Zaxby's

Updated November 10, 2014
3.2

Zaxby's President and CEO Zach W. McLeroy
Zach W. McLeroy

Pros
  • great environment for both staff and customers, and flexible hours (in 7 reviews)

• You work with cool people, you get a 50% discount on food, and that's it (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is low, minimum wage for teammembers and managment isn't much better (in 10 reviews)

• Very stressful environment, little pay, understaffed at times, rude customers, negative co-workers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

it was okay.

I worked at Zaxby's part-time

Pros

team members were awesome to work with. This was my first job and I learned a lot working there. The pay was okay for a student.

Cons

managers were very shady. they would tell you one thing, then do the opposite. if you're looking for a job to pay the bills, this is not the one for you.

I couldn't be happier!

Current Employee - General Manager in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Zaxby's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible, easy job, hours aren't long. The atmosphere is awesome. Love the concept! Corporate is the way to go. I wouldn't work for a franchise.

Cons

Can't find good help. No one wants to work accept teenagers. Thank you Obama Care

I would be giving advice to myself!

Great Place

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, TN

I worked at Zaxby's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very nice corp to deal with. Even though most of the locations are privately owned, you still get to deal with the corp side of things a few times a year.

Cons

Finding the RIGHT owners to work for. I worked for a few different owners in my course of 7 years and one of them was terrible and cheap, the other two were GREAT!

Screen your owners a little bit more before letting them get into the business.

Absolute worst job I've ever had!!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Zaxby's

Pros

The best part is the coworkers. We have become friends, more like a family. Everything else BLOWS!!! NEVER WORK HERE EVER!!!!

Cons

Only pay 7.25 regardless of experience, most you can work is 29 hours. Management is mostly lazy. If I didn't have children I would have never accepted this job. Definitely not for grown ups.

Have full time regular employees, if you are going to offer such low pay the least you could do was offer 40 hours

ehh

Former Employee - Cook in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Cook in Columbia, SC

I worked at Zaxby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

friendly working environment with nice and fun crew members..
    flexible hours
    50% discount on zaxbys food
    free large zaxby drinks
    great learning experience for anyone's first job. teaches a lot of lessons and dos and donts for your next job or possible career
    met a lot of friends here
    fast hiring process

Cons

-kitchen is very hot and steamy
    -managers are rude and shady, they'll tell you one thing and do another or they'll promise you something knowing good and well they dont intend on keeping it
    -its very rare you see anybody ever get a raise and for those who do.. they only "raise" their pay by a few cents.. so instead of making 7.25 theyll make 7.32 more or less
    -closing the store can either end at 11:30pm or 2 in the morning all depending on the coworkers you get scheduled to close with, no matter how hard you try or the amount of time it takes YOU to close down your area, if they dont do their part. youll be there ALL night
    -managers "steal" a lot of food all the time (im talking like just walk by and grab a chicken finger or wing and eat em without paying) but will prosecute and fire you if they catch you eating a fry that fell out the tray and onto the counter
    -schedule is never made on time and they expect you to come by the store everyday to see whether you work or not
    -also a bad work-life balance.. no matter how much i complained i always ended up working 12pm-8pms on saturdays and sundays (my whole weekend day basically) and entire nights during the week (5pm-12am) giving me only about a hour to get stuff done after school is over

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER.. especially the ones who are constantly working rush hours in the kitchen and prepping raw chicken all day.. that is worth more than 7.25
    post schedules on time
    offer free meals and break for employees working doubles.. if i come in at 12 and dont get off until 9pm, shouldnt i be offered a 7min break and a free meal so i dont pass out in the kitchen or something?? instead of having to spend my already little paycheck on food thats still pretty expensive even with the employee discount.

An experience everyone should have!

Current Employee - Cook in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Cook in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Zaxby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the flexibility, yet the amazing hours. I work 35+ hours a week and go to school full time with no problem.

Cons

Rude, picky customers with difficult orders.

Zaxby

I have been working at Zaxby's

Pros

Pay is pretty decent I like

Cons

Customers can be rude at times

Good fast food job for beginning employees

Former Employee - Cook
    Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Zaxby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great concern for customers. They are also concerned with fast food times, and making sure that there is great tasting food. Managers treat employees fairly and deal with customers appropriately.

Cons

The employees need to have a more friendly attitude when taking orders and helping customers. Some managers are somewhat harsh on the employees. Some trainers do not teach new employees the right way to do things.

Consider more promotion opportunities and making sure your managers are training correctly.

i cooked cleaned mopped took out the trash stocked the shelves i did what i was asked and more

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Hartwell, GA
    Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Hartwell, GA

I worked at Zaxby's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

zaxby is a fun place to work highly motivated people some good managers and everybody helps out when its needed

Cons

no challenges really if you do things on time the work wont catch up with you at the end of the day

do what is needed and everything is easy

Great but horrible

Former Employee - Cashier in Chamblee, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chamblee, GA

I worked at Zaxby's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working for zaxbys my whole 11 months. I love the positive up vibe of the names of the products. I enjoyed fulfilling zaxbys mission statement everyday of the week I had worked. Not I only did I enrich lives,but zaxbys enriched mines from the first day I became an employer.Corporate trained me very well that within my first couple of months I was given a shiftleader position. Of course every work place has its ups and downs. I moved to a different store in January 2014. Thats when things went down hill. I want to thank zaxbys upper hand for the great experience and the pleasure of working for such a good company. Chick fil a has nothing on zaxbys!

Cons

As I mentioned above that I began to work at another zaxbys. I just lost my job due to violence in the work place from owner of the store. I called zaxbys corporate line to let then know what happened . I have yet recieved a phone call back pertaining my incident. Maybe corporate can be more considerate and concerned about there minimum wage workers.

Care about your employees and complete them on their great work. Dont be so negative and down talk us. Understand the real meaning of manager when you take that role up.