Zimmerman Advertising Reviews

248 reviews filtered by
3.4
Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmerman

Pros
  • You're given a lot of responsibility off the bat because it's only a younger crowd that works there so you learn a lot (in 13 reviews)

• Best place to start your career and work your hardest to get where you want to be (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance was generally good, though benefit packages could be improved (in 10 reviews)

• AWFUL work-life balance, late hours 24/7, worked weekends ALL the time, had NO life (in 17 reviews)

1. Back in the big time!

Current Employee - Account Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

Clients, people, office, Conpensation, Location

Cons

Process in place are not that great for some parts of the Agency

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. business culture

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

Experience only for starters in industry.

Cons

better pay with experience these days

3. Graphic Designer

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

Great place if you're just starting out your career. I learned a lot about the industry and about myself as a designer here. It really helped shape my path to where I want to go in this filed of work.

Cons

Long hours (a lot of weekend hours). Be prepared to work and help contribute to new business and pitches.

Advice to Management

Champion the people that make the work and come up with great ideas. It's nice to know that upper management knows that you're really working hard putting in the effort to make the company successful

Run, don't walk from this place.

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

None. Oh wait... free soda and gift card year-end bonus that's one step above jelly of the month club membership.

Cons

Low pay, dog and pony show social newsroom, degrading and uninspiring work environment

I double dare you to work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fancy office helps keep your typical type A employee there well past burn out, weight gain, and depression meds, since Type A's are typically terrified of change.
    -Brandtailing sounds good to executives that are being pressed to make immediate $, but these aren't lasting gains because, Zimmerman destroys brands for quick $'s

Cons

-Salaries are beyond the industry low. If you are due a raise they will tell you next month, next quarter and when that time comes around they'll likely fire you as they've found a cheaper replacement during that time.
    -Where does this money go. It goes to show Jordan's golden rule of proving ROI is a joke.
    What is his return for plastering every seat at the BB&T Center with ZIMMERMAN
    What is his return for putting an obnoxious Z on the building that cost who knows how many people their raises and jobs fighting city hall to allow that.
    What was the return for putting in a building wide speaker system to play the "Happy Song" Jordan expected people to jump up and start dancing....but everyone is miserable and overworked, so the entire office sat there in disgust every day as he kept playing it hoping for a different result. That lasted about 3 wks.

Advice to Management

There is no fixing this place. It's to far gone.

Nightmare

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like high volume, Crazy Eddie style retail, Zimmerman is the king of the hill.

Cons

Embarrassing work, truly embarrassing work. Clueless managers who can teach you next to nothing. A negative work atmosphere, trust and respect simply don't exist. The billings are grossly inflated. Salaries are the lowest in the industry and advancement, very few progress here. The smart ones quickly leave once they realize what they signed up for. Some of the worst creative work I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

JZ, fire your top level management across departments: they are truly awful. Pay your staff a livable wage. Cut the hype, walk the talk.

Roll your sleeves up and get ready to work.

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

Without a doubt, Zimmerman is the only player in town doing digital, social, and integrated advertising on a scale that matters. They may also be the best national retail agency ever. The executive leadership, including Jordan, believes in the future of digital.

Cons

Don't expect a cakewalk. Data driven results are one of the founding principles. If something needs to get done, you do it.

Advice to Management

Hard work and fast deadlines are not the problem. Lack of process and swirl seem to create the majority of frustration and burnout. Top down demands are deployed with fear tactics and aggression. Millennials beware.

I didn't let their ways effect the ways you I produce quality ads

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

JZ appeals to decision makers whom are out to make short term gains as Zimmerman can back those statistics and shows this with short term clients. Jordan can easily land the guys in shinny suits that can't see past a $ to the detriment of their company's brand

High pay for executives, but these aren't people who worked their way up they are brought in.

There is great creative talent at the mid and high range, but they are handcuffed by mass production of ads.

Cons

This is no place to start a career and I don't let my company hire people who did, because the way they train, teach, and rotate through staff creates a very undesirable employee for a real advertising agency. Any postings on here that says different are placed by Zimmerman. They rely on young people who never have time to embrace a brand, but rather shell out underwhelming ads and with JZ's huge donation to USF he's locking up a pool of future burnouts.

Lowest pay in the industry

Advice to Management

This is working for you guys, but I hate to see the youth this industry working themselves out before they are even in.

10. Inspiring, motivating, challenging, exciting. That pretty much sums up my first month.

Current Employee - Copywriter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, training and community life of the agency.

Cons

sometimes it feels like everyone is together but separate.

Advice to Management

I would suggest being more open within departments about any changes that are occurring within a specific department.

Ridiculous amount of work with clueless managers who are never on the same page

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having this agency on your resume looks good if you live in South Florida.

Cons

The pay is terrible, account service is a joke with a whole lot of "go getter attitudes" but ultimately the leaders don't do any of the work but can attend meetings all day. You're really an order taker and although you do 99 things right, one mistake you make and then management actually pays attention to you by addressing their "concerns and needs". Work/life balance is awful and I feel sorry for anyone with kids with the horrible insurance this place offers.

Advice to Management

Cut the politics and communicate with your team. Advice to directors: if you can't handle more than one account don't take it out on your team and you might want to consider remaining in account service. Finally, you know what would be a great perk?! Good pay and not all the unnecessary "perks" Zimmerman offers.

Zimmerman Advertising Photos