Zeiders Enterprises

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael D Zeiders

Great place to work, love the mission and the focus on support of the whole family unit.

ProsFeels good to end the day knowing that you helped others. Leadership is very supportive of work/life balance and respects the staff.

ConsFast paced environment in reaction to changing requirements from clients can create scheduling challenges.

Proactive and pleasant

ProsThe mission and sharing knowledge to advance military families (spouses). First Impressions good!

ConsToo early in employment relationship to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo early to report

Disappointing...

SECO Career Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsAble to Work from home

ConsThis is not career counseling, this is a call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I'm simply a number; they don't care about quality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI haven't found anything that great.

ConsPoor pay and benefits.
    Treat you like a number; don't care about you.
    Will cut your hours so you don't fall under a full time status in order to avoid paying health insurance and other benefits.
    Want you to be very loyal to them but it's far from a two way street.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are too entrenched in the federal government system; it has rubbed off. Not hopeful they will change.

Fraudulent Company. Sham.

Career Counselor (Current Employee)
    Woodbridge, VA

ProsNo commute. Virtual. Telework. Telecommute. Work from home. A job. 50k plus limited benefits and holidays (which you dont actually get). Company provided equipment.

ConsIf you have already read the other reviews and the HR responses that were canned, limited, and from left field, that should give you a clue about the government fraud that Zeiders is. Zeiders is a sham company with more than 30 years history of winning contracts and getting better at talking a really good game. In the end, what they actually do is short change our military from getting much needed services. After 30 years Zeiders still doesn't know how to get effective management in place, treat their employees well, or implement training among other things (yeah government fraud and abuse team!)

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down. Hand the contract to another company who knows what their doing, values professional employees and respects our military.

Education Service Coordinator

Education Services F (Former Employee)

ProsAbsolutely fantastic opportunity to work with military members and be a part of their community. Also, great to work within the military culture. Opportunity to participate in Return and Reunions on ships if Navy affiliated. Not many civilians get to do that! You receive 2 weeks vacation the first year and also have the option for a 3rd week or $ towards education/training. (Most people take the extra week of vacation.)

ConsNo room for advancement. Depending on who your direct report is (contract or civilian/govt.) very little opportunity to be groomed for promotion. You can move from job to job within the Zeiders contract onsite, but not really being promoted to another position. Pay is ridiculously low for quality of recruits they can choose from. Do not negotiate salary. Sadly, many of the employees are military spouses and company sees them as just a second income for the family rather than professionals. If the Govt decides to do a govt. freeze it is typically the contractors from Zeiders that cover the facility during the furloughs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNegotiate with your employees when they have the skill set you need. Your employees go far beyond what they are hired for to meet your clients needs, show that you see this. Provide better incentives to get people to stay. An across the board annual salary increase for everyone is nice, but show those employees that go beyond a better "nice" to keep them within your company. Find ways to promote. Do not offer a Christmas Bonus (Donation in your name) and then have your own non-profit as one of the recipients to choose from for the donation without FULL disclosure.

Zeiders Enterprises CHRO responded to this review May 14, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. It’s great hear that you enjoyed working with the military community and the very unique experience of being deployed aboard Navy ships to provide support services. It is ... More

Bad management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshelping military people, they hire many Veterans and military spouses so you will work with great people, but the senior management team and leaders do not treat people well. when they ask you for a picture or your opinion, remember they are not your friend and don't want to help you, they just want to look good in the eyes of the government and any politician that might visit their home office in woodbridge VA. they have actually hung pictures of employees fmil.

Conspoor pay, favoritism, unprofessional leaders, company does not care about employees, they only care about profits

Advice to Senior Managementtake better care of your employees
    treat people with respect
    recognise that your employees network and will talk about how they have been treatd

Zeiders Enterprises CHRO responded to this review May 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your candid feedback. We are pleased that you appreciated working with our great team members as well as with military members and their families. We are sorry that your experience ... More

Lack of Leadership

Woodbridge, VA

ProsAbility to support service members and their families

ConsTerrible leadership, lack of authenticity in stated company values and behavior of division director and senior contract management team. Pay is not comparable to other government contractors and the work life balance is poor. They responded to the proposal to win the work, but had no idea of the LOE to complete the work. They do not care if employees are exhausted and overworked and the service is poor. They only care about the perception of the government client and the profit they will make. Once the client complains and they fear losing the contract will they add resources to ensure the client is happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who have good people skills and know how to motivate and lead teams. Your lack of experience in providing call center services is evident. You need to hire experienced senior management teams. You get what you pay for and it is evident you did not pay enough to bring in experienced leads for the contract work you won.

Zeiders Enterprises CHRO responded to this review May 16, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed the opportunity to support military members and families during your time at Zeiders but we regret to hear that you ... More

Feels good to help military families every day."

ProsZeiders has flexibility that allows for for work-life balance. Most people who work here are extremely dedicated to military families.

ConsWork can be demanding at times.

Zeiders Enterprises CHRO responded to this review May 8, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are able to enjoy the flexibility we offer which enhances work-life balance. We agree that our work can be demanding ... More

Great company with a great mission

Financial Counselor (Current Employee)
    Millington, TN

ProsThis is a company with a single focus - helping Service Members, Veterans and their families with quality of life issues. The owner, Mike Zeiders, has kept this focus and it is a common passion of staff.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Worked for Zeiders Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Zeiders Enterprises – Why Work for Us?

CORPORATE OVERVIEW Zeiders believes that, if presented with the opportunities and the necessary resources, individuals will strive for personal growth and will better fulfill their responsibilities to themselves, their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zeiders Enterprises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zeiders Enterprises CEO Michael D Zeiders. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Zeiders Enterprises employees.