Zimmerman Advertising Reviews in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Updated October 17, 2014
3.5

Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmerman

Pros
  • Zimmerman has a dynamic work environment with very talented people (in 15 reviews)

• You're given a lot of responsibility off the bat because it's only a younger crowd that works there so you learn a lot (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are expected with tons of work bc ppl are leaving (in 15 reviews)

• Work/Life balance was generally good, though benefit packages could be improved (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

132 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience has been intense.

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The experience is unparalleled in the industry. It is a well rounded experience in the advertising field.

Cons

Trying to keep up with the work is difficult. There are many different accounts to keep track of, with tons of assets to be adjusted every week.

No particular advice.

A great learning experience with many mentors to guide me along the way.

Current Employee - Social Marketing Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Social Marketing Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'd have to say the best pros for working here has been the hands-on learning experience & the awesome mentors. I started working at Zimmerman right out of college and immediately began working closely with my manager to learn the ins and outs of agency-life. I started to work on actual Client work and nothing felt better than having my work sent into the Client's hands.

Cons

Like most advertising agencies, I do have to work late to complete some time-sensitive tasks. The upside is I enjoy the people I work with so "after-work" time does not feel like a chore.

I would suggest to upper-management to encourage newer employees to ask a bunch of questions. Sometimes newer employees may feel intimidated but no question is a bad question.

Ideal place to work right out of college: Great learning opportunity

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work with seasoned professionals who really understand and possess the knowledge to navigate the industry. You gain knowledge that you cannot obtain from a classroom - especially since you get to learn more than just one particular area of advertising.

Cons

New hires who are new to a work environment might find it overwhelming because of the fast pace. However, this is the nature of not just Zimmerman, but the eco-system in which we operate - Clients need to be able to reach consumers at almost real-time as an idea is developed, and quick results.

Facilitate autonomy by helping employees set clear and realistic goals, and letting them know that you are there to support them. Also, advice employees that it is okay to make mistakes, as long as they learn from it and put what is learnt to practice.

Fun, young environment with lots of opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Zimmerman recognizes its employees' hard work and dedication with regular promotions and raises. It is an incredible opportunity for entry-level employees to get their hands dirty right from the start. Some people might be thwarted off by the fast-paced "sink or swim" environment, but if you have the ZNA, you thrive off of it. And if you want to attend an important meeting, just say so and there is a good chance you will be invited.

My favorite part about Zimmerman are the people I work with. After being here for over 2 years I have made lifelong friendships and have fun coming into work every single day.

Oh, and food truck Friday isn't too bad either.

Cons

The starting salaries for most positions is lower than most agencies, but as I said, there is opportunity for growth within the agency and if you want it bad enough, you won't be making entry-level pay for long.

Zimmerman always has extracurricular activities (nights out at the movies, philanthropic events, happy hours, etc.) It would be nice to see some EVPs at those events to show support for their employees.

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The fast paced environment of Zimmerman allows you to learn so much in a very short period of time. You get out what you put in for sure. Love the people I work with!

Cons

The compensation at Zimmerman is terrible, especially for entry level.

Great place to start a career and learn how to survive and succeed in the advertising world.

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office environment among peers is bright and friendly. HR does a great job of actively creating different events and activities for people in each department to get to know one another, something that might be otherwise difficult in such a large company.
    Many opportunities to learn and grow, both within ones own department and among other departments.

Cons

There is a clear divide among levels of management. At a company this size, it's easy to feel like "just another employee" in the eyes of the upper management.

Bicepts, Beauties and Brands OH MY!

Former Employee - Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You know, the Big Z had its moments. Youll work with incredible people, learn alot about Retail and Automotive Advertising and have some great "Break Time", but it seems like a stepping stone for your career. I worked as a Media Planner for 2 years at Zimmerman but was not promoted before I left.

Cons

No career growth and no management training - hit the ground running or run out the door

Train and Grow your internal employees. They are dying to be mentored and groomed.

Truly enjoy coming to work every day

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I honestly love working at Zimmerman Advertising. It's such an exciting, fun and reputable company and the people who work here are great! Everyone is very friendly and there's a lot of room for growth. The HR department is always planning fun and beneficial things for the employees ranging from surprise food trucks and costume contests to mentorship programs and wellness fairs (free massages?! Yes please!). We have some of the coolest clients on top of that (Party City, Dunkin' Donuts, AutoNation, Lucky Brand...) and our building is amazing! I don't even think the pictures online do it justice.

Cons

There are very few things I would consider a con of working at Zimmerman. The only things that I wish were better are the pay and the recycling. We have recycling bins at all of our desks, which, as an avid recycler, I was very excited about, but it doesn't seem to be enforced as just about everyone throws their trash in them and I've heard both the recycling and the trash go in trash dump outside anyways.

I enjoyed my time there.

Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a fast pace environment where you can get a lot of experience on the right account. I was promoted after several years of hard work on a thriving account.

Cons

I did not receive a raise with that promotion. I enjoyed working there but sometimes I needed to work on vacations and holidays. After several more years of hard work I was let go with out severance.

Fight to keep your existing clients, and add some new ones.

It has its perks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere. They have great perks to boost company moral. The people are great to work for and with for the most part.

Cons

The pay is the worst. They do not believe in paying their employees what they are worth. And they've lost a lot of good workers because of it. Also the benefits are expensive and you do not get what you pay for them. They're horrible with communication. If you don't hear it through the rumor mill, you will not know.

You know you're not paying your employees well- do something about it. You have a great team of people and you need to show them you appreciate them.

Zimmerman Advertising Photos