ZeroTurnaround

Jevgeni Kabanov

Great Entry-Level Experience

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at ZeroTurnaround full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As ZT was in true startup mode, exposure to many different sales processes, operations, and growing pains provided an excellent opportunity to learn a lot about the business world in a short time, especially for someone just entering the work force. A supportive team of employees around you made you feel like you contributed and were a valued member of the team. Great product(s) with great support. As overused as the expression is, a work-hard play-hard mentality is employed everyday.

Cons

As a startup, the hours tended to be very long which made it very difficult for anyone living outside the city to maintain any sort of work/life balance. With a lot of young employees there was a lot of unnecessary drama, making things feel a bit like High School politics at times.

Solid career step

Current Employee - BDR
    Current Employee - BDR

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-opportunity for growth
    -great product with no legitimate competitors
    -easy to learn and absorb sales techniques

Cons

-long hours
    -its sales and can be discouraging if you're struggling

Keep doing what you're doing.

Welcoming environment providing employees with a great opportunity for growth

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office is filled with great people, contributing to the amazing company culture. All employees are open to helping others and even as a new employee it is easy to feel welcome right away. The energy throughout the company is high and senior management is awesome in encouraging all employees to continue working hard throughout the day. The company offers employees an extraordinary opportunity for growth and it is clear management wants to see everyone succeed. Each employee is part of a small team of about six people which allows for great collaboration. I will definitely recommend this job to others who are looking for a sales position.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the long hours, however that is something that typically comes with a sales job and the day still goes by very fast.

Entry level sales position in a great environment with plenty of room to grow

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is exactly what I was looking for in an entry level sales position. I came in with no sales experience and have been able to see myself grow much faster than I could have expected. The environment is fast based and always interesting. It is great how the teams are set up, it feels like a small family. The company has grown extremely fast as a whole which is always a good sign for things to come. I would, and have recommended this job to others.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone, especially people who don't like to get into the office early in the morning. Everyones in the office and ready to go by 7:30.

I would like to see us continue the same small company feel for as long as possible. Not an easy task with so much expansion.

One of a kind career growth and leadership opportunuity

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

Ability to grow extremely fast within a transparent metrics driven team. Tons of hands on training and access to Sr Management. Opportunity to work with great people who push each other to get better. Above average compensation as you grow.

Cons

If your looking for a job and not a career/life changing opportunity the hours, coaching and expectations can be intimidating.

The most difficult and rewarding thing I've ever done.

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unbelievable growth potential. If you work hard, you can realistically triple your pay within a year.

Great team. People routinely hang out after work even after working a long day. There are regular company-sponsored parties, happy hours, a beer fridge, team lunch every Friday, and a ping pong table in the game room.

You will learn skills in your first few months that will help you throughout your entire career.

Cons

The job is difficult and stressful. If you aren't prepared to put in long hours and make a lot of cold calls, this job isn't for you.

My only advice to upper management is to make sure the company culture doesn't get lost with rapid growth.

Great people, great company

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for growth/promotion - and quickly, with lots of contests/incentives especially for the newer employees. Management very easy to talk to and share ideas with, from team leads to CEO. Fun atmosphere where success is recognized all the time. Coworkers regularly hang out after work hours - even after spending 50-55+ hours/week with the same people. Standard benefits, with extra perks like a beer fridge, happy hours, cornhole/ping pong, etc.

Cons

It's not for everyone - long hours, and can be stressful if you're not doing well. If you can't handle making sales calls, don't take a sales job. If you don't like listening to music, stepping up to challenges, being recognized for your work and recognizing others', go somewhere else.

A constant frat party

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

Young and driven but being worn down.

Cons

Management is secretive and impulsive, and the workplace is very political for a small company. Also expected to make sales calls every day in loud music and nothing else. Not sure how this job is going to help me and anyone else progress.

It's a lot.

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround full-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth is very apparent. Staff in higher positions are approachable and easy to talk with about way to improve. You know where you stand in terms of you performance.

Cons

Long hours can eat away at you. The transparency can give you anxiety to perform better than others. Goals are not unreachable, but there is a pressure to perform and failure is not an option there. Loud music all the time so you can barely hear anyone you're speaking with on the phone. Constant clapping for others success can be frustrating as well.

I think a more flexible schedule is important rather than hammering down on 730-530.

Opportunities are Endless

I have been working at ZeroTurnaround

Pros

The opportunity and growth is undeniable. The team culture here is awesome. You learn so many different skills from your surrounding peers. You have a name and a voice!

Cons

The hours are long and it's work