Zimmer

Zimmer Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Zimmer President & CEO David Dvorak

David Dvorak

Pros:
  • "We have great products and a lot of great people that work at Zimmer"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Fairly decent work/life balance"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management needs to understand what can be accomplished with the good people here"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Micromanaging senior management who are more tactical than strategic"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

No Scope to Grow for right person. Very dominated by few in top management.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmer full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get your pay check and vacations
Only one company that has lot of job opportunities in the town

ConsVery bad IT management team
Not willing to work here for too long.
Reviews are very much biased and single sided
Layoffs every year based on nothing
Lot of work, but nothing is achieved.
No proper planning
Red tape everywhere
Process to implement a change is more complicated than the change itself. You will spend your life working on the process rather than the change itself. Horrible!!...change management team, who are gate keepers, but behave as CIO of company. Same as with some admin assistants.

This place is dirty and the building does not seem to be like a IT building, have antique coffee maker and microwave. But microwave got replaced with some cheap version as the older one burnt out. The pantry supplies are always very very limited.

only one urinals for the entire IT staff!!!...

Advice to Senior ManagementAdapt to change, keep people who can work not who can play politics.

Not a bad place to work in the Upper MidWest

Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmer full-time for more than a year

ProsProven products, OK technology & proven process. Great co-workers to work with. Many have been there so many yrs or all their adult life. They can't find any job & stay for life.

ConsManagement is horrible. Surprisingly, they never bothered me feedbacks from my co-workers are all negative. Raises are miniscule if you get it at all. All across functions (especially R&D, Mfg, RA, Quality) have been hiring H1B visas from Indian engineers to cut cost. They also brought in busload of interns (dirt-cheap pay) who do nothing but complained, made all kinds of mistakes then left. In the end, it costs more than hiring regular engineers. Shockingly, these interns posted on this board whining about no benefit & even asked mgmnt to relocate headquarter. What a joke! If they dont like it, leave. In the dying Upper MidWest, Zimmer is decent place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up management levels

No confidence in upper management

I have been working at Zimmer

ProsThe people below director level are great to work with. Several good engineers and long-time employees that care about their work. Salary is good.

ConsUpper management has created a toxic environment of backstabbing and cutting corners. They don't listen to or trust any of their employees. Morale is the lowest I've seen anywhere. There is NO career development. It's all about the bottom line even at the sacrifice of quality, which is unethical in this industry. They fire people for trying to do the right thing and blame the employees for their poor decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Wake up and realize that your performance review system is the biggest reason morale is so low. Take a good long look at yourselves, and STOP blaming your employees for your mistakes/poor decisions. Quit running a once-good company into the ground.

good at first but became more difficult by the day. Promise of communication but never happened. Goals were not reviewed

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat money, great prestige, wonderful co-workers, good benefits

ConsNo communication. Felt like I was flying solo.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want someone to do something you should tell them instead of making them guess, or having them choose a course of action without input

Once Upon a Time; Great Company to Work For

Inventory Support (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at Zimmer full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFor the most part great employees. Nice facility. Workers really do care about patients. Always trying to improve and do better.

ConsPoor management: Causing high turn over of these great over-worked employees. Employees are looked upon as surfs, with minimal appreciation nor thanks. Employees who do stay, are afraid of loosing their jobs.

Hint: Instead of outsourcing jobs, design some robots. This will appease the stock holders and in the long run may save some money.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back on track! Remember the old saying: "What comes around goes around", or you may find the door hitting you in the you know where.

Learn how to make S&I budgets work for the good of the company, not against it. Can't sell from an empty wagon.

Today you may be a proud peacock, tomorrow you may be a feather duster.

Sr quality engineer II

Senior Quality Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmer full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits, despite is big doesn't feel like it

ConsPeople in management positions don't have the skills, demotivation environment

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about people

Poor Leadership

I have been working at Zimmer full-time

ProsEmployees do their best despite poor leadership

ConsLeaders blame employees and don't take accountability for change initiatives. Low level of trust, role confusion, toxic culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate enabling conditions and take care of your teams

Poor poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Zimmer

ProsBenefits and salary are good. Working environment is acceptable. Not many pros to write about after you talk about benefits.

ConsRun by poor management financial only. Management creates feuds between people to create enthusiasm which causes people to not be team members.

Don't Bother

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmer full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood pay ,not much else can be said except negative ,collapse of any values under CEO

ConsBack stabbing, poor leadership, Dvorack Clueless, was a strong good company under Ray Elliott ,no values

Advice to Senior Managementquit

13 years in .....Company/Industry in peril....

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmer full-time

ProsGreat Products. At least there is a qualified person at the helm, trying to give the board some good info on how to run a company before "number one" runs it into the ground.

ConsNo Career path. Extraordinarily poor management. They don't listen, and nothing ever changes. Robbing peter to pay paul is not sustainable long term, and definitely not a business strategy. Although our new leader is trying to rectify years and years of mismanagement, it could be too little too late.. Its been bad for 5+ years and it keeps getting worse. Inventory system is terrible....you need what you need, when you need it....end of story! Morale is bad and most people are not happy.

Culture: Corporate middle management, distributors and their management chew up substantial amounts of revenue when reinvestment in the business is slim to none. They pay the bill at restaurants(if they can't figure out how to pawn it off on the sales force attending the dinner), fly around all over the place to do nothing at meetings, and never have an answer to any question one could ask related to the core business. However, there is not enough inventory and the people that could answer questions no longer work for Zimmer.

When Average selling price is going down year after year, failing to adapt is still failure. We work twice as hard for less and the distributor/company keeps more.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease wake up, your ruining a great company where people used to be happy. Lets focus on patients, customers, and sales.......not appeasing investors and the board of directors. Your making bad choices and you can't keep covering. Most of all...We can't sell what we don't have. Your running your people into the ground. Unsustainable is the only word that comes to mind. If you get an offer, think twice before taking this job.....it'll change your life.

Worked for Zimmer? Contribute to the Community!

Zimmer Videos

Zimmer – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​​​About Zimmer​​​​​​​​ Zimmer is a world leader in musculoskeletal health. We're creators of innovative and personalized joint replacement technologies. After nearly a century, we remain true to our purpose of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zimmer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zimmer CEO David Dvorak. All 164 reviews posted anonymously by Zimmer employees.