Zedi Reviews

Zedi Chairman Keith T. Smith
Keith T. Smith
1 Rating

1. Gas Measurement

I worked at Zedi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits of the job were the work experience gained and contacts established with the companies we did contract work for. The biggest benefit of Zedi ended up being that I could quickly leave Zedi.

Cons

We were understaffed for the amount of work our business had, which led to select people having to work a lot of weekends. My co-workers and I were sold on flexible scheduling and a "family friendly" work environment, and "rarely ever having to work weekends", which ended up being patentedly false. I was not trained properly, nor was I provided the right tools or preparation for jobs we were going into. Most of the learning was done on the fly, and mistakes stemming from this environment were dealt with inappropriately. My few experiences outside of our division made this seem like a company-wide problem rather than a problem with just the division I was working in. The compensation for the employees in our position was not competitive for the market at the time. There was a generally negative feeling in the office. A lot of pettiness and people focused more on climbing the ladder than doing their present jobs. It seemed like the general feeling the entire time was that I "owed" Zedi something, which was enforced in several conversations with my manager who implied I didn't deserve to get paid our agreed-upon wage (and I never brought up compensation with my manager, i.e. asking for more money or complaining about my wages). There was not a high value placed on honesty in the office, but that's hardly just a zedi problem.

Advice to Management

I felt like the balance between negative and positive reinforcement tipped way too far toward the negative side. I heard much more positive things from the companies I did contract work with. Hire enough people to do the jobs you need done.

2. Business Development Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Zedi (More than a year)

Pros

decent money, good benefits, some smart people for support

Cons

4 different people telling 4 different ways to run my sales territory

Advice to Management

understand that things do not work the same way in America as they do in Canada

3. sales

I have been working at Zedi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

excellent company, good culture and people

Cons

small company mentality among the staff

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

RSS Feed </> Embed