Zimmerman Advertising Reviews

Reset
4.0
Zimmerman Advertising Founder & Chairman Jordan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmerman

Pros
  • You're given a lot of responsibility off the bat because it's only a younger crowd that works there so you learn a lot (in 13 reviews)

• Great place to start off you're marketing career (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no respect for work/life balance; in fact they make you feel bad for wanting to leave at 6 pm (end of the day) (in 10 reviews)

• Great results require time and commitment so if 24/7 isn't what you are looking for then the agency culture isn't a right fit (in 17 reviews)

1. Fast-paced, entrepreneurial

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

If you are smart and have a motor, you will thrive. Many junior folks have full client contact on daily basis... but not all. Lots of little fun events for employees ranging from film nights to ice cream socials. If you have an idea and a plan, you will be given the chance to apply it to client work - a bit of a start-up nature.

Cons

Can be longer hours in the heat of deadlines/busy retail seasons.

Zimmerman Advertising Response

Aug 31, 2015 – VP, HR

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad to hear that you are having a positive experience at Zimmerman. We are committed to creating a collaborative and growth oriented environment for all of our ... More

Hard work pays off

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

Zimmerman is a great place to start your career and grow. If you work hard management will see it and you can grow in your career. There are great perks and events and you are surrounded by fun people to work with.

Cons

Growth takes time, promotions don't happen because of how long you've been at Zimmerman. You can work really hard but until someone in a higher position leaves or they take on new clients, you'll stay in the same role.

Advice to Management

you need to pay attention to the people individually and know when they are ready to move up. If you don't move them up, they'll leave. This is the biggest issue at the agency.

Jr. Account Executive

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to start your career. You are given a lot of responsibility early on which translates into great experience. Great opportunity to work with nationally recognized brands.

Cons

Long hours and below industry average pay. You have to commit yourself for several years until you start making decent salary. Lots of turnover.

Advice to Management

Overall, the company culture has significantly evolved with the help of our of new executive team and I see great things happening in the near future. My only advice to management is to recognize those who put in the long hours and have shown commitment to their clients and the agency. Invest in these individuals and make salaries more competitive for middle level employees so they will stay around and continue to grow with company.

5. Good company to start your career

Current Employee - Assistant Integrated Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Integrated Media Planner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment: the offices are great, most coworkers are friendly and inviting. I have a great boss who I enjoy working with and a supportive team. As a recent college graduate, it's a great place for young people to network and develop a social life after college. It's a good place to get started in advertising and learn the basics, and it looks great on a resume.

Cons

The salary is obviously the biggest con: it's hard to accept such a low wage with a college degree. The hours are 9-6, and you sometimes have to stay later, which can certainly be a long day. And not always having work to do.

6. Access Granted

Current Employee - Senior Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zimmerman offers an innovative, high energy workplace to all of their associates.

Cons

Though parking is valet, I'm not too fond of allowing people access to my personal vehicle on a daily basis. Maybe it's just me, but it really feels like an invasion of my privacy.

Advice to Management

My manager is awesome. She expects us to produce quality work without the need to be micromanaged. With that level of integrity, we can't help but deliver.

7. Great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Hands-on experience Get to work on client materials Very immersive; get to rotate throughout agency departments

Cons

no cons; it was a pleasure to work here

8. Account Services Intern

Current Employee - Account Services Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Services Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

-Get exposed to the different divisions of the agency such as strategy, media, retail account services, and digital. -Get immersed into a team of five assigned a rigorous project presented at the end to head executives

Cons

-Low pay -Recycling bins everywhere - green friendly but can get annoying

Current employee

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

The people here are very friendly and helpful. The building is beautiful and I love coming here everyday!

Cons

The salaries are low and there is a huge turnaround here.

Advice to Management

Don't let the good employees slip away...offer them more $$ before they pick up and leave.

10. Jr. Integrated Media Planner

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zimmerman is like the advertising school you've been wanting to attend, its great to start your career here and grow professionally, its not gonna be easy but it will be worth it

Cons

Too soon to advise on this matter

Advice to Management

One of the things I believe that have room for improvement will be the involvement of the Planners in the actual strategy, I feel like Planners should be more involved in this process

11. Empowering experience right out of college

Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful, there are tons of resources available that help me to accomplish my job, and its a great view into the world of an ad agency.

Cons

The pay is the biggest disappointment for me, I feel like I should be receiving a higher salary. There are long hours on the job, coming in early and staying late, but that's expected at any job to get your job done.

Advice to Management

I think the office culture is great, people love working within their department (from my own personal experience), but I would like to see more interaction from management and supervisors. Not necessarily more overbearing and on top of you, but the only time I see my supervisors is when I walk by their office.

RSS Feed </> Embed