Zenex Partners

3.6

Zenex Partners CEO Neha Verma
Neha Verma

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Zenex is like a family to their employees; here I feel the best balance in between work and life.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst/Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst/Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Zenex is providing the wonderful professional environment and extra official activities to motivate their employees.
    This is the one of the top staffing company in California. I am really enjoying working with Zenex Partners.

Cons

I don't find any downside

Let's grow up

technical recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

easy job, its like a call center environment. good entry level position but i would not stay longer than 1 year

Cons

pay is weak, benefits are weak, ceo doesn't now what to do. expects us to call the same person a billion times until they give us an answer.

teach everyone how to source, and dont make it all about calls,

Not an equal opportunity employer

Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- 1 hour lunch
    - nice places to eat in the area
    - nice cafe in the building
    - once you're trained on how to do cold-calling, your managers leave you alone. So, not much micro-managing which is always a plus
    - no clocking in or out, but that doesn't mean you can be too late or leave too early. The office space is not huge so you will be noticed.
    - you can ask your manager for help whenever needed

Cons

- the management tried to hide it, but it was always obvious they discriminated against employees.
    - there was no regard for the hard work employees put in on a daily basis unless they produced maximum results.
    - the employees that were given the harder positions to fill were never acknowledged for their hard work unless they filled the positions
    - management didn't show much level of customer service to clients either

Don't let the money get to your head if you expect to become a bigger business. Your employees drive the company with their hard work and they shouldn't be discriminated against. Learn to respect and accept all employees and help them improve their skills rather than dictate if they are good/bad in comparison to the rest of the employees. It sucks to work in a place where you know the management/CEO doesn't really like you. This isn't a fashion show or beauty competition where you judge people based on looks. Follow the HR practices and avoid lawsuits. There are plenty of reasons your employees can use to sue you.

Questionable work ETHICS at best. An experience nonetheless.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

- Exposure to HR in some way, shape or form
    - Sales Experience
    - Co-workers that make the work day manageable even with all the downsides.

Cons

- Structure of the day-to-day operations is nonexistent/sporadic if that
    - Employees are expected to work their 8 hours + overtime, but compensated only up to 40 hours
    - Managers arrive 1-2 hours later than the start of a regular work day or hours of operation
    - Outdated methods of recruitment and quality is NOT within the control of the Recruiter
    - Sourcing should but is not done by Recruiters in-house, but externally outsourced
    - Concerns addressed to management and CEO are addressed as unresolved or forgotten even after numerous attempts
    - Pointless reports that does not allow merits in any way. More backlash and harm done compared to praise/ positive reinforcements
    - Heavily stressed in a numbers game (i.e. outbound calls, inbound calls, placements, etc)
    - Over the course of ONE year, daunting to see so many Recruiters leave/laid off
    - Job insecurity crosses one's mind on a daily basis
    - Gossip and rumors definitely roam in any and all companies. However, sometimes it trumps over the real truth
    - Looking at most of the reviews, I'm a bit skeptical with the validity and not convinced they are written by different individuals "representing" the company
    - Information about any given position is broad as broad can be, which leaves complications down the road to keep contacting/pre-qualify
    - Nonexistent training program for new employees (thrown in shark infested waters)
    - Disgruntled candidates are not removed as promised from managers/sourcers
    - Potential of growth is simply not there, as promises of advancement is loosely followed through
    - Salary + Commission is not competitive by any means
    - Last and certainly not least, the organizational culture "claims" to be zen-like with internal and external staff, managers, clients, candidates, etc. However, its often the feeling of detachment with communication. The only justified business/personal relationship available is amongst your fellow co-workers (Technical Recruiters)

- Structure with proper and thorough training and perhaps ongoing training to further the skills, abilities and knowledge with Recruiters, Sourcers, HR, and managers.
    - Positive reinforcements either weekly/biweekly or monthly to attract meeting quotas and business goals
    - Constructive meetings not simply pointing out the negatives, stresses and hardships but guidance to getting back on track by meeting career goals
    - Instilling respect and upholding it with all staff and managers
    - Accountability for not listening/following rumors and lies opposed to the source of truth (straight from the horses mouth and not filtered)
    - Updating the method recruiting/sourcing by the means of attracting and maintaining candidates
    - Creating more of a work/life balance for employees and acknowledgement of their efforts

Back stabbing 2 face company

Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There isn't a good thing about this company they only teach you how to cold call as a slave. They also sent an email coaching employees to post a GREAT review for glassdoor.com.

Cons

Expect you to work OT with no pay, CEO is a liar, HR is a joke, company dresses like slobs. CEO won't pay OT but purchased 2 new vehicles in less than a month. CEO expects you to call same person over and over until you reach potential candidate. Sourcing is the worst and in India they can't speak English how can they source.

Learn how to keep promises and not use employees as slaves. Learn how to manage employees with respect we do your job for you.

Foot in the door

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Zenex Partners as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It's a great stepping stone, you have to learn a lot on your own so be prepared. they teach you the basics/bare minimum of recruiting. If you're a brown noser or a underdog its the place for you, the CEO has a soft spot for them.

Cons

There were a few perks when I had started, but most of them are gone now that moral has gone down the hole. There are a lot of broken promised from this company, they are more talk and no follow through. The in house team had about 15 people in the beginning of January and now its down to by half with only one account manager left, one was laid off due to budget cuts and the other one quit due to budget cuts. There is only 2 people on the current team, that have been there for over 3 years besides the CEO, the turn over rate is very high. I've been told that people usually don't stay over 1 year. The CEO is like every other business just out there, just looking to make money, she don't care she only acts as though she does to make you feel like you're part of a team but in reality she talks about everyone behind their back, even the client companies. She also changes her mind a a whim so make sure to stay on her good side if you want to keep your job. Be cautious and take everything with a grain of salt and as a learning experience. I did and life is now fantastic :). I now work for a great company and doesn't over promise and under delivers. I know what is expected of me and what to expect back. I actually respect my superiors, and don't loath going to work. Management expects you to work overtime without OT pay, or even pay in general because they want to know that you're "dedicated." if you have anything to do/say make sure you document everything through letters or email.

You've been a established business, act like one instead of a start up it's not very professional. Update the way you recruit, calling the same people over and over for a position they are way over qualified for is embarrassing not only for the recruiter but your company. Take the time to teach your employees how to source and recruit, so you don't have to rely on separate teams. If you low ball people, expect to be low balled back.

Wonderful Work Environment and Family

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I have been here for about a year now...and I must say this was one of the greatest blessings, I have had to experience. The team here is more of a family, than coworkers. We care for each other, as well as, the people we place into their career paths. We are not a simple staffing firm that will just be rid of you once you are placed into a position. We care for each person as an individual. The management cares for you and your family, as if you were their own. The CEO is so kind, considerate, and generous. Her heart is in it, to help you grow in your career and as a person. She is always there is you need anything. The atmosphere is fun, we have outings and team building events. We laugh and enjoy each others company. If I could work anywhere, it would be here. It is truly one of the best places I have ever been. Thank You Zenex Partners!

Cons

There are no Cons to working here in my eyes.

Keep up the Great Work!!

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Zenex Partners maintains its unwavering commitment to its primary objective of providing excellent staffing services.
    2. A company that rewards hard work and loyalty.
    3. Zenex is led by a dynamic, capable, and fair CEO.
    4. Zenex has always been run with utmost professionalism.
    5. Perhaps its greatest merit is its ability to connect on a personal level with its employees

Cons

My experience at Zenex has been very positive since I stated working here 5 years ago.

Excellent Company to Work For

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Zenex Partners is definitely very family oriented. I love the employees here. Everyone is very helpful in every way possible. Open door policy is always available for opinions and suggestions. The work environment is very welcoming each day that I would come into work, this is practically my other home. Our CEO is very giving. We would ge spot bonuses and often get company lunches just because.

Cons

Could not think of anything at the moment

Love I can Get Feedback and Improvements from my managers

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Zenex Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

After working at Zenex for a year, I love that I work with my talented coworkers, each of them has their own special talent to contribute to the success of our company. I love that I can get immediate feedback and improvement from my direct manager and CEO toward my position. Zenex has helped me grow as a technical recruiter.

Cons

nothing I can think of at this time.