Zeta Interactive Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
David A. Steinberg

Pros
  • Good pay, good benefits, some really great clients (in 3 reviews)

• Work environment is laid back and can be pretty fun at times (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management changes the decisions very often (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management is terrible this is felt from many different levels, almost feels like your working for a dictatorship (in 3 reviews)

An opportunity to push yourself and grow with the company. Sky's the limit

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zeta Interactive is fast moving, exciting and provides unlimited potential for employees to exceed their professional potential. I sound like posted child...but it's true. I've been with this company for about 18 months and am so impressed with the amount of responsibility I have earned and carry to help this company more forward. If you can carry the weight, prove your ability to deliver and show passion for making a difference, you have unlimited potential and opportunity at Zeta.

Cons

Given that this company is moving so fast, if you're not on the bandwagon, you'll get left behind. You need be flexible and open to change. You won't have the same to do list day in and day out, so the unexpected will happen, you just need to be ready for it.

Advice to Management

Communicate the vision to employees. Knowledge is power, the more you share, the more excited people will be to support your vision.

Horrible Conditions...

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time

Pros

Food on fridays and soft couches.

Cons

Don't be fooled by the fake reviews, unfortunately it's just not real. I wish it was...truly I wish it was.

Let me be honest - I work for the Youbeauty/YouContent side (owned by Zeta) for quite some time. And this place is a complete mess. The turnover rate is ASTONISHING. If you read absolutely nothing else that I write, just remember that.

The president (the face of the company) and one of the many directors/managers (of YB and YouContent) came into the company and promptly fired anyone that disagreed with them. They proceeded to add new blood, only to have them leave or fire them. The president keeps a distance from the team while only caring for how upper management of Zeta perceives her. Her goal more than anything is to work her way up the Zeta ladder rather than bettering the company. There's no real direction or process to anything. She just tries to wing it and gets easily flustered while continuously changing her mind and blaming others for mistakes that they never made...which isn't how the business should be run. When asked about the issues regarding the company, she maintains that it’s because the of the employees.…There’s more to the situation than just that, and there’s fault everywhere.

One moment the president is positive and happy, a few minutes later she’s upset and stressed, and this is easily seen by the entire company causing morale to be very low. She will and has thrown multiple people under the bus and has loyalty to no one. A president that doesn't understand her employees and lacks the ability to really communicate with them and create structure in a proper professional manner is in no way ready to handle such a responsibility. Adding the agency doesn't help if you yourself aren't able to manage people.

The Directors/Managers (Youbeauty) - they came from other companies that very much also disliked the way they managed and worked. They lash out probably every other day while talking behind others backs and lacks proper leadership skills. They micromanages their team while attempting to control everyone in the room and refuses to set tasks to any type of long-term calendar. Their moods are all over the place, and they spends much of their time upset causing many to be too fearful to come to their with ideas or questions. They’re afraid of others talking about them behind their back, which they are, but maybe they should look into why that is than finding new and improved ways to punish those that are speaking about her….because unfortunately a lot of the people are speaking the truth.

Contentwise, there are typos all over the website and social profiles (apologies if there are typos in this, I’m doing this on my phone.) In the past, editors used to be able to msg them and tell them about these typos, now they are too scared to do this. The constant change in employees greatly affects the website.

The majority of the $$ comes from those sketchy surveys that people take online to win gifts and prizes…not sure if the beauty site makes anything.

HR – Hr at this point in time is just lost. In the beginning they may have had good intentions but I'm not quite sure what she's doing. Gossip is the main way they get info and they doesn’t really understand how the employees feel and many are afraid to even go to her because the majority of what they’re told becomes public information…People have been fired, it has been announced to the company, and then the person is brought back into the company while everyone is there to gather her things. Company morale is low and people are just too scared to say anything because they fear for their jobs.

Btw - this is all based on my opinion.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I think it’s best to really look at these underlying issues and addressing them rather than instilling fear in the employees by issuing a set time to come in every morning and firing people to set an example.

Poor communication skills and lack of experience in management. Anyone can say that they have management skills, but a manger needs to also be respected and liked by their employees in a professional manner. None really have this within company, so if there are some courses or applicants that have this – I feel that there could be a strong change for the better.

Director

I worked at Zeta Interactive full-time

Pros

The company is so immature and disorganized that it takes very little to be a rock star.

Cons

Very unprofessional, rewards bad behavior and lack vision

Advice to Management

Get professional and qualified replacements

This company is what nightmares are made of

Former Employee - Tech in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tech in New York, NY

I worked at Zeta Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good stepping stone to the next place in your career

Cons

Be prepared to be used and abused. Unless you are part of the "in crowd" you will be chewed up and spit out. The level of abuse here will put you in therapy. Their practice is questionable at best. Nothing they say is the truth. I could go on and on but how awful this place is but won't... Purely out of fear. I'm not a 1 person with an issue - they have time and time again proven how awful they are. Drama is around every corner.

Advice to Management

Start over. Be nice to your employees. Don't be evil. (Even though for you that's impossible)

A Company That Has Its Employees' Backs

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people
    Proven ability to predict and adapt to rapidly changing market dynamics
    Kind & compassionate executive management demonstrates tremendous support and commitment to employees well-being
    Commitment to employee professional development

Cons

At times it doesn't appear as if all of the divisions of the company are swimming in the same direction

Advice to Management

Keep chipping away at the hard stuff - unifying the disparate divisions, solidifying and evangelizing the company mission, and living the "clients over campaigns" ethos

Very challenging. Very Rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zeta is a very challenging, and very rewarding, place to work. It is a company that moves extremely fast and continues to evolve in order to keep pace with the changing marketplace. This evolution requires its employees to think like business owners - anticipate client needs, adapt quickly, and sometimes step outside their comfort zone in order to meet a challenge.
    For some people (myself included), this creates an exciting environment that forces you to get better. To get smarter. It provides tangible results in the form of career advancement, personal and professional growth, and compensation. The people that do well here are smart, motivated, and able to see the forest for the trees.

Cons

For some people, the pace is too much. To them, the evolution of the company feels more like a lack of direction. The challenges feel more like barriers. The opportunities feel more like ambiguity. They get frustrated or overwhelmed and leave. Zeta is certainly not for everyone. But for the right people, it will sharpen your abilities, reward you for hard work, and prepare you well for whatever comes next.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a collaborative culture. The company has come a long way in the last couple years, and needs to build on that momentum.

A company that LIES on Glassdoor and does NOT have their Employees' Back

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to leave at the end of day and occasionally there is a 'happy hour' with fellow employees that are as miserable as you.

Cons

The company is poorly run and it all starts from the top. The management is the worst I ever seen. Employees are routinely yelled at, berated and criticized in front of other employees making it a hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Stop yelling at employees in front of everyone. Show some manners. You were once in our position.

Director, Strategic Accounts

Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, sales oriented marketing.

Cons

Lack of communication, leadership.

Looks good from far but far from good

I have been working at Zeta Interactive

Pros

Some employees truly know the business and these are the ones you can learn from

Cons

Unfortunately I took this job not too long ago and was surprised that this company was far from what I was expecting. I tried to do my research before taking this job but I am so upset that I feel like I was lied to.

Where do I begin? The leadership of this place is a joke, management team is afraid to make any decisions that is good for the overall benefit of the company because it might upset the CEO, who runs the place like a dictatorship. Speaking to a few colleagues of mine here, I understand this is just the way it is here and no one really can do anything about it besides finding a new job. The way things work here leads me to believe that employees have no true vision of where the company is going but only do things because they are afraid of being humiliated or yelled at.

Zeta always had a bad name in the industry but now that I can see why. Operationally they are not held to the highest of standards in the way they work.

HR wise, there are many unethical problems this company faces (read the real reviews below). Company morale is low and ppl are so afraid for their jobs they can never speak up because of all the horror stories they hear.

Career growth is nonexistent. If you are not performing well, no one guides you or tells you what you are doing wrong and you are just fired, mainly bc a) no one cares about your growth and b) other people are just worried about themselves

Advice to Management

Lets be honest with one another and let this be the way to build this company up!

Fast-growing company, great opportunity for those who are entrepreneurial

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Zeta Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Zeta has experienced explosive growth over the last three years and is primed to continue to grow
    - Outstanding development on the product side
    - A list client base
    - Merit-based opportunity to grow

Cons

- This company isn't for everyone. Those who are looking to punch the clock need not apply as this company is a meritocracy and rewards hard work, creativity and success
    - Zeta is a bit no-frills, so you wont get some of the "gloss" that you may see at other ad-tech companies like fancy offices and assorted swag but still have regular lunches in a cool new space, good benefits, opportunity for career growth and development, etc

Advice to Management

Keep at it - Zeta has changed a lot over the last 18 months and is quickly becoming a special company

RSS Feed </> Embed