Zimmerman Advertising Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Toxic Culture

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

South Floridian weather, especially during the "winter" season. New office building. The work produced at Zimmerman makes the rest of the agencies look better.

Cons

Toxic culture, where money is The God. The main "motivator" to work is the fear of being fired. The only reason to work is the money. Virtually impossible to produce any creative work.

Advice to Management

Retire.

2. Back in the big time!

Current Employee - Account Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

Clients, people, office, Conpensation, Location

Cons

Process in place are not that great for some parts of the Agency

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

I double dare you to work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fancy office helps keep your typical type A employee there well past burn out, weight gain, and depression meds, since Type A's are typically terrified of change. -Brandtailing sounds good to executives that are being pressed to make immediate $, but these aren't lasting gains because, Zimmerman destroys brands for quick $'s

Cons

-Salaries are beyond the industry low. If you are due a raise they will tell you next month, next quarter and when that time comes around they'll likely fire you as they've found a cheaper replacement during that time. -Where does this money go. It goes to show Jordan's golden rule of proving ROI is a joke. What is his return for plastering every seat at the BB&T Center with ZIMMERMAN What is his return for putting an obnoxious Z on the building that cost who knows how many people their raises and jobs fighting city hall to allow that. What was the return for putting in a building wide speaker system to play the "Happy Song" Jordan expected people to jump up and start dancing....but everyone is miserable and overworked, so the entire office sat there in disgust every day as he kept playing it hoping for a different result. That lasted about 3 wks.

Advice to Management

There is no fixing this place. It's to far gone.

5. Empowering experience right out of college

Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful, there are tons of resources available that help me to accomplish my job, and its a great view into the world of an ad agency.

Cons

The pay is the biggest disappointment for me, I feel like I should be receiving a higher salary. There are long hours on the job, coming in early and staying late, but that's expected at any job to get your job done.

Advice to Management

I think the office culture is great, people love working within their department (from my own personal experience), but I would like to see more interaction from management and supervisors. Not necessarily more overbearing and on top of you, but the only time I see my supervisors is when I walk by their office.

Inspiring, motivating, challenging, exciting. That pretty much sums up my first month.

Current Employee - Copywriter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, training and community life of the agency.

Cons

sometimes it feels like everyone is together but separate.

Advice to Management

I would suggest being more open within departments about any changes that are occurring within a specific department.

Ridiculous amount of work with clueless managers who are never on the same page

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having this agency on your resume looks good if you live in South Florida.

Cons

The pay is terrible, account service is a joke with a whole lot of "go getter attitudes" but ultimately the leaders don't do any of the work but can attend meetings all day. You're really an order taker and although you do 99 things right, one mistake you make and then management actually pays attention to you by addressing their "concerns and needs". Work/life balance is awful and I feel sorry for anyone with kids with the horrible insurance this place offers.

Advice to Management

Cut the politics and communicate with your team. Advice to directors: if you can't handle more than one account don't take it out on your team and you might want to consider remaining in account service. Finally, you know what would be a great perk?! Good pay and not all the unnecessary "perks" Zimmerman offers.

Ok, for South FL.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast moving industry, some 'name brand' clients, great paid time off policy including most of the week between Christmas and New Years off. The office building is new and modern in design. There is a nice mix of older and younger employees. Probably not a bad place to spend a few years.

Cons

Office building is nice, but the location is bad....nothing around it. Very high turn-over of staff. Salaries very mediocre. Seems like the work pace shifts as clients come and go, but of course, that's just the industry. Middle management not particularly good. You need to definitely be a self-starter here because the management will do little to guide you.

Advice to Management

Weed out some of the old timers in middle management who seem to be hanging around because of seniority vice talent.

9. Zimmerman is a great place to work, if you are new to the agency world.

Former Employee - Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

Fun environment, everyone works and plays as a team. They have fun activities for employees throughout the work week/month. Lots of collaboration between teams.

Cons

LONG hours - its the agency world so expect 12 hour days (no questions asked)..they do provide lunch-dinner..but it gets old fast. Typically they email you around 4 and tell you its gonna be a late one, do you want burgers or tacos tonight? LOL High turnover - anticipate training/working with new employees every 2 weeks or so..however its a plus bc some employees are not cut out for the job, so its good/bad.

Advice to Management

Management is pretty solid, you just have to realize quickly its an agency = hard deadlines, turnover and fast-paced environment. I was pleased with my manager and had no issues while working with other managers.

10. Bloody love it here!!!

Current Employee - Creative Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Talented inspiring bosses who work as hard as you or harder. Always focused on the bigger picture and always forcing you to better your work. I've seen many changes the latest addition show signs of a maturing company that with no doubt be a major force to reckon with in the industry!

Cons

Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys!

Disgusting employment practices

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

There are none. Really. No, really.

Cons

They pay people slave wages 5-10k below market value) and they lay off with ZERO severance and they are PROUD OF THAT. Gone Friday with nothing and your health insurance expires Monday. They are animals.

RSS Feed </> Embed