Zeiders Enterprises Reviews

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises

Pros

Zeiders is a great company to work for - they follow the core values that they have set out. They appreciate their employees and make sure that they know they are appreciated! It is great at the end of the day knowing that you helped our military service members and their families.

Cons

None that I have discovered yet

Keep doing what you are doing! The ongoing feedback I receive from my supervisor helps me know what areas I am excelling in and what areas I need to work on.

Great company to work for - plenty of training and support available.

Former Employee - Transition  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Transition in Washington, DC

I worked at Zeiders Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good job for a mobile military spouse

Cons

low wages that are not comparable to the area

They walk the walk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Zeiders Enterprises full-time

Pros

Zeiders has a true mission of supporting Service members, veterans and their families. They have been doing this for over 30 yers and they are committed to this work. They are also commited to their employees. I left to pursue a different path, but I was treated with respect and quickly felt part of the Zeiders family. I was also aware of the fact that others felt the same way. My time there was a positive experience. This is a good place to work and grow!

Cons

I dont have any specific "Cons". The work was sometimes intense, but also rewarding. And I was never asked to do anything that the Leadership Team wouldn't do right with me. It seems that the management team is willing to roll up their sleeves and jump right into the work with the rest of us.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company and a chance to help others

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable company that really wants to help service members and their families. The people that work at Zeiders really make it special! I am not sure what some of the recent more negative postings are talking about with their work because Zeiders definitely cares, they treat people fairly and know what they are doing.

The support staff are also very sincere about helping and they will drop whatever they are doing to help co-workers. The employees and leaders are predominately very humble. They work hard and are very caring. Many of them are fun too. This last year the company grew a lot and they are trying to stay connected with employees with those offsite. There are also more staff at corporate so they are trying to find little ways to find fun and connecting people like organizing a potluck cookout before Memorial Day.

The benefits are pretty good. The medical, dental, etc. is pretty standard but they try to find little extras like discount programs for employees and they keep adding something new for employees each year. They completely pay for short term disability, the training programs are really strong and the leave accrual is better than I have seen in other companies.

Cons

With a lot of growth, they are trying to make sure the systems and internal processes still work as efficiently as when the company was smaller. The good news is that they are looking at it but it can be hard to keep up with changes and communication, especially if the information is not in your department.

Keep listening to your employees towards process improvement but don't forget to listen to all the happy people too! Celebrate and share those good stories. Find new and creative ways to share the really good things Zeiders does so it is not missed with too many emails or lost on the intranet home page.

Proactive and pleasant

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises part-time

Pros

The mission and sharing knowledge to advance military families (spouses). First Impressions good!

Cons

Too early in employment relationship to report.

Too early to report

Jul 22, 2014CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am pleased that you would recommend Zeiders to a friend and that are enjoying the opportunity to share knowledge and support military families ... More

Great place to work, love the mission and the focus on support of the whole family unit.

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feels good to end the day knowing that you helped others. Leadership is very supportive of work/life balance and respects the staff.

Cons

Fast paced environment in reaction to changing requirements from clients can create scheduling challenges.

Jul 22, 2014CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you are pleased with helping others, with our leadership support and respect the need for resiliency with fast changing requirements. Sometimes ... More

Zeiders Inc

Former Employee - Work Family Life Consultant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Work Family Life Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Zeiders Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company provides a great service to the Navy community!

Cons

Salary is abysmal- most employees hold Master's degrees or higher and earn entry level salaries, very little direction or training program, receive different directives from different managers that never equal the same conclusion. Government employees in similar positions such as Marine Corps civilians receive better compensation, better benefits package and better training/management.

I'm simply a number; they don't care about quality

I worked at Zeiders Enterprises part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I haven't found anything that great.

Cons

Poor pay and benefits.
    Treat you like a number; don't care about you.
    Will cut your hours so you don't fall under a full time status in order to avoid paying health insurance and other benefits.
    Want you to be very loyal to them but it's far from a two way street.

They are too entrenched in the federal government system; it has rubbed off. Not hopeful they will change.

Jul 22, 2014CHRO

 Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience. We do benchmark our pay ranges and benefits to ensure that we pay market-competitive salaries and provide ... More

Fraudulent Company. Sham.

Current Employee - Career Counselor  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Career Counselor in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

No commute. Virtual. Telework. Telecommute. Work from home. A job. 50k plus limited benefits and holidays (which you dont actually get). Company provided equipment.

Cons

If you have already read the other reviews and the HR responses that were canned, limited, and from left field, that should give you a clue about the government fraud that Zeiders is. Zeiders is a sham company with more than 30 years history of winning contracts and getting better at talking a really good game. In the end, what they actually do is short change our military from getting much needed services. After 30 years Zeiders still doesn't know how to get effective management in place, treat their employees well, or implement training among other things (yeah government fraud and abuse team!)

Step down. Hand the contract to another company who knows what their doing, values professional employees and respects our military.

Disappointing...

Current Employee - SECO Career Counselor
    Current Employee - SECO Career Counselor

I have been working at Zeiders Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to Work from home

Cons

This is not career counseling, this is a call center.

Listen to your employees

Jul 22, 2014CHRO

• Thank you for your candid feedback. We recognize the experience of delivering career counseling through a call center is different than delivering it in a brick and mortar setting. Please provide ... More

Worked for Zeiders Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!