Zebra Technologies

Zebra Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Zebra Technologies CEO and Director Anders Gustafsson

Anders Gustafsson

Pros:
  • "The work life balance is fantastic relative to other larger corporations"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Pay is good, maybe a little above average"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management plays favorites and if you are not in the inner circle you will never go anywhere"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Executive management doesn't have a clue what goes on internally or in the marketplace"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Positive

Agoura Hills, CA

ProsBright and down to earth employees. The design center in Agoura Hills is a non-egotistical and positive environment.

ConsLack of opportunity at design center

Great experience. Even though I am working in the R&D dept., there is a tangible pressure and excellent support from the

Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
    Vernon Hills, IL

ProsGood learning curve. You can see the best technology in label printing market here and get used to working towards developing new models all the time. There is a clear team structure and almost everybody is encouraging when you start.

ConsLocation. Located in a secluded suburb of Vernon Hills where there is nothing much to do. So if you want to have a city atmosphere, you better be ready to commute for more than an hour.

My Review

ProsMany different product lines to support all needs.

ConsSome of the assumptions management makes are not valid,

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Experience Lots of Opportunities

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Lincolnshire, IL

ProsThe opportunities to pursue growth for the company
    I was in marketing and there always seemed to be some project to do or contribute too
    Work Life balance was good while I was there, some WFH days were allowed
    Leadership seemed consistent and there was a low rate of turnover
    Benefits are great

ConsSome of the projects I worked on the work-life balance was terrible, and at the time from my particular subgroup of marketing, it was expected that you would work constantly, even weekends.
    The growth didn't match my needs for growth

Great co-workers, terrible upper management. The CEO is often ignored by upper management.

Vernon Hills, IL

ProsZebra wants to be a good company. Some departments have amazing opportunities. The engineering-related areas are definitely worth consideration for their innovations and creativity. They have an enthusiastic and friendly work force that really wants to do their best every day.

ConsAt the same time, changes in the company leave the sense that they are spinning the Wheel of Fortune to select the day's management philosophy. This is especially evident in sales and customer support, where the revolving door continues to spin. Staffing is pared down to the point that employees are under high pressure with no release in sight.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear and consistent. During the CEO's campaign for employee input on products, I made a suggestion (later implemented) the morning of the first day. By noon, the director was calling my manager out because I dared to make a suggestion.
    Respect your employees. It just might be good business

Good place to work overall

ProsWork-life balance, interesting work mostly, smart people.

ConsNo growth, no opportunity, top heavy. Micro-management from too high a level.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually give people at lower levels responsibility.

Great place to work

Lincolnshire, IL

ProsGreat CEO! Solid products and an exciting place to be.

ConsIf you don't like to multi-task, you need not apply. There is a lot going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave you seen the stock price soar over the past few years?? I don't think senior management needs any advice from me. They seem to be doing just fine all on their own :)

Pleasant but uninspiring

ProsPleasant work environment with (for the most part) pleasant co-workers.

ConsExecutive leadership has huge gaps of guidance that would better be labeled avoidance of issues than actually grappling.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater engagement and physical presence required by executives for true leadership as opposed to remote control approach.

Well managed company with a passion for planning for the future.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat combination of salary and bonus incentives for management team.

ConsNew management influence lost respect for long term employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep those that got you where you are rather than always looking to the outside.

New product intro and supporting existing components and quality issues

Components Engineer (Former Employee)
    Fremont, CA

ProsI saw an opportunity where I could help in supplier quality and establishing a components engineering and working with engineering to qualify materials

ConsCommute was not very good, I lived in San Jose calif and my job was in Los Angeles

Advice to Senior ManagementProvided instructions to management and engineering "How to qualify new products and sources for the new design.

Worked for Zebra Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Zebra Technologies – Why Work for Us?

About Zebra A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra provides enabling technologies that provide greater visibility into mission-critical information and allow customers to take smarter… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zebra Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zebra Technologies CEO Anders Gustafsson. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by Zebra Technologies employees.