Zimmer Reviews

Reset

1. Delightful

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has wonderful compensation and benefits. The work is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

It is a large company and you are just a number at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Promote more frequently according to skill and ability not just business need.

May 11, 2015Associate HR Director

Thank you for sharing your perspectives. We are always trying to improve our Company and we appreciate your response.

More failed promises

I have been working at Zimmer full-time

Pros

Medical devices is a stable industry with a positive outlook. Zimmer offers competitive pay and 401k matching. Decent medical benefits, but high deductibles.

Cons

Despite a "culture shaping" initiative, the overall culture at Zimmer is disempowering. The culture will not change unless a new CEO is hired. Employees are fearful of speaking up and this leads to a hierarchical structure. More of the same.

Advice to Management

Stop making promises you do not keep. By this point, employees are totally skeptical of any new "initiatives" you promise about improving employee engagement or culture. People are tired of being dismissed or punished for bringing new ideas or challenging status quo. The unrelentless focus on quality has backfired in a big way.

3. Regional Inventory Manager

Current Employee - Regional Inventory Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Inventory Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Zimmer full-time

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, and work remotely

Cons

Company culture could use improvement

May 11, 2015Associate HR Director

Thank you for your perspectives. Our culture-shaping journey we started last year will help us shape a healthy, high-performance culture that respects the needs of our employees.

5. My experience with Zimmer was excellent.

Former Employee - Intern in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Intern in Wichita, KS

I worked at Zimmer

Pros

Zimmer has the best product on the market. The people at Zimmer are extremely willing to help you succeed professionally.

Cons

Work long hours, 10-12 hour days. Pay was below average. Few other of the employees were lazy, and caused low productivity to others.

6. I enjoy coming to work in the morning.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great purpose and products, competitive benefits, supportive team members, access to learning opportunities and growth, work-life balance, talented workforce.

Cons

Bureaucratic approval process to transform processes or make changes in many cases. Sometimes you just have to take a calculated risk.

Advice to Management

Communicate often and sometimes informally. Keep focusing on culture.

May 11, 2015Associate HR Director

Thank you for your perspectives. Our culture-shaping journey will help us shape a healthy, high-performance culture that respects the needs of our employees, in addition to driving Operational ... More

This place is no good.

Former Employee - Inventory in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Zimmer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The customer service ladies are nice and pleasant. I have no major pros.

Cons

People are two faced. No job security after merger. Too much favoritism and cattiness.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Value your employees. Provide better training.

Jun 10, 2015Associate HR Director

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience with our Company. We do our best to create a dynamic environment that allows our employees to be catalysts for change, collaborate globally and ... More

8. Zimmer

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

A great group of people

Cons

has to manage within the public sector

9. Marketing

I have been working at Zimmer full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. They pay respect to internal employees for open positions.

Cons

It is a very aggressive, competitive, and political environment. There are not many opportunities for women, as it is a very male-dominated environment. There are not many women in management as well.

Apr 27, 2015Associate HR Director

We monitor our Glassdoor reviews because we value feedback. We’re proud of the women who are currently in a wide range of management roles within our Company around the world. Their many ... More

WAS the best place I ever worked, now NOT so much

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay at Zimmer is really good, and the employees below director level are great to work with and care about their work.

Cons

The company motto should be, "Do it fast & cheap, not right." The biggest problem is that the ethics of Zimmer are terrible. It used to be much better, but now instead of being ethical, they are much more focused on the stock price. This has led to poor decisions, especially concerning quality.

On top of that, upper management has put policies in place that have decimated the culture. The worst part is that they blame the employees for the bad culture and have told us to "engage yourselves." It's hard to feel engaged when hard work goes unappreciated, and you are constantly in fear of losing your job.

There is a GE performance review model, where managers are forced into ranking good employees lower to "make the numbers right." In this system, 60% of the employees are ranked as mediocre or lower, most of which is undeserved. Managers are not allowed to rate their employees based on performance but rather must fit them to a curve for budgetary reasons. They claim that the rankings are "suggested," but when push comes to shove, the VPs all force the rankings lower. All this does is cause those employees to not work as hard the next year because what's the point? Or it causes backstabbing because people are fighting to save their jobs.

The pending merger has only made the culture worse. No one knows who their boss will be post-merger, and there is no communication on if your job will still be around. Everyone is sitting around and waiting. Many many good people have left because of these issues.

As an employee, even if you are an expert in your area, be prepared to be treated like a cog on a crashing train. Management would rather listen/follow their own agenda than listen to experienced employees. There is no trust or empowerment in the employees.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the GE performance review system! GE no longer uses this system for a reason...it doesn't work!! Start listening to and trusting your employees, instead of forcing them into unreasonable timelines that always end up getting pushed out. Be inspirational instead of contrived.

May 11, 2015Associate HR Director

We’re sorry that you aren't having a positive experience with our Company during this time of change for all of us. We do our best to create a dynamic environment that allows our employees to be ... More

11. Zimmer could be Great

I have been working at Zimmer full-time

Pros

Great pay, decent benefits, and an environment where you can grow and develop. Plenty of opportunities in a growing company. The cost of living is very low too.

Cons

We have too many priorities and therefore we are doing a lot but not doing them all very well. Integration has been a distraction to managing the business.

Advice to Management

Decide what is most important for the organization to be successful and let's focus all of our efforts there. Stop focusing on the numbers and remember there are people behind your decisions.

RSS Feed </> Embed