Zimmer

Zimmer Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Zimmer President & CEO David Dvorak

David Dvorak

Pros
  • We have great products and a lot of great people that work at Zimmer(in 15 reviews)

• Fairly decent work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has created a toxic environment of backstabbing and cutting corners(in 14 reviews)

• Micromanaging senior management who are more tactical than strategic(in 8 reviews)

Good start

ProsGreat people. Management really cares about employees. Good if you are interested in the medical field.

ConsHad a great experience working with this company. No cons

My experience with Zimmer has been mediocre. For the medical device industry, I think they are a solid company.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsWell known company with great benefits. Most of the indirect distributors have now been taken over by corporate, cutting commissions significantly. Great products that I believe in.

ConsCorporate takes forever to do anything. In the industry in general as a medical device rep, work-life balance can be very poor, this is not inclusive to Zimmer. A lot of inventory issues going on right now.

Great environment to work

Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsZimmer is a great place to work and learn. Management is supportive and motives to perform to your best. Enjoying working with friendly colleagues.

ConsNothing bad . . .

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work with a very humble culture

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsEmployees have a great sense of purpose in working here.
    A competitive compensation & benefits package
    Strong recent financial performance - leading to great opportunities in near-term

ConsWe need to have a stronger sense of urgency
    We need stronger leaders who are actual leaders - being able to provide candid feedback, while still treating people like humans.
    Need to hold employees/managers accountable

My experience at Zimmer was fantastic- I grew professionally, was given responsibility, and met many wonderful people.

Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsZimmer's work culture in Sales Logistics has a fast-paced but caring environment. I think this is true of the company as a whole, too, but I know my department best. You have the chance to work hard and learn a lot, if you're up to the task. Compensation is good and there are many experienced employees to learn from. Additionally, Zimmer is a world-class, global company which offers greater challenges and opportunities for learning at work. I can't imagine a better experience for a young person seeking to learn about corporate Amercia, healthcare, and supply chains.

ConsThe flip side of a fast-paced work culture is that you sometimes work more than the average 40 hour week, but this is not necessarily a con--it just depends on what you're looking for. Zimmer's corporate headquarters in Warsaw, IN is a wonderful town for having a family and enjoying the outdoors, but lacks some of the variety in amenities of larger cities (although Fort Wayne is only 45 minutes away).

High Quality Orthopedics

Development Engineer (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsStructured Work Environment, Knowledgeable senior team members, International/domestic Expansion opportunities, Years of Proven expertise, Contract Pay is excellent for introductory, wonderful learning experience

ConsWarsaw Living can be difficult for the hub of Orthopedics,
    Most of the Cons stem from the contracting situation (Pay (Not bad), Job Security, Contract Length)

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be for management to regulate the contact employees to ensure they are busy at all times (Some can be easily distracted) and make sure all management is on the same page (having the same goals in mind)

Contract development Engineer

Development Engineer (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsI work as a contract develoment engineer. Contractors have decent pay.

ConsContractors aren't allowed to use Zimmer gyms or changing rooms, almost no benefits. "Suggested" 50 hour weeks.

Action-oriented, Surgeon first culture!

Field Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsNever bored! I face new challenges every day with lots of areas to drive improvement in operations for the organization. My leaders are very receptive and open to suggestions!

ConsData is not easily accesible or user-friendly. I spend a lot of time validating whether data is accurate or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in documenting process. Improve work-life balance by allowing opportunities to work remotely once in a while. I don't want to miss family events and kids' soccer games because I am commuting to get to the small town of Warsaw, IN!

Amazing team members

Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsCoworkers are amazing
    Training is great
    Culture
    Opportunity for growth
    Benefits are amazing

ConsCulture of the complany is changing in a postivie way

Improving

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsSignificant dedication and focus on improving the culture.
    This company will be much stronger in a year.

ConsBeing the biggest means you get held to a higher standard.
    Lots of fire drills.
    Salesforce does not sell new technology. Why would you if you make $400k a year?

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the culture change initiatives
    Eliminate forced rankings
    Reward all team members for great work
    Treat people with respect

Worked for Zimmer? Contribute to the Community!