Zillow Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

It's the people that make this company great - Highly intelligent, fun, devoted people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Zillow a little over 2 and a half months now. However it feels like I've been here forever?! It's definitely a good kind of feeling - people here are so friendly that you make friends right off the bat. More importantly, the employees who have been here for a while are extremely experienced and have so much knowledge to offer that there's always something new to learn everyday - it's never ending! It's an open atmosphere where people challenge each other and valuable information is translated across and created on a daily basis. Besides, there's no better way to enjoy all the awesome free food over great conversations with none other than your fellow Zcolleagues - it's the people that make Zillow great.

Cons

None at all! But we should have instructions on how to change the milk / empty grounds at the Starbucks machine for newbies like me! And YES - I googled it and am proud of it!

Advice to Management

[Regardless of my short time here] Keep up the great work. I'm really enjoying the entrepreneurial spirit here even though Zillow has been growing at such a rapid pace - I hope it stays this way!

Overall great company, not great locally.

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is amazing and you can see his vision and passion for his company. People are very knowledgeable and helpful, in Seattle. The benefits are great. The speakers that they bring in are encouraging. Spencer, the ceo, is accessible, unlike other companies.

Cons

The Lincoln office was run like a good old boys club. If you question anything they will find a reason to let you go. If I could have trnsfered to the Seattle office, it would have been the best job I ever had.

Advice to Management

My advise would be to have more communication between the two offices.

Feb 9, 2015VP, Mortgages

I'm sorry you felt that way about the Lincoln office when you were there. Over the past year, we've made a lot of changes that I think you might find have changed the local office culture for the ... More

Building something great, and having a great time doing it

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inspiring leadership.
    Amazing colleagues.
    All kinds of opportunities.
    Great benefits, from pay and insurance to free soda, meals, and more.
    You will feel valued.

Cons

Startup ways of getting things done don't always scale. Opportunity now is to build process without becoming a prisoner to it.

Read this review and you will get the complete truth behind Zillow Sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The NUMBER ONE thing I love about working at Zillow is the culture and the people. You get all the fancy stuff like catered lunches, happy hours, unlimited snacks and drinks, unexpected Zillow trips out and an amazing Holiday party in Seattle... but I could not imagine my work life without all the amazing Zillowites I get to spend my day with. At Zillow, there is so much camaraderie and support, each and every person WANTS you to succeed. The benefits are AMAZING and more importantly, the room for growth is substantial. The best part is upper management has all started as a sales rep. They know the ups and downs you go through so there is nothing that they can't help you with. Upper management asks for advice on how to improve and what the "little guys" want / are unhappy about and ALWAYS implement.

The CEO, CRO, Directors, Managers and all the Execs are the BEST professionals and people I have ever worked with. Period.

Cons

Like any sales job, the job is going to be TOUGH. Some people hate it because they are not cut out to be sales people. Period. You can not determine your role or how well you will do at the job for at least 6 months. Therefore, if you are hardworking, positive and enthusiastic, give yourself time to see how amazing the job and the company really is. You will have to cold call people and get uncomfortable at times... i was fresh out of college when I started little over a year ago. The thing about this sales job is THE PRODUCT WORKS. There is nothing worse than selling a product you don't even believe in. We have THE BEST PRODUCT in the industry... how many people can say that?!? Once you see it work, the conviction in your conversations will sell itself. Most have the initial fear of failing because you have no book of business to work from. You have to start fresh and that is hard and scary... but every day gets easier and you will not have a better support system anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent! You all do a great job of being very approachable and encouraging to be a culture carrier. I never feel like upper management is a tier of people who are intimidating and won't talk to you. I just want to thank all upper management and the managers in the Irvine office for always having my best interest in mind. Even things that affect me outside of work, I know my work family will always be there for me. Just know, as a rep, I am 100% comfortable and inspired each and every day by the management in the Irvine office. You all have "raised" the best people and built an amazing office.

Zillow Response

Dec 12, 2014CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the terrific review - I greatly appreciate it.

Seven Months

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

I absolutely adore this company as a whole. The benefits it has provided for me and my children are unmatched.The atmosphere is incredible and the income potential is unlimited. Best of all the product works and I've seen it changed lives for both friends and family in the real estate business. That in itself is a very difficult thing to find especially in Orange County

Cons

Like any rapidly growing company I think they need to pay more attention to what drives revenue. Don't forget the little guys on the phones pushing the cart ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and make sure everyone has the same opportunity for growth.

Zillow Response

Jan 6, 2015CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for your review. Sounds like you are in our Irvine office where we have about 200 people who work very hard every day to help our advertising real estate agents be successful. We also have ... More

Preach Transparency, Practice Vagueness

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

Great people to work with and great benefits. Speakers come in from other companies to share their ideas and values which I have never experienced elsewhere. Very cool place to work

Cons

I have had one annual review so far and although I got a glowing review my pay increase was well under the national average for 2015. Also, my managers were not able to tell me why my pay increase was so low. So while Zillow prides themselves in being transparent, I have not clue about performance and how I have been evaluated. This makes for a really frustrating outlook in 2015.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get organized quickly. I only had at most 5 solid 1 on 1s in 2014 and I received no feedback on what I could be improving on, always that I was doing a great job. There seems to be little to no room for growth and no matter how hard we work, we seem to be overlooked and undervalued.

Feb 5, 2015HR Director

I’m sorry you feel that you aren’t clear about how your performance and pay was evaluated. At Zillow, we pride ourselves on ensuring that all employees have a clear view around what is expected ... More

Zillow in a nutshell

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

Food, view, people, work life balance, Z Speakers, culture,

Cons

401(K) matching is low, maternity leave is on par with standard which could be much improved

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Feb 3, 2015HR Director

We appreciate your feedback and can assure you that we will continue to evaluate our benefit offerings - including our 401(k) match and family benefits - based on annual input from our employees. Our ... More

9. Awesome atmosphere.

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

The people are really fun to work with.

Cons

They work you to the bone and the compensation isn't amazing.

Awesome place to be

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

Awesome work culture, great co-workers, fast paced, exciting changes, great benefits, nice office space with open layout and great views, catered meals, free coffee/snacks, great work/life balance, growth opportunities

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

Advice to Management

Zillow is a top notch company. I waited to write this review until I have been at Zillow for at least three months so that my review has validity. I come from a completely different background (in fashion) and when I decided to leave that field and start looking for other jobs, I remembered hearing amazing things about Zillow's work culture. I am grateful to have been hired by Zillow and my experience so far exceeded my expectations. Zillow not only promotes a fun and hard working environment, but takes very good care of their employees. I love that our CEO and our founders are relational and transparent.

Zillow Response

Jan 6, 2015CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the great review.
    You have a very hard job - you are on the front lines of our interactions with our users. Frequently, consumers who contact us are upset about something -- their
    ... More

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irvine, CA

I worked at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, location, benefits, training, CEO

Cons

Hours and call count are such high expectations causing very high turnover

Advice to Management

Need to trim down hours and not have 11 hr days sometimes.

RSS Feed </> Embed