available on my available hours sheet for a total of 40< hours a week so I should be able to work that much. But I was a full-time student and this time was needed for school. When I asked to eliminate some of those hours to make it more of a part time job (25-30 hours), they told me I couldn't because I had already said I was available those hours. So I quit. In addition to hours, they also are constantly having you run up and down to the stockroom. It's a hard, laborious job. You will come home after the 8 hour daily shifts rubbing your feet and needing to relax.

Advice to Management

Give your part-time employees PART TIME HOURS.

Zara Cashier/ Sales Associate

I worked at Zara part-time

Pros

The pay at Zara is better than a lot of other retail stores and there is a lot of room for growth within the company.

Cons

A lot of work is thrown at one employee, and if you're working as a cashier in Men's department your job involves many more responsibilities than your average cashier.

Advice to Management

Plenty of help is needed and sometimes the amount of associates is unreasonable.the company should reconsider promoting even if you are not full time.

RSS Feed </> Embed