Zhone Technologies

Add Photos

Zhone Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Mory Ejabat

Mory Ejabat

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

OK place to gain different experience

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zhone Technologies full-time

ProsAlmost no politics (except probably in higher management); exposed to various access technologies; flexible working hours (even working from home sometimes); free sodas; free lunch every friday; relatively quiet environment;

ConsExpect only salary as the source of income (plus benefits). No bonus, no 401k match, no raise, rubbish stock price, stagnant IT facilities (imagine using a pentium4 to develop software with the first generation 15" LCD screen in a cubicle shared with another coworker); horrible software engineering process (no design docs, inefficient code commit)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management needs more active in finding a road map. What, Where and when the company to be in 1,3,5 years and create strategies to achieve that.

Literally depressing

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

I worked at Zhone Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some smart engineers at this company. Management orders in pizza on Fridays.

ConsWorst job I've ever had. Atmosphere is noisy and boisterous. Difficult to concentrate. Employees are arrogant and have open contempt for their customers. I've heard a product manager call his customers "idiots". On Sundays, as I contemplated returning to work at Zhone, I would slide into a depression that would last all week. Friday afternoons it would begin to lift. One of my happiest days was the day I quit this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to create an atmosphere of cooperation and friendliness instead of a culture of hired guns who hate their customers.

Worst place I've ever worked

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zhone Technologies

ProsSome of the smartest people I've ever worked with are employed here

ConsAbsolutely the most oppressive environment I have ever worked. The stock grants are a joke since they are continuously reverse split into nothing.

Worked for Zhone Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zhone Technologies reviews and ratings in Oakland, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zhone Technologies CEO Mory Ejabat. All reviews posted anonymously by Zhone Technologies employees.