Zimmerman Advertising

Updated August 20, 2014

3.6

Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmerman

Pros
  • You will make mistakes and learn a lot right off the bat (in 8 reviews)

• Client interaction and casual work environment in a small office is great (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • AWFUL work-life balance, late hours 24/7, worked weekends ALL the time, had NO life (in 14 reviews)

• Abusive work environment, low pay and lay offs with zero notice and zero severance (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

113 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Informative of current advertising trends and functions that evoke positive results.

Current Employee - Creative Services Intern  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Creative Services Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

The environment is fun and exciting. Dull moments don't exist here and it is always a joy to receive daily tasks to further the company's progress.

Cons

I wish we had the option of coming in earlier (8), so we could leave at 5 and still have the same work day.

N/A

Account Coordinator

Current Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

It's hard to completely dislike Zimmerman because they are one of very few companies that will open the door to a career in advertising to a person with little to no experience (especially kids just out of college).

Cons

On the con side, the company (and surely the CEO) are very aware they are giving these inexperienced employees this opportunity and will use it to their advantage, to the point where it seems borderline unethical. In the Account Coordinator position, I worked late into the night often. Working long hours wasn't really the problem, I was okay with working hard to climb the ladder. There was just no ladder to climb. They worked us to the bone with no real opportunities for advancement and a bottom of the barrel salary which caused really bad team morale.

Care more about growing your good employees who start at the bottom. If you show more loyalty to them, they will reciprocate. Employee retention (by advancing careers within the company) would likely save you more money than having to continuously retrain new employees.

Join if you want to see a bunch of older white guys act like they are in touch with today's shoppers

Current Employee - Account Director  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

The junior staff is full of good people who try hard, but are led astray by management. The new building is beautiful, too bad the employee treatment is the same!

Cons

being blamed for the senior team's failures, long hours and under appreciated, second rate clients, getting yelled at by people full of hot air, lying by senior team,

Learn how to appreciate your staff and stop your constant self congratulation!! People leave because they need better leaders, who inspire greatness.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Internship Ever!

Current Employee - Digital Intern  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Digital Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

I started as an intern at Zimmerman in the beginning of the summer. However, I don't feel like an intern. I have been immersed into the agency and I am doing real work for real clients. I have already learned so much that I could never learn at school. Everyone is very helpful and willing to answer any questions I have... my co-workers and mentors are fantastic. I wish I didn't have to go back to school in the fall because I'd love to start working here ASAP.

Cons

During the internship you rotate to different jobs, which is a bit tough for me because I keep falling in love with the area that I'm in and then I have to leave it. However, seeing different aspects of the agency is definitely important for an intern.

So far, I have had a great time here.

Current Employee - Intern  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

I really enjoy the work environment. Most of the fellow employees are very friendly and always happy to lend a hand. They take us seriously and value our input, even though we are just interns.

Cons

Although this isn't a very big con, I am not located close to the office, which makes commuting annoying. This is a high-commitment job in my opinion, and could definitely take over someone's life. But, if you work to live, I'm sure you could do amazing things here.

I don't really have any advice. I think they are doing a fabulous job. The experience that I'm getting from this internship really is unparalleled elsewhere.

A fun immersion with an invaluable emphasis placed upon driving revenue for the clients.

Current Employee - Intern  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

It's a great location that's close to home. Most of my coworkers are young and will socialize with me outside of work. I see the opportunity to move up within the agency, but I also have the flexibility from experience to find another agency or business to work on the client side.

Cons

I'm really worried about a low starting salary. Since it is close to home and wages aren't great, the easy answer for me is to live at home. I don't want to do that coming right out of college.

The high turnover rate is concerning to me, so I would like to see the agency be more competitive with retaining employees.

InfuZion Internship

Current Employee - Account Services Intern  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Services Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

The immersion into the real workings of this agency is an invaluable experience. You feel like your work is valued and is actually contributing, as opposed to the coffee fetching routines in other internships. The employees are extremely welcoming and are genuinely concerned with helping you learn this business and making sure you have a positive and inspiring experience. Accompany that with the friendships and friendly competition between the other interns and you have one unbeatable experience.

Cons

The amount of work you are given throughout the week makes it difficult to balance your real project. And you unfortunately have to leave at the end of the summer.

The only advice I could give to Management would be don't stop holding this internship. Keep being as supportive and encouraging as you have been thus far.

A beautiful building inside and out with a very preferable working environment.

Current Employee - Account Services  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

The atmosphere is great here. Everybody is nice and always in a good mood. There are plenty of additional benefits such as the arcade, the cafe, and a valet. You feel proud when telling people that you work at Zimmerman. Plus the girls are all very attractive.

Cons

We have recycling bins, not trash bins at each of our desks. Also there are no full meal options inside Zimmerman, but honestly there is not much to complain about.

Possibly attempt to learn the workers' names in order to make them feel more important and needed to the business.

Incredible Experience

Current Employee - InfuZion  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - InfuZion in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

You have huge opportunities to gain experience and move up to bigger positions with more leadership. Executives are welcoming and always available to help, as are most other employees. People are really friendly and fun to be around during the work day. There are a lot of resources and you truly get to work on legitimate assignments with a hands-on approach. Zimmerman allows you to gain a lot of experience in the field of advertising and explore different positions and fields within advertising, in a short time.

Cons

You are given a lot of responsibility for an intern.

Continue to give young, fresh talent new opportunities and experience.

An invigorating experience with an enormous amount of knowledge available for us to learn each and every day.

Current Employee - Account Service Intern  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Service Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Fast paced work environment that has great values and opportunities for interns to learn what the corporate world is really like. Zimmerman is a top of the line agency in everything they do.

Cons

Interns learn a lot but I feel that individual departments should follow the guidelines of the InfuZion Internship book much better than they are. I feel like more hands on work could be given to Interns but departments are holding back. The fast paced environment is very stressful but will be worth it in the end.

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!