Zimmerman Advertising

Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman

Jordan Zimmerman

105 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best Agency in South Florida

Group Account Director (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsResults Driven atmosphere - strategic thinkers need only apply. If you have big ideas and want to make things happen for your clients then Jordan and the Senior Management Team are listening! Work hard, play hard and don't be afraid to contribute with old-fashioned work values. The new headquarters are the BEST offices I have seen in NY, LA, Chicago, Dallas or anywhere - they are as good as if not better as the best agencies anyplace! The Creative Teams are outstanding and great creative that Drives Business not just awards is found here. Strong culture here with many activities for your personal interests including charity, health & well ness, sports and fun.

ConsGreat results require time and commitment so if 24/7 isn't what you are looking for then the agency culture isn't a right fit.

First Career!

Digital Account Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat place to start off you're marketing career. You will learn a lot just in your first month! I went into Zimmerman worried that my knowledge from school wasn't enough to make it in the real work place, but after being here and learning from everyone around me I found myself very capable of doing the job.

ConsThe pay isn't the highest for entry level positions, but if you pay your dues and stay a while your pay will increase.

This is the place to be and be seen!

Integrated Media Planner (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsCo-workers are great, everyday is so exciting and a new challenge, Media Department Management (especially over the past year) is wonderful, and the new building is unbelievable (everyone feels like a million bucks). Everyone works so well together and looks out for our clients everyday. Love it here!

ConsThis buidling is so nice and restaurants are so abundant that you never want to go home! lol. I have to comment though that the starting pay might not be the best, but if you prove yourself, your title and salary will definitely be taken care of.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually a question: When is Z-bistro coming? :-)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic and Exciting

Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsZimmerman has a dynamic work environment with very talented people. High profile, national clients and great resources at our disposal. Fast paced and challenging work with early responsibility. Great place to work and learn!

ConsYou have to be prepared to be challenged and work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving and listening to employees.

Out of touch and full of hot air

Junior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsBeautiful new office space, great people (peers), opportunities to work for prominent and nation-wide brands

ConsInsanely inefficient workflows, and most people (while nice) are clueless about advertising, design, and copywriting and merely carry out tasks as they are told from above. A lot of the work is mindless, boring, and absolutely unrewarding. The general attitude is "it's good enough". No attention to details, no pride in most of the work that is done. Entry level employees don't get to have much input on projects, if at all, even if they have new and innovative ideas. People's true talents are not put to use and are often discouraged from putting in the extra effort as a result. Zimmerman is a businessman, not an advertising man - do not be fooled. He's in this for his ego and nothing more. Never mind the second rate and cheesy work that comes out of this "world-class agency".

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of the past, get past your egos, and embrace the young, innovative, and eager beginners that are abundant at the company. Don't pigeon-hole people based on their job titles; leverage their full potential and help them learn, grow, and feel fulfilled by what they are doing at the company. Don't be surprised by the high turnover if you fail to do these things. It is common knowledge that Zimmerman is a place to get in, get that year of experience, and get the hell out. Wake up and smell the coffee; the current state of affairs is not a way to remain relevant and successful in the industry.

Have the tenacity to stick with it and the sky is the limit... If you don't, get out!!!

Vice President/Director (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsYour opportunity in this agency, this company is what you make of it. If you want something bad enough, go get and nothing will stand in your way. The people I work for, the ones I work with and those that work for me are all amazing. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't in part to all of them.

ConsI would have to think for a while to come up with anything. I've seen this agency transform over the years from the top down, all for the better. I got nothin'!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways realize your true lifers at this agency... those who are willing to endure the blood, sweat and tears to keep this place going and grow the newly hired talent. Focus on them and let the short comers go by the waste side.

Good, not great

Junior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat corporate culture
    Great work space

ConsJob title doesn't match description
    Low pay

Overall, I have had a positive learning experience my first few weeks here at Zimmerman.

Assistant Media Planner (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI love working with a lot of different people from different backgrounds with different personalities. I get to work with an amazing group of really intelligent people every day. I have also learned A TON about my job in a VERY short amount of time! :)

ConsThe pay is verrryyyy low and sometimes my teammates are too busy to help out the new girl.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe approachable and available. This place can be intimidating!

The people and the ambience make it a World Class Agency.

Junior Integrated Media Planner (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros- Committed to providing Media Integration Services and Platforms
    -This is a Full service agency that provides technological tools to each department as needed that allow employees to be productive,competitive and results driven.
    -Build brands overtime, and retail sales overnight (House to "Brandtailing" by JZ).

Cons-Valet parking is not very convenient.
    -We should be able to interact more with other departments to better understand our work and have a clear prespective on what is expected from each employee in their own deparment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe right decision will lead you to quietness, peace and assurance. Be humble, honest and loyal to your company, team, and other leaders.

Uninspiring, Under appreciated, and Underpaid... Its where you go to get a foot in.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe people you work with are great and great talent. Good Place to get started and use on resume.

ConsMiddle and Upper Management . Everyone works like robots and there is no thought. No Innovation. Low Salary.Under paid and no opportunity to be innovative. Its a factory.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advantage of your talent . That is why people leave even if the pay is not good make your employees should be proud of what they are doing and working on, not just taking orders. You hired them for a reason, use their skills.

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!

Zimmerman Advertising Videos

Zimmerman Advertising – Why Work for Us?

Owned by Omnicom Group, Zimmerman Advertising is the leader in building national retail brands. With offices throughout the country and a diverse range of clients in every retail sector, Zimmerman has grown to be one of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zimmerman Advertising reviews and ratings in Fort Lauderdale, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zimmerman Advertising CEO Jordan Zimmerman. All 105 reviews posted anonymously by Zimmerman Advertising employees.