ZeOmega Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
58 reviews filtered by
3.6
Sathya “Sam” Rangaswamy

Pros
  • Company is growing and as a result growth opportunities are excellent (in 3 reviews)

• Co-workers there are generally wonderful people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This will directly affect employee's work timings, there by affecting the work-life balance in a negative way (in 6 reviews)

• micromanagement, hostile executives, very long work days, cost of benefits, high turnover- even among the execs they courted (in 3 reviews)

Excellent place to work. Friendly atmosphere.

Current Employee - Clinical in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical in Plano, TX

I have been working at ZeOmega

Pros

Get to learn. Friendly atmosphere. wonderful CEO

Cons

Not come across any problems

To continue the way you are handling things.

2. Average

I have been working at ZeOmega

Pros

ZeOmega can be overwhelming. Great place to learn, great growth career wise if you do your job well. People are friendly.

Cons

Bad management, no work balance, bad process, no proper work ethics.

Fix management issues and make sure there is a work balance.

Needs help and overhaul

Current Employee - Associate in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at ZeOmega full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most team members were a joy to work with, as they had ethics and solid skills to ultimately help the client.

Cons

There were other co-workers who merely played as a puppet for upper management, and still do. The amount of US staff left is truly telling (very minimal, and really those that have too much "skin in the game" to leave). I feel for the ones over on visas that have that hung over their heads on a daily basis by their tyrannical CEO. The staff who don't fit- as one stated earlier- are generally the ones who saw through their dishonest and questionable business practices.

Considering it's apparent and even stated that staff have been coached to write reviews on this board, not to mention many of the BLR reveiws are blatantly written by non-BLR staff, maybe even someone with a Wharton degree, advice is not something they're willing to entertain.

Amazingly Incompetent Arrogant Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at ZeOmega full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Product. Worked with some very bright, capable Business Analysts. Really enjoyed working with customers and many of the Zeomega staff.

Cons

Inept Technical and product development management-Software is not architected to support customizations for customers but the management is too inexperienced to architect it correctly or to manage software releases and product development efficiently. As a result, upgrades for customers take months because the developers have to go back and fix all the custom functions they have broken while developing the standard software releases. They charge the customers for an "analysis" period when it is really a charge for fixing everything they broke in the software. Bottom line =-they break their own product, then they charge the customer for the time it takes to fix it .

Nepotism abounds. Non Indian employees are discriminated against. Indian mgmt is unable to adapt to management norms of the U.S. In the US, a competent executive would never tell an employee it is not "their place" to have an opinion, especially given the company's history of firing women without cause and exclusionary hiring practices. Experienced employees are micromanaged and belittled. Honest communication upward does not (can not) exist. Arrogance based on artificial executive position and hierarchy rule the day.

Inept senior managers will use their employees as scapegoats when the inevitable problems arise with customers.

The CEO has no sense of decorum and doesn't possess the ability to do basic filtering in his communications. He sends out company wide emails with inaccurate, presumptive information without thinking. He cares more about "riding" the wave of customers for the money than about whether the product will actually help improve lives through coordinated care management.

Stay away from this company-They have a lot to learn.

The CEO should let his wife run the company. She is more competent, and his removal would prevent employees from having to witness their arguments.

Project Manager III

Former Employee - Project Manager III in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager III in Plano, TX

I worked at ZeOmega full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pace is blindingly fast...it doesn't have a lot of structure so it's a great place to learn how to under duress. I l earned a lot of about IT project management. Senior leadership is very involved: starting with Sam the CEO and the leaders in their Bangalore office.

My team of BAs, Developers and QA were helpful. I appreciated everyone had a pitch in and get the job done attitude. Learned a lot in my 1.5 years there

Cons

Would have enjoyed more wfh opportunities. It was stressful to have early morning calls with my India team, client morning calls and then trying to squeeze in "get ready for work" activities only to sit in traffic just to get in office. Time could have been used to continue working and producing.

No complaints really. I wished there were more opportunities for the PMs to advance and move up.

stay away if you have a choice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ZeOmega full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good product ,decent salaries and they will sponsor your visa

Cons

Every thing else! It is depressing working here. This place feels like a waiting room with people desparate to catch the next train. The work culture is horrible, total favoritism. Policies vary based on if you are one of the 'friends and family' clan members. Project managers know how to exploit the visa depencies and make people work long hours to pick up their slack. I would like to see how many of these loyal empoyees posting five star reviews upon the CEO s order will stick around once they get their green cards,

Rather than trying to cover up the shortcomings by posting fake reviews put in some effort to see what really needs to be fixed. Hire outside executive talent to learn how to professionally manage a growing organization in the US. Assign responsibilities based on skills and abilities, not favoritism and teach your managers some soft skills.

Good Place to Work and Learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at ZeOmega full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been here for over 5 years and am excited to see the growth. The executive leaders and senior management are very focused on the growth of the organization and the employees. The company works with the employees on their career path and helps them move over to other departments as required.

Management is very friendly and down-to-earth. Very promising for both experienced and freshers. Provides a lot of opportunities to grow. Great culture and work environment.

Cons

None that I know. Been here for long enough.

You are doing a great job!!! Company is growing and so are we. Happy to be part of this organization.

Creativity abounds

Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at ZeOmega full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership and management rely on staff teams to be creative and solution oriented. Folks are dedicated and hardworking. This company has grown due to the passion of its leadership. The work is hard but the rewards are great. The CEO is very open in sharing in the wealth of the company's success. Because this is a cross-cultural organization, I believe that this adds strength. For some people this can be a challenge, but only if they don't open their minds and hearts to possibility. For those that want rigid structure and being "told" what to do, this is not the company for you -- me, I prefer creative freedom which is very much valued by the leadership including its very passionate CEO!

Cons

I have seen some of the complaints about poor PTO, but I've worked for years and for a small company, the benefits are quite in line with much, much larger organizations. This has been an entrepreneurial company for many years and continues to be to some extent; policies and procedures are a little lagging, but if everyone is part of the solution it will not be a problem for much longer.

Continue to bring US and India teams together.

statement from veteran developer in the US

Current Employee - Architect/Developer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Architect/Developer in Plano, TX

I have been working at ZeOmega full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to work for developers who love working with open source.

Company culture is excellent in my opinion; a lot of bright & talented people, high diversity, including women engineers, transgender friendly workplace, racially/culturally diverse, and very progressive. Management takes care of those who contribute by giving generous bonuses for success in the marketplace.

Engineering culture has improved in recent years, and our new CTO is doing a lot to foster that. I'm seeing a lot more investment in training, test engineering, emphasis on code quality, and migration away from legacy technology.

Many employees are free to work from home as needed, with no strict in-office hours; this is especially true for developers but I see it with others as well.

The benefits are excellent; not many companies as high a percentage of insurance costs, and they promising to increase this even more next year.

Cons

A lot of developers get pulled into support, due to code quality issues, lack of adequate testing of releases, lack of good issue tracking & knowledgebase, and lack of strong configuration management. Fortunately these are solvable problems and I am seeing strong signs of this situation improving. (see Pros above) We are not out of the woods yet but out of challenge comes opportunity for creative solutions.

We know you're human and under a lot of stress because rapid growth is hard and we all have to learn tough lessons along the way. Stay human! I love that we have genuine human beings running the place. It's OK to have emotions as long as you know when to step back and apply hard rationality and business sense.

Most of us appreciate your openness and brutal honesty even when you send out companywide emails which help put us in touch with business realities and what's happening behind the scenes. However, the emails about office politics are confusing and kind of scary to people who don't know what's happening or what the emails are about. Some of the companywide emails might had a de-motivating and demoralizing effect. Some of us stay at ZeOmega just because we have a thick skin.

Celebrate the cultural diversity at ZeOmega! The cross cultural pollination is something I have consistently seen people enjoy. Let's have more dancing & singing in the US office events! Clearly it's a good thing in the Bangalore office.

I personally really appreciate that you are inventing this company your own way, and don't try to make it work like a normal American corporation. This is actually great and I hope more of our employees can appreciate how much conventional corporate idiocy we are avoiding.

One more thing: find something to replace BizApp or at least don't tie our future to it too much. Also get a mature issue tracker with a serious implementation plan.

Company with good IT healthcare solution, bad management

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at ZeOmega full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good technology solution, the market wants it

Cons

Look at all of these comments... Aug 25, company asked employees to post positive comments. It's SO obvious. Thin skinned. What are there - 25 comments, made while employees were on the clock?

Face reality. Management is not good. Too much turnover from employees to Directors and VPs.