Zimmerman Advertising

Zimmerman Advertising Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman

Jordan Zimmerman

Pros
  • You will make mistakes and learn a lot right off the bat(in 8 reviews)

• Client interaction and casual work environment in a small office is great(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • AWFUL work-life balance, late hours 24/7, worked weekends ALL the time, had NO life(in 14 reviews)

• Abusive work environment, low pay and lay offs with zero notice and zero severance(in 13 reviews)

Zimmerman is a great place to start a career and be challenged in ways you never thought you could be.

Account Coordinator (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThis agency is a wonderful place to begin a career in advertising, and they encourage personal growth, both personal and within the company. It is very challenging and incredibly exciting. Company culture, social life, and collaboration is a crucial part of the company, which makes one feel welcome.

ConsWhile there is a lot of emphasis from the HR side on learning about the company and its departments, upon starting, there is little time put aside to actually sit and learn the actual processes. One often feels as though they've been left to their own devices and there's a lot of pressure to complete complicated tasks with little practice.

Learned a lot but can't stay forever

ProsThe co-workers are all really nice and you met alot of new people.

ConsThe management is terrible.

Great place to grow

Account Director (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThere are a lot of young fun people working in a new, modern building. The management team is not afraid of making tough calls. There are a good deal of large accounts that continue to grow in profile. Individuals are given a lot of responsibility relative to their years of experience.

ConsThe hours can tend to be long and entry level pay is not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the cultural shift that has been taking place over the past few years...empowering employees, praising their successes and supporting them when they fall short.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growth & Opportunities for driven, smart, collaborative professionals

ProsDiversity of accounts (Automotive, Franchise, Food, Furniture, etc...No Category is off the table)
    Diveristy of activities (Collateral, Digital, Social, Broadcast, P.R., Strategy & Research, Philanthropic, etc...)
    Great people!

ConsEntry Level Starting Salaries are kinda low

wild exhilarating roller coaster ride!

Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsChallenging, dynamic, fast-paced, allows you to stretch your knowledge, great new building, fun employee events, inspirational

ConsAll of the above. The pace is very fast and if you can't keep up, you are left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more

Good, not great

Junior Account Executive (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat corporate culture
    Great work space

ConsJob title doesn't match description
    Low pay

Account Coordinator

ProsGood entry-level experience. Good People mostly

ConsSome room for growth but this company is all about who you know.

We were told to rate this place highly

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWhen you're gone from this hellhole you'll be able to say you did it. You survived. You can handle anything now that you've handled working for managers like these.

ConsLow pay. Making Jordan rich. Long hours. Making Jord rich. Working for the least-respected ad agency in Florida, nay, the country. Making The Z rich. Having ANYthing to do with "The ZNA". For the love of god. The ZNA.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing you haven't heard before, and ignored.

My work at Zimmerman

Creative Director (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI work with a great deal of talented professionals.

ConsFurther from home than my last job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Zimmerman is making great strides

Senior Media Director (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsVery retail oriented. Excellent one-to-one dealings with senior marketers on the client side. While very fast paced, media team's recommendation and direction often get implemented which is rewarding. Great progress happening in digital media where budget and share of spend continue to grow. Beautiful new office space has recharged the agency.

ConsMedia is constantly in the spotlight at the agency, which could be a good or bad thing depending on the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the new building in recruiting. This is the best testament to where the agency is going.

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!