Zeeco Reviews

Updated August 14, 2014

3.6

Darton Zink

great ownership, great benefits

Former Employee - The Go-to Person, Especially In Frustrating Times  in  Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - The Go-to Person, Especially In Frustrating Times in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Zeeco full-time for more than a year

Pros

The sole owner takes care of his employees from beyond benefits. He supports many outside events in nice places for the entire company to participate. He rewards his employees for their hard work and successes in many ways to show his appreciation. And then offers many opportunities to learn from guest speakers and endless training.

Cons

Decisions in the department structure an leadership/management was declining. Our productivity continued to decrease under new management and structural changes within job responsibilities/titles and perhaps advancements to "preferred" employees led to this outcome and continues to tank.
    Great management trickles down from the owner, the CEO himself so hopefully it will be obvious soon enough that rather than taking responsibility dealing with issues presented to new management, that fingers are continuously pointed elsewhere. That doesn't help any one. A childish, "It wasn't me", "I didn't do that", "it must be his/her mistake that caused this to occur" attitude I could not tolerate and it showed.

Take a look up. Review the numbers. As demands continue to increase we have always been successful but now productivity has severely decreased. Note the date when this started to happen and what changes occurred simultaneously. Then look for yourself to see if productivity since new management has remained the same, increased or decreased. Also look for the one pointing the finger to whomever is the most convenient and an easy target. When one comes in to a new company to manage an entire department of successful individuals-now showing decline in productivity and morale- without learning its current policies and procedures before implementing new ones, moves jobs around, scrambles job duties and refuses to listen to possible solutions to new issues is truly arrogant and will continue to fail. A know-it-all attitude gets you nowhere Ms. "It's their fault" Manager.

Project Manager in Process Burners Group

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Zeeco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small local company. Good people.

Cons

Poor management. Lack of advancement opportunities.

Speak your mind, don't expect people to read your minds.

Great Place To Work

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Zeeco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Collaborative team effort to resolve problems / issues. If something goes wrong, they don't look for the person to messed up -- they look for a solution to the problem.

Fun, supportive environment.

Willing to train you early in your employment.

International travel. If you want to see the world, this is a great place to work!

Cons

Not willing to train you later in your employment. They expect you to learn this stuff on your own, and don't give you a raise because you don't know the things they never educated you about.

They say things like, "We don't spend money on fancy things like fountains in the lobby, and we don't drive fancy cars." But then they do exactly the things they say they don't -- they spend massive amounts of money on silly things, but then say they can't afford to give their people a raise!

Absolutely terrible parking situation. Zeeco is situated on roughly 280 acres, but there is not adequate parking, and employees are not allowed to park on the grass. My car received door dings and paint chips on the BACK of the car (from lawn mowers kicking up rocks) on a daily basis.

No windows in the building -- I'm not sure why... Maybe a security issue? It is strange to get to work in the winter before sunrise, and then leave the building at 6:00 PM and it's pitch black dark outside.

They like to hire people who just graduated from college, and promote them quickly. This is great if your are a recent college graduate -- but if you are a little older and looking to further your career, you will not go anywhere at Zeeco.

I could be wrong, but I firmly believe most people who are promoted are from the same OSU Fraternity as Darton Zink.

Don't promote a recent college graduate with less than 1-year of work experience to be the boss of employees with 20-40 years of experience. I never told anyone, but this is the real reason I left Zeeco.

Darton -- You are a charismatic leader, but your money tends to separate you from the people who look up to you. Please try to remember to treat everyone as equals, including the older engineers who desperately want to impress you. Don't focus on hiring / promoting your fraternity brothers -- be fair to everyone who deserves a promotion.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Zeeco

Pros

interesting equipment
    nice place to live

Cons

salary a little bit low for industry

Zeeco is a good place to work

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Zeeco full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is good.

Cons

There is no flex time.

Worked for Zeeco? Contribute to the Community!