Zimmer

Zimmer Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Zimmer President & CEO David Dvorak

David Dvorak

Pros
  • We have great products and a lot of great people that work at Zimmer(in 16 reviews)

• Fairly decent work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has created a toxic environment of backstabbing and cutting corners(in 14 reviews)

• Micromanaging senior management who are more tactical than strategic(in 8 reviews)

My experience at Zimmer was fantastic- I grew professionally, was given responsibility, and met many wonderful people.

Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsZimmer's work culture in Sales Logistics has a fast-paced but caring environment. I think this is true of the company as a whole, too, but I know my department best. You have the chance to work hard and learn a lot, if you're up to the task. Compensation is good and there are many experienced employees to learn from. Additionally, Zimmer is a world-class, global company which offers greater challenges and opportunities for learning at work. I can't imagine a better experience for a young person seeking to learn about corporate Amercia, healthcare, and supply chains.

ConsThe flip side of a fast-paced work culture is that you sometimes work more than the average 40 hour week, but this is not necessarily a con--it just depends on what you're looking for. Zimmer's corporate headquarters in Warsaw, IN is a wonderful town for having a family and enjoying the outdoors, but lacks some of the variety in amenities of larger cities (although Fort Wayne is only 45 minutes away).

A great place to work with a very humble culture

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsEmployees have a great sense of purpose in working here.
    A competitive compensation & benefits package
    Strong recent financial performance - leading to great opportunities in near-term

ConsWe need to have a stronger sense of urgency
    We need stronger leaders who are actual leaders - being able to provide candid feedback, while still treating people like humans.
    Need to hold employees/managers accountable

Great environment to work

Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsZimmer is a great place to work and learn. Management is supportive and motives to perform to your best. Enjoying working with friendly colleagues.

ConsNothing bad . . .

Training is great
    Culture
    Opportunity for growth
    Benefits are amazing

ConsCulture of the complany is changing in a postivie way

Outstanding company to work for! Highly recommend!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsZimmer cares about the people they hire. Benefits are outstanding, pay is among the very best, environment is open and honest. This company truly cares about the products they build and the people that will ultimately benefit from them. The culture is that if you are going to put something into another human being, it will be done right! Zimmer encourages employees to further their education with both time and money to help with tuition costs. They promote from within first.

I left to go to another orthopaedic company and it did not measure up. I couldn't get back fast enough!

ConsI do not see any negatives. Yes, we are worked hard but that is required of all jobs. The difference here vs other orthopaedic companies is that you work hard TOGETHER, in a team! It can sometimes be difficult to make local people understand that diversity makes the workplace better, not worse. This is not Zimmer's fault, it is working in the Midwest. Also, Warsaw is very cold in the winter. It is very difficult to adjust to the climate.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more sharing between groups so we can all see how our positions interact with others and how we are helping to make people's lives better.

If you are willing to work hard and if you care for what the company purpose is

Prosbeing in this business feels well (doing smething good for patients) and Z is the market leader - so obviously they do something right.

ConsBeaurocratic at times, very much policy oriented

Advice to Senior ManagementFlex a bit. be more pragmatic

Brand Manager

Brand Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsIn my 10+ years of work experience I have never been so impressed with an organization. Zimmer Spine provides employees:
    Alot of opportunity for personal growth
    Supportive Management
    Dynamic, hardworking and friendly working culture
    Wonderful benefits
    Steller Leadership
    Organized project management

ConsI cannot find any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

It's been wonderful working at Zimmer

Sourcing Engineer (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsLeadership is good. Business ideas generated are great. Everyone makes you part of a team. You get the work that is relevant to you. Makes you develop other skills.

ConsCulture in the company is slowly changing. Manufacturing still has not implemented SPC. Forecast can never be believed. The demands are always fluctuating.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Rewarding career with great opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

Pros-Leadership is authentic and supportive
    -Tremendous brand-name recognition in the industry
    -Many resources available for career growth
    -Company has a large and positive impact on the community
    -On-site fitness areas and cafeteria
    -Management cares about life-work balance
    -Top tier compensation

Cons-None that I have experienced

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue looking at the long term business health of the company and keep vesting in the employee

Flexible

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsGreat environment.
    Zimmer cares about their employees.
    Flexible for families.
    Great small town with big town amenities.
    Great bad weather policy (my first two days were snow days).
    Diverse job opportunities. If you are looking for a change in your job you can switch jobs and stay at the same company without moving.

ConsIf you want to live in a metro you will commute.
    There is a great gym but it could always be expanded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep caring about employees. They are the biggest asset to the company. The incentives for being healthy are good but I think that the emphasis should be expanded to having healthy options at catered meetings.

Worked for Zimmer? Contribute to the Community!