Zimmerman Advertising

Zimmerman Advertising Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman

Jordan Zimmerman

Pros:
  • "You will make mistakes and learn a lot right off the bat"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Good place to start in the advertising industry - looks great on a resume"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "AWFUL work-life balance, late hours 24/7, worked weekends ALL the time, had NO life"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Abusive work environment, low pay and lay offs with zero notice and zero severance"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Have the tenacity to stick with it and the sky is the limit... If you don't, get out!!!

Vice President/Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than 10 years

ProsYour opportunity in this agency, this company is what you make of it. If you want something bad enough, go get and nothing will stand in your way. The people I work for, the ones I work with and those that work for me are all amazing. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't in part to all of them.

ConsI would have to think for a while to come up with anything. I've seen this agency transform over the years from the top down, all for the better. I got nothin'!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways realize your true lifers at this agency... those who are willing to endure the blood, sweat and tears to keep this place going and grow the newly hired talent. Focus on them and let the short comers go by the waste side.

This is the place to be and be seen!

Integrated Media Planner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCo-workers are great, everyday is so exciting and a new challenge, Media Department Management (especially over the past year) is wonderful, and the new building is unbelievable (everyone feels like a million bucks). Everyone works so well together and looks out for our clients everyday. Love it here!

ConsThis buidling is so nice and restaurants are so abundant that you never want to go home! lol. I have to comment though that the starting pay might not be the best, but if you prove yourself, your title and salary will definitely be taken care of.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually a question: When is Z-bistro coming? :-)

Growth & Opportunities for driven, smart, collaborative professionals

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDiversity of accounts (Automotive, Franchise, Food, Furniture, etc...No Category is off the table)
Diveristy of activities (Collateral, Digital, Social, Broadcast, P.R., Strategy & Research, Philanthropic, etc...)
Great people!

ConsEntry Level Starting Salaries are kinda low

Dynamic and Exciting

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than a year

ProsZimmerman has a dynamic work environment with very talented people. High profile, national clients and great resources at our disposal. Fast paced and challenging work with early responsibility. Great place to work and learn!

ConsYou have to be prepared to be challenged and work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving and listening to employees.

Zimmerman is making great strides

Senior Media Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery retail oriented. Excellent one-to-one dealings with senior marketers on the client side. While very fast paced, media team's recommendation and direction often get implemented which is rewarding. Great progress happening in digital media where budget and share of spend continue to grow. Beautiful new office space has recharged the agency.

ConsMedia is constantly in the spotlight at the agency, which could be a good or bad thing depending on the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the new building in recruiting. This is the best testament to where the agency is going.

Best Agency in South Florida

Group Account Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

ProsResults Driven atmosphere - strategic thinkers need only apply. If you have big ideas and want to make things happen for your clients then Jordan and the Senior Management Team are listening! Work hard, play hard and don't be afraid to contribute with old-fashioned work values. The new headquarters are the BEST offices I have seen in NY, LA, Chicago, Dallas or anywhere - they are as good as if not better as the best agencies anyplace! The Creative Teams are outstanding and great creative that Drives Business not just awards is found here. Strong culture here with many activities for your personal interests including charity, health & well ness, sports and fun.

ConsGreat results require time and commitment so if 24/7 isn't what you are looking for then the agency culture isn't a right fit.

Fast moving train

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of opportunity to learn, coworkers are some of the best I've worked with, top name clients, the little things that the company does to make it fun (ice cream day, food trucks. . . ), the new headquarters is amazing.

ConsSalary is a bit on the low side until you prove yourself, the go-go-go mentality can be fun but exhausting

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your people want, especially at the lower levels. We need to grow and thrive!

wild exhilarating roller coaster ride!

Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChallenging, dynamic, fast-paced, allows you to stretch your knowledge, great new building, fun employee events, inspirational

ConsAll of the above. The pace is very fast and if you can't keep up, you are left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more

Good, not great

Junior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat corporate culture
Great work space

ConsJob title doesn't match description
Low pay

Account Coordinator

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

ProsGood entry-level experience. Good People mostly

ConsSome room for growth but this company is all about who you know.

Worked for Zimmerman Advertising? Contribute to the Community!

Zimmerman Advertising Videos

Zimmerman Advertising – Why Work for Us?

Owned by Omnicom Group, Zimmerman Advertising is the leader in building national retail brands. With offices throughout the country and a diverse range of clients in every retail sector, Zimmerman has grown to be one of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zimmerman Advertising reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zimmerman Advertising CEO Jordan Zimmerman. All 126 reviews posted anonymously by Zimmerman Advertising employees.