Zetec

1 Rating

Technical project manager

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Snoqualmie, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Zetec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people working with the tools we delivered. They are dedicated and interested in performing excellent, honest work.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a future in the technology, simply put. The management struggled to perform, and there was no opportunity to advance.

Short Term Mentality

I worked at Zetec full-time

Pros

Nice people, excellent work-life balance, nice facilities, beautiful location. Easy to get time off, very easy-going in that respect.

Cons

Zetec is managed by a holding corporation on the other side of the country. The holding corporation doesn't seem to really understand the industry and doesn't care about the people who depend on the company for jobs. They only care about the books and quarterly profits. They will lay people off if numbers aren't met, even if the personnel were essential. Bottom line, morale isn't the best.

Use a little more long term thinking, don't be so obvious about quarterly profits and layoffs. Good solid companies don't need to worry about that if they have a well-thought long term strategy.

Morale is gone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Zetec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Zetec has a pretty good 401k match. Employees can buy Roper stock at a discount rate.

Cons

The management has no clear vision for the future of the company. Merit increases don't keep up with the cost of living. Regular layoffs for the last five years. When Roper bought the company they took away all the fringe benefits that made working a Zetec nice, they called it "plucking the low hanging fruit". I witnessed an employee physically drag a woman back to her desk. I saw a new employee bullied for over a year, he was laid off shortly after taking his complaints to HR. I overheard hateful comments about homosexuals.

A company can't run off managers alone; if you keep laying off workers you won't have anyone to manage.

Loved working enviorment and enjoyed working overtime..

Former Employee - Machinist Helper in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Machinist Helper in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Zetec full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Loved working the early morning shift to find that I could still schedule Dr. appt. w/out missing work.

Cons

Getting laid of just broke my heart...lost my Zetec family and great working conditions with lots of great hard working co-workers

Should have never outsourced our work...then alot of employees could have had their jobs saved