Zillow Reviews

Fantastic Team, Great Culture, Integrity & More

Former Employee - Editor, Mortgages Unzipped, GeekEstate Blogs in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Editor, Mortgages Unzipped, GeekEstate Blogs in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow

Pros

Before working at Zillow as Blog Editor, I spent time getting to know them through blog interviews, spending time at conferences and more. Rich Barton's previous experience must have given him a tremendously keen eye for talent. Every person I came in contact with impressed me at all levels. I had the opportunity to work briefly with Zillow Group's CEO, Spencer Rascoff. He is a consummate professional and THE most genuine of any person I have met in any C suite. They care deeply about their clients and the consumers that use their products.

Cons

Like any organization comparable to Zillow, I am certain there are some things that someone would see as a negative. I honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring sharp people, stay transparent and build on the tremendous customer service platform.

Zillow Response

May 25, 2015 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate it. I'm so glad that you had a good experience at Zillow.

Great Company

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay structure- and all of the managers are from inside.

Cons

The job will tend to become your life, and the daily grind can be stressful

Advice to Management

Turn off the music

Z Customer Support team

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-lots of food -open to asks questions -team bonding events -Spencer is cool

Cons

felt like I was in high school again. I also noticed a trend of them getting rid of all the colored people. Felt like I was being harassed weekly by my team lead!

Advice to Management

Don't pretend to care, show favorites and pretend to be open to questions when you know u don't want to be asked anything!

Zillow Response

May 25, 2015 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for saying I am cool - I appreciate that. But the rest of what you wrote is very concerning and upsetting to me. We have many talented people at Zillow from all different ethnic ... More

Great work encironemnt

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Catered food, fresh fruit, transparent culture, fun

Cons

Too much food and lots of snacks (not really a bad thing)

Zillow Response

Apr 30, 2015 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the review!

Best company to work for. Period.

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

1) No company cares and values its employees like Zillow. It has amazing work culture and transparency 2) Challenging and exciting work, there are always new stuff to work on 3) Great office views, social events and training initiatives

Cons

Very horizontal hierarchy, which is nice to some extent but less opportunities to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.

Zillow Response

Apr 29, 2015 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you are enjoying your work here.

Stay away!!!

I worked at Zillow

Pros

Honestly, it's hard to come up with any

Cons

Where to start: Zillow was the worst experience of my professional career. I made the jump to Zillow because my to-be manager told me in the interview that, "everyone wants Zillow" and we would dominate the market. Completely not true. Not only were our goals too high, but they were the same as every other market in the country. My market has one of the best conditions in the country, and it's completely unreasonable to be held to such high marks. On top of that, reps were able to sell wherever they want. I spoke to management a few times about reps selling in my territory, but it kept happening. Outside of the day-to-day, the worst part of Zillow was interacting with my manager. He was unprofessional to a degree I have never experienced. We had weekly sales contests at the end of my tenure, and he did not allow me to participate in them, while other reps were able to. When I was let go, he didn't have the professional courtesy to tell me directly, but had his boss do it for him. Be a professional!!!

Advice to Management

Take a look at your management. Leadership needs to be addressed. I was shocked that I was treated in such a manner by such a well-known brand.

Associate Account Manager

Former Employee - Associate Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Associate Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job, fun coworkers (on your direct team)

Cons

Upper-management doesn't want lower-level employees to succeed, low pay, sexual-harassment on the sales floor

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Hire people with less ambitions if you don't want to support them professionally.

May 13, 2015 – VP, Sales Strategy and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. We have many examples where people started out as Associate Account Managers and progressed significantly in their career at Zillow. I am sorry this did not happen for ... More

I was an account manager for their online marketing team

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

Free food, great people, laid back culture and atmosphere. The products are immeasurable and very easy to get to know in order to motivate and teach the public.

Cons

Not much availability to move around and/or up in the company quickly. I wish there was more motivational coaching to make more people leaders in the company.

Advice to Management

More leadership coaching will be key to increasing the success of the company overall. Amazon.com instills leadership principles and qualities from a model that I believe all companies should follow.

Apr 16, 2015 – HR Director

Thank you for your constructive feedback. At Zillow we pride ourselves on our commitment to core values and have integrated these into how we recognize and reward performance at every level of the ... More

ISC Sales

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

Crazy good benefits and a CEO who listens to everyone from the ground up. He actually gives his cell phone out for people to text him with anything. Some of the most supportive and enthusiastic sales people I have ever worked with. I made 6 figures now at then end of my first year.

Cons

If you don't like to work your tail off it is not for you.

Advice to Management

The new sales director in OC is amazing . I would love to see more transparency in compensation and promotions from OC.

If you have the opportunity to work for Zillow, I say Go For It.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair and honest management team that cares about the company culture more than almost anything else. Lots of free food on hand at all times, catered lunches and off work activities. Great set of benefits, best I've seen. Overall friendly working environment, in a class A office space. Not stingy on employee perks.

Cons

Comp plan too complicated and bonuses favor reps with more seniority.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I for one appreciate all you do for your employees.

Apr 9, 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your Zillow experience. I'm glad to hear how much you appreciate the culture you've helped create in the OC! We regularly review the comp plan to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed