Zenprise Reviews

3.2

Amit Pandey

Neck break pace from time to time but overall very good environment

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Responsive senior management. Daily dinners, beautiful campus next to shores.

Cons

Hectic, can be hard to manage balanced work life

Keep doing what you are doing

Run Away.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Zenprise investrs and VC's cashed out in Jan 2013.
    No chance now of the company running out of capital now.

Job security for the mediocre.

Cons

No vision. No product integration. Huge bureaucratic infrastructure on top of the incompetent middle management.

Now that you have the cash from the MDM property flip to Citrix, isn't it about time you stepped aside and let the professionals do their job?

Constant challenge, personal growth, and a wealth of opportunities

Current Employee - Manager of Lead Development, Sales Operations, and CRM  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager of Lead Development, Sales Operations, and CRM in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise

Pros

-Great experience building opportunity and career growth potential
    -Fantastic culture and work environment, plus benefits
    -Strong leadership with experience and vision

Cons

-No shortage of things to do (e.g. lots of work), meaning I have to be diligent about maintaining a work/life balance

Keep up what you're doing! Try not to have board meetings so often.

Invest in more sales and marketing to deliver a great product to future clients who don't yet realize that we exist.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Collaborative environment, transparent management, mutual respect - overall excellent experience.

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise

Pros

Strong collaboration, transparent management, shared goals, team spirit, appreciation for hard work

Cons

Hard market to be in (many well-funded competitors)

Stay focused and outsmart the competitors

Renewed focus and new funding--a great place to work!

Current Employee - Sr. Manager  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sr. Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise

Pros

Management team is laser focused on being the market leader. Results from Gartner critical capabilities put Zenprise at the top and this is fueling interest from analysts and top companies. Management is doing a great job focusing on the right things, including hiring great people. I like the people I work with and the overall attitude of the team. I like the opportunity that the company has and our chances we have for success.

Cons

Like any startup, there are processes or benefits that just aren't as mature as they will need to be in the future. I think this is changing for the better with recent updates to health and benefits that are coming. The new location is beautiful, but it's a little off the beaten path.

Keep focused and take advantage of the opportunity. Maintain a strong engineering mindset and balance the request for highly custom features with meeting baseline requirements for the market space.

Confusing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Zenprise

Pros

Can't think of any at the moment.

Cons

no real focus, poor sales, burn rate compared to sales really bad, forecasting by sales and managment is a real joke.

start over and assemble a real executive staff.

"Run and Don't look Back!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Zenprise

Pros

Friday Lunch & Cold Drinking Water in the Kitchen

Cons

I know that signing with this firm was a mistake. This company missed its sales target by 20% in the first quarter of 2009 and now all non-managerial staff is getting a 5% pay reduction effective immediately. This is a bad sign. Management is getting a 10 salary reduction effective immediately. Mind you, the office manager of 5 years left about 1 month ago and she is probably not going to get replaced.

This is extremely bad for morale and will have an effect on employee performance !!!....Either Management is not telling employees the Full Story or the company's Burn Rate is very High.

This is very unsettling for all non-sales staff who are not making ALOT of money. For the smug sales people who make base + commission and are averaging more than 100K, what is 5% to them?

The pay reduction for management only means less trust fund money for their kids. But, for the rest of the firm who is underpaid, 5% will have an effect on those people's budgets!

Its a sad day for Zenprise ....this firm is sinking and employer-employee trust has been breached.

Reward your employees

"Zenprise is its own worst enemy; because the culture does not promote information sharing the firm suffers"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Zenprise

Pros

Location, Hours, Proximity to SF

Cons

1. Weak Centralized Leadership - This firm is a typical Silicon Valley Startup; the mentality is to pitch to VCs to get as much possible for financial support. There is no focus on making the internal processes stronger so that the company can make it to the next level.

2. No Corporate Identity - There is no unity between departments; I felt like I worked for a different company than many of the folks over there. Even though my cube was near many other employees, some of the folks would walk by me in the halls & in the kitchen like I was not even there. Thats interesting given the fact that this firm only has @50 people!

3. One Way Communication - The managers do not encourage their reports to develop new ideas or give them a platform to express themselves. Communication flows one way - Down.

4. Poor to Non-Existant Documentation - The firm does not promote internal documentation for workers. This with the fact that there is no training makes it difficult to navigate through this firm to understand the product. The Engineers have to become less jealous of the information that they possess and more willing to share their knowledge.

"Promote Internal Communication"

Worked for Zenprise? Contribute to the Community!