Zimmerman Advertising Reviews

Reset
3.3
Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmerman

Pros
  • You're given a lot of responsibility off the bat because it's only a younger crowd that works there so you learn a lot (in 13 reviews)

• Great place to start off you're marketing career (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no respect for work/life balance; in fact they make you feel bad for wanting to leave at 6 pm (end of the day) (in 10 reviews)

• Great results require time and commitment so if 24/7 isn't what you are looking for then the agency culture isn't a right fit (in 17 reviews)

1. Account Services Intern

Current Employee - Account Services Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Services Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

-Get exposed to the different divisions of the agency such as strategy, media, retail account services, and digital.
    -Get immersed into a team of five assigned a rigorous project presented at the end to head executives

Cons

-Low pay
    -Recycling bins everywhere - green friendly but can get annoying

Best Job I've Had So Far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great. Everyone is incredibly helpful and friendly. Management wants you to succeed and will do anything they can to help you during your first few months. Great sense of community. It's a very inspiring place and they do a lot of orientation programs during your first 90 days so you can see all the different sides of the company. They try to do an event every week, whether it be food trucks or farmers markets. Great work/life balance, friendly and casual environment. This is a great place to start out in a career. You work with nationally recognized clients and the company is only going up. There's also a lot of flexibility with scheduling and also with moving around the company. I've never enjoyed a job as much as I enjoy my job here and I actually look forward to coming here everyday.

Cons

The pay is awful and my only complaint. I was making 50% more at my last job and I won't see that kind of money again until at least 2 years of working here. Zimmerman gets away with the ridiculously low salaries because they know everyone wants to work here.
    I'd think twice about relocating here for an entry-level position. Rent in South Florida is ridiculously high and by the time you've paid rent, utilities, groceries, etc, you will have used up your entire month's paycheck. Many people here are living at home with their parents.
    A lot of people stay a year or two to get Zimmerman on their resume and leave for smaller agencies that will pay more money. It's really sad because it really is a great place to work and they don't want to leave, but they simply cannot afford to live off the salary.

Tons of Work to do, IT Management does little or nothing to help.

Former Employee - Former Helpdesk Level II in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Former Helpdesk Level II in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large Beautiful Building. Really Cool and Helpful H.R., zRepro, Facilities Staff. Special Holiday/Occasional Free Company Lunches. Beautiful Food Cafe's with a Tons of Free Coffee and Soda Options. VERY Hard working Level 2 and Infrastructure Engineers who appreciate Fast Assistance and Cooperation from the already Hard working Help Desk Team.

Cons

Overworked & Underpaid! Very low Hourly Pay rate for the Amount of Hard Work expected to be completed by IT Management. Too much Drama and work related Stress in the Office!!! IT Management does close to "Zero" - nothing to help their Hard working IT Team when they ask for Help at Times. Instead they are asked to figure it out themselves... Maybe their too busy flirting with the some of the ladies of other Departments instead of helping their Team at Times? Maybe they don't care about what the eventual Outcome of what that may be? Maybe they don't Fully recognize that their Hard Working IT Helpdesk Team already notices that? Maybe their Helpdesk Team are looking for better Leadership? Why are ALL of their Senior, Hard Working Level 2 Helpdesk Techs leaving the company? Who knows???

Advice to Management

Please show your Already Hard Working Helpdesk Team (That already are in fear of losing their job at times because of the way you come Across with too much Pride) that you are willing to help them in case they have a few questions that they do not know how to answer but could use your Help!!! Do not throw any more responsibilities on them that you could possibly Help them with. Work with Executive Management to allow Higher Hourly Wages and/or Salary for your already Hard working Helpdesk Team that strives to keep things running smoothly for the Department. The Overtime Rate should be against the Law...

5. Fast-paced client consulting firm

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hmm... let's see...the soap in the bathroom smells amazing, the floors are always clean, the building is beautiful, and you get free valet parking. The people are all young and fun, there's a lot of positive and eager energy, Food truck Fridays, Summer Fridays where you get half-days off, company events, a lot of events to keep the employees motivated, several very good looking people in the area never hurt, a free soda machine with every Coke product you can imagine... I looove Vanilla Diet Coke! and our CEO Michael Goldberg is awesome. He's an absolute teddy bear.

Cons

The salaries are horrible across the board, people drop like flies, hours are long for some only to have the client then completely shut down the entire project, many employees are a bit too young so it seems the company uses these newbies to pay them short salaries and work them to the bone so they can gain the experience. Interns get Macbooks, while people that have been here for years don't? That's a little weird. Some execs are too young because they've likely been here since they got out of college and act like they own the place. Nice people here don't last very long. The social culture in the company acts like a dating service. It's high school all over again, where so and so dated so and so in x floor and now they're not speaking because x person is dating someone in their team. Jordan only goes around tooting his own horn... his book, his plane, his accomplishments, how he built the business from the ground up, how he comes into work even though he doesn't need to (so annoying), and he makes people be here at 7:45am for his on-boarding presentation because he's a morning person. Jordan is so successful, owns so many cars and a plane, yet pays his employees minimum wage salaries :(

Advice to Management

Raise salaries for employees and maybe the doors wouldn't revolve as much as they do. People drop like flies here. I've watched multiple people leave from my area in just 1 month. Something is obviously not right.

Great environment But broke like a joke pay is horrible

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

The management is great. There is a lot of flexibility and your manager really tries to work with you. The people are great. This is an environment where you can hang out with the company people outside of work. They do nice events.

Cons

The money is terrible starting salary is at poverty level. Unless you have some one helping you I would not consider moving for an entry level position. The environment is great and would make you want to be here forever but the money catches up to you. Not sure there is much room to move up. I mean your title may change the first 2 years but after that you can be at a stand still.

Advice to Management

We do a lot of work for the agency and willing to do a lot more. I think you guys should consider paying more. Everyone loves this company and work environment why not make the pay match.

Overworked and Underpaid... (Hopefully this wll not be removed from Glassdoor)

Former Employee - Former Helpdesk Level I in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Former Helpdesk Level I in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly & Helpful H.R. and Facilities Staff and zRepro, Free Valet Parking, Free Soda and Delicious Food for Special Occasions and Holidays. Hard working and Consistent Level 2 Helpdesk Technicians and Infrastructure Engineers who value prompt assistance and cooperation. Delicious Team Breakfast(s) and Holiday Dinner.

Cons

Very low hourly pay rate for the Amount of work expected to complete by IT Management. Too much Drama and Work related Stress in the Office!!! One day everything is fine, then the next day All Hell breaks loose and the Helpdesk Team Is endowed with accusatory emails from management at times. Wish they would treat their Team with a little more respect.

Advice to Management

Work with Executive Management to allow and provide Higher Hourly wages / Higher Annual Salary for the Hard working Helpdesk / IT Support Team that strives to keep things running smoothly. Expecting anyone on the Helpdesk Team (Who are already slammed with work) to pick up something for a Top Level Executive who can easily pay someone else or have a personal assistant pick that up for them is absolutely ridiculous to throw on them. Maybe you could possibly help your already Hard working Team and pick It up yourself? Bottom Line: Pay your Hard Working Team Higher wages and they will stay...

Accounts

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising (Less than a year)

Pros

Young enviorment and a cool building

Cons

Everything is rushed and due "yesterday"

9. Digital Administrator

Current Employee - Digital in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Digital in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

Great place to start and the people is nice and professional.

Cons

Pay can be better, but overall is a great environment.

10. Intern

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

Amazing program with high intensity. You learn so much more than you can imagine in 12 weeks. Each year the program is refined further based on past intern reviews. Jordan Zimmerman also created a top notch advertising program at USF so he's very committed to growing the next generation and prepping them for the advertising world. By the end of the program, you will be exhausted but equipped to get a job!

Cons

The intensity takes some adjusting for sure. It's a lot of information and a lot of overlapping projects. You spend a large amount of time working with your teammates - this can be really great as the hiring process is pretty selective, but there will always be conflict here and there when you're working with other talented people. Overall, not a lot of cons.

Social Media Coordinator

I worked at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

A lot of young people so if you're moving down for the job you will easily make new friends.

Cons

You're expected to work after you leave work and on weekends without compensation.

RSS Feed </> Embed