Zimmer

www.zimmer.com

The people I work with are what make this company.

Current Employee - Distributor in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Distributor in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

The benefits offered are great.

Cons

Upper management at the corporate level seem to make decisions based off of very little knowledge of what goes on down at the level where most work.

Upper management needs to visit distributorships and really learn the intricacies of our daily tasks so they can truly understand how their decisions pact the organization.

Jan 7, 2015Associate HR Director

Thank you for your feedback and advice to management. We’re excited about the future and there has never been a better time to be a part of our team. We are fortunate to have an experienced and ... More

Don't believe job security after merger

I worked at Zimmer full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good job with lots of fun people to work with. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

After mergers, they tell you they want long-term employees and not to worry about your job. Then a year or so later they close your plant and lay-off everyone. I have been thru this twice.

Care about people

It was ok, could have been better

I worked at Zimmer

Pros

Treat you fair and nice. Lots of celebrations and free lunches.

Cons

The top management needs to be more considerate.

Feb 10, 2015Associate HR Director

Thank you for sharing your perspectives. We are always trying to improve our Company and we appreciate your response.

Zimmer Engineer

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hardworking coworkers, diverse opportunities, good community

Cons

Little empowerment to make decisions, micromanagement, constantly changing environment

Hire people you trust and empower them to make decisions

Great Med Device Company

Current Intern - Senior Leader in Warsaw, IN
    Current Intern - Senior Leader in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company produces great industry leading products. The facilities are wonderful and the tools available to complete the job are fully available. There are many opportunities for advancement in the professional and lower level management roles. There is a tremendous focus on changing the culture and it's beginning to take root. Executive Management listens and acts appropriately. Culture shaping is creating an environment of collaboration which is positive and productive. Excellent pay and low cost of living. People at Zimmer and in Warsaw in general are exceptionally friendly. Love the small town atmosphere.

Cons

There is a lot of angst about job security since the intended purchase of Biomet was announced. This has created employee posturing that is counterproductive.

Accelerate the naming of the remainder leaders in the new organization in order to eliminate the tension and posturing. Continue to drive the culture shaping.

Jan 7, 2015Associate HR Director

Thank you for your perspectives and advice to management. Our culture-shaping journey will help us shape a healthy, high-performance culture that respects the needs of our employees, in addition to ... More

Work and culture

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Laid back. Headquartered in a remote place.

Jan 7, 2015Associate HR Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as we continue to work to make Zimmer an employer of choice focused on restoring mobility and improving the quality of life for patients around the world.

Horrible sales structure

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Zimmer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to carry great products

Cons

Local management are lame ducks milking the area for everything it is worth within the territory run by advantage. Policies are ridiculous and reps are just maintaining as opposed to selling.

Restructure the southeast

Feb 10, 2015Associate HR Director

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience with our Company. We do our best to create a dynamic environment that allows our employees to be catalysts for change, collaborate globally and ... More

Great Atmosphere, Poor Direction and Management

Former Contractor - Development Engineer in Warsaw, IN
    Former Contractor - Development Engineer in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Zimmer as a whole was very good about bringing in company culture, ensuring a learning atmosphere and hiring bright, helpful, logical minds. I enjoyed working with other development engineers and everyone in the plant. Everyone was warm and friendly, always willing to help you learn or adjust to the Midwest.

Cons

I was a contractor, and managers have little to no respect for contractors. They treated us like slaves, pushing impossible deadlines and expectations. There seems to be confusion everywhere, and it is at full fault of the managers who have little experience but full authority over projects. Managers promise career opportunities but even for those who have proven themselves over and over, there seems to be no kept promise. Poor management is the sole reason I left the company.

Dont treat your contractors like lower class citizens. Deadlines are met in spite of impossible situations, so the least you can do is be honest about expectations and goals.

Jan 7, 2015Associate HR Director

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience with our Company. We do our best to create a dynamic environment that allows our employees and contractors to be catalysts for change ... More

The pay is good.

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

They seem to pay very well

Cons

They just brought another company so another round of layoffs will happen

Jan 7, 2015Associate HR Director

We appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience about Zimmer.

Great Company

Current Employee - Manager in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people and opportunities for growth without having to move all over the world.
    Competative compensation and benefits, especially in and around the Warsaw area.
    Renewed focus on culture. It has been refreshing to see a change in people as they have realized their role in changing the culture.

Cons

People are stretched, especially with all of the project and priorities within the company at this time.

Dec 9, 2014Associate HR Director

Thank you for your perspectives. Our culture-shaping journey will help us shape a healthy, high-performance culture that respects the needs of our employees, in addition to driving Operational ... More