Zeta Interactive

Updated January 31, 2015
Updated January 31, 2015
3.6

David A. Steinberg

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment (in 3 reviews)

• Work environment is laid back and can be pretty fun at times (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management changes the decisions very often (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management is terrible this is felt from many different levels, almost feels like your working for a dictatorship (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

My anniversary coincides with the holidays. I just completed my first year and I couldn't be happier.

Current Employee - Tech Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tech Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am a senior team member so I get the benefit of looking upward and also downward. I have never seen a team so committed to executing on plan in my life. I come from Fortune 500 companies and the drive here at Zeta is unmatched. We communicate well but don't overdo the meetings. We match each other's pace across our offices even though we span the globe. We are lean and mean and everyone is a doer with a capital D. You don't see that in many places.

Cons

Notwithstanding the pros above, not all is perfect at Zeta. The business we are in is very tough. The expectations are high. There is upside and downside on every decision. That is a pressure not all can handle. With empowerment comes responsibility and that can make people uncomfortable.

Keep setting high expectations and hiring the people who can meet those expectations. Avoid mediocrity.

Fast-growing company, great opportunity for those who are entrepreneurial

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Zeta has experienced explosive growth over the last three years and is primed to continue to grow
    - Outstanding development on the product side
    - A list client base
    - Merit-based opportunity to grow

Cons

- This company isn't for everyone. Those who are looking to punch the clock need not apply as this company is a meritocracy and rewards hard work, creativity and success
    - Zeta is a bit no-frills, so you wont get some of the "gloss" that you may see at other ad-tech companies like fancy offices and assorted swag but still have regular lunches in a cool new space, good benefits, opportunity for career growth and development, etc

Keep at it - Zeta has changed a lot over the last 18 months and is quickly becoming a special company

I've been working full time at Zeta Interactive for more than 3 years

Current Employee - Director of Facilities in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Facilities in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a great team and culture at Zeta Interactive. Team members have unmatched skill set in variety of fields and "Being tenacious and always able to pivot" is our motto. Online marketing industry is evolving rapidly and we are always strive to exceed expectations. I am very proud to be in Zeta Team.

Cons

We are fast-paced team handling tasks and challenges from all directions all the time. Personal growth and skill set growth has been tremendous since I started working here.

Zeta Interactive is an excellent 'entrepreneur-esque' company to grow your career as a businessperson.

Current Employee - Account Manager/Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive

Pros

Zeta Interactive allows successful employees and self-starters the freedom to 'create your own destiny' - if you have a great idea that potentially makes or saves the company money, mgmt will give you the resources to make it happen. The atmosphere is truly entrepreneurial. You have the ability to learn all aspects of business, 2 years here is worth WAY more than any MBA program will ever teach you. Company has excellent motivated and focused employees with high growth aspirations!

Cons

Based in Midtown NYC, not best location

Fast Growing Company with Culture of Excellence and Entrepreneurship

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Zeta has grown very fast over the past couple years and is larger and more profitable than most of the ad tech companies that you hear buzzed about in the ad tech industry. The scale, profitability and pace of growth make being at Zeta an amazing and unique opportunity. Zeta's success is largely due to the culture of performance and entrepreneurship. There are amazing people at the company, who are the best in the industry at what they do, and who are given the tools they need to succeed.

Cons

Working in a high performance organization also means that the expectations are high. While most people like the idea of working in a high performance organization, few have the experience of it. It is rewarding, but challenging and not for everyone.

An aggressive, opportunistic, fast moving company with a unique business model where employees can make an impact.

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decisions are made quickly rather than not at all. Not everything is figured out - those that want to have a hand in company development can dig in and make a difference.

Cons

Not everyone takes advantage of opportunities to empower themselves and do things better/differently.

More competitive benefit package to ensure top talent retention and acquisition.

High performing culture that empowers people to succeed

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Zeta for over 4 years and have seen it evolve through changing market conditions, successful acquisitions, more than one strategic pivot, and management changes. What encourages me more than anything is the ability that Zeta's leadership team has to be resilient, Flexible, and to pursue opportunities that make sense for the business. You will not find a more entrepreneurial company that also understands how to build a culture that is motivated to drive consistent results.

Zeta allows high performing employees to excel, to grow in a way that I have not experienced any where else in my 15 Year + career. What Zeta understands is how to empower leaders whether they are in a position to run a P&L or whether you are on the front line delivering for clients. Make no mistake. Zeta is a culture that rewards high performing individuals - those who aren't able to meet expectations tend to move on. If you work smart, stay focused and err on the side of execution - you will find an incredible home at Zeta as I have done.

Cons

As the company continues to grow and evolve across multiple continents, communication will remain to be a key opportunity and challenge. There are 100s of talented people in the organization and it is important that smart ideas are heard and implemented.

Stay flexible, stay resilient, stay entrepreneurial, communicate often.

Fast growing company with great career opportunities

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Zeta is a great company to work for and it is growing very rapidly! The growth creates many career opportunities and I've seen many people moving to a different position, team or being promoted from within. It's empowering and encouraging to see how the company had transformed within the last year and still preserved its entrepreneurial start-up culture.

Everyone at Zeta is very friendly and the environment is laid back. Senior management is hands on, supportive and they are never afraid of getting their hands dirty.

Cons

Communication across different offices can be better, and it already has. It's actually a good problem to have as it just speaks to the challenges of working at a fast growing/expanding company.

Continue being transparent about the company; it makes people from all levels/offices valued and involved.

Lots of Responsibility. Fast-paced. Fun People.

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Teams are very close-knit, but everyone works across shared groups very well to the benefit of the business (design, tech, product, etc). You are well incentivized to perform at the top of your game and generate revenue, and Zeta offers among the best compensation in the industry, even if they don't publicized it (agencies don't even compare). You have the opportunity to prove your value very early on b/c you will be given a ton of responsibility. If you're a rockstar, you can advance here very rapidly. A low tolerance for slackers keeps everyone feeling valuable. Management is very skilled, yet receptive to new ideas at all levels. Above all, the company values innovation and things are constantly evolving, so you're not doing the same thing every day. Catered lunches once a week...

Cons

If you're in a revenue generating role, expect to be very well compensated but have long, stressful days and emails flying around the clock. If you're in an internal support role, you will be pushed hard to get a million things done for sales/product/marketing teams, but urgency is part of the culture. Some group managers are so focused on the team P&L that professional development can sometimes take a back seat. The company is quick to fire mediocre workers, so if you're slow to catch on, you won't last.

Offer a better dental plan.

Execution + Innovation

Current Employee - Management in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A meritocratic culture; there is a very fast and effective feedback loop at Zeta. Regardless of title or seniority, excellent performance is both recognized and rewarded in real time. Zeta's DNA is operational excellence and effective execution. The company has a flat organizational structure, and does not tolerate bureaucracy or mediocrity. There is a healthy focus on attacking problems, rather than colleagues, and I've seen a consistent focus on identifying creative solutions, rather than dwelling on problems.

Cons

None I've identified to date.

Zeta has a desirable challenge to solve for: hyper growth. It will be key for management to continue to develop the processes and procedures that support, rather than hinder that growth. Based on my 13 month tenure to date, I'm quite confident this will happen.

Zeta Interactive Photos